TreeFitty
post Aug 9 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #81

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

They'll keep doing it and doing more as long as people keep paying.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 9 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #82

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i think the success of the $15 map packs for call of duty showed the industry we're willing to pay for it... which makes me want to kill everyone that bought them... it's bad enough that the games cost $60 but, adding another $20 or so on top of it really strikes a nerve with me... and there's nothing i can do about it except bitch and complain, which gets me nowhere...

seriously, if companies like activision follow through with this whole "pay to play online" shit, i am going to go back to strictly single player experiences... and maybe the occasional online experience if i don't have to pay anything... it's not like i play online all that much anyways... i wouldn't be missing much...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 9 2010, 09:33 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 10 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #83

Clepto

Group: Members
Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 9 2010, 04:31 PM) *
i think the success of the $15 map packs for call of duty showed the industry we're willing to pay for it... which makes me want to kill everyone that bought them... it's bad enough that the games cost $60 but, adding another $20 or so on top of it really strikes a nerve with me... and there's nothing i can do about it except bitch and complain, which gets me nowhere...

seriously, if companies like activision follow through with this whole "pay to play online" shit, i am going to go back to strictly single player experiences... and maybe the occasional online experience if i don't have to pay anything... it's not like i play online all that much anyways... i wouldn't be missing much...

Thats the thing with me.
I like playing online with friends though, I just about hate doing it any other way. There are a lot of dickbags out there...and its why I'm pretty disappointed in the way Rockstar is doing the DLC for this game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 10 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #84

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

for those that haven't checked the first post or ireddead.com, more info coming out.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 10 2010, 05:23 AM
Post #85

now, i see nothing wrong with single player DLC... nothing at all, which is probably why i am interested in the undead pack but, it's the multiplayer stuff that bothers me... if you want to keep the online community active, they all need to be playing the same thing... not having to pay $10 to activate their online account because they bought the game used, only to find that everyone is playing the new maps that cost another $15...

i'm sorry but, this is kind of pissing me off... i'd like to say, "/rant" but, i don't think that's going to happen anytime soon...

*shakes fist*

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 10 2010, 05:23 AM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 10 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #86

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I'm also looking forward the the offline DLC more. Playing online used to seem epic like 5-10 years ago, but the novelty has worn off the last two or three years. I mean, i loved the GTA matches we set up. But that's between friends. Online games against randoms isn't all that fun anymore. Too many bitchers and moaners on their mics all the time.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 10 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #87

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 10 2010, 10:04 AM) *
Too many bitchers and moaners on their mics all the time.

I just mute them all, usually a load of foreign cunts anyway talking in gibberish.

Anyway for some reason I downloaded this, it's the first time i've ever bought anything from the PS Store. Hope I don't regret it, although I probably will when I find only three other people have it. Suppose I can always uninstall it if that's the case.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 10 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #88

Still Standing
Group Icon

Tell us how good or bad the new maps are! And also how cool is the new weapon?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 10 2010, 11:11 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 10 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #89

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Not even in PSN store for me yet... *runs off to make news post anyway*

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 10 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #90

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Haven't even looked at the new characters and I don't really care about them, but every third faggot is using the Red Harlow model thinking they're somehow unique. There's also a new team to play as in team deathmatches called "Revolver" well you can guess that the team comprises of the newly added characters.

Before I start with the maps themselves i'd like to point out that in the match selection there are new sections added such as "Legends & Killers free for all" "Legends & Killers team deathmatch" etc. So the original game shouldn't be affected and you should still be able to play that normally.

As for the maps, i've played Rio Bravo, which is centred around the Repentance Rock formation, you start with the cattleman revolver, a shotgun and the tomahawk (which everybody was spamming with), there are no weapon or deadeye pickups on the map at all. The match was full (or very nearly) which I was surprised at. It's very chaotic, with no real camping points and mainly close combat fighting between the weaving rock alleyways. After that it was on to a hold your own match in Blackwater where you start with the semi-auto pistol (I was hoping to start with the HPP since I haven't golded it yet) and a springfield rifle, as you can expect the buildings offer a variety of camping/sniping options from above and also close combat fighting from below. With the opposing teams starting at diagonal opposite ends of the city, so it isn't just a run through the main street with the enemy bag. Next it was a TDM in Thieves' Landing where I got the majority of kills, not much to say except people on the enemy team enjoyed camping in the building to the south of the river as our team rushed across the bridge, leaving me to pick them off with deadeye from behind. It's dark and murky as it always is in the town, and you have to be aware of enemies spawning behind you and creeping up.

---interval---

*gasps for air*

Ok next it was a grab the bag at Manzanita Post, which is a moderately sized map focusing on the straight section of trail with opposing teams at either end and the post with all the weapon goodies situated in the middle, the tomahawk features here and again a few people were spamming it, although since you get a repeater to start with it wasn't favouring so well against my headshots. There are a couple of gattling guns near the middle and the bags sometimes spawn out in the woods, however, no bears or any other wildlife was seen. In the end we won about 4-1. Finally, to finish up it was a TDM in Fort Mercer, which was a mix of low-level skulking around with a shottie, or hiding on the upper levels with a repeater, there are no real safe havens up top though where you can really be sure you're not going to get blasted from behind, so staying in one place is unadvisable, and switching between weapons when going from exterior to interior really is necessary, although some noobs didn't realise this as they shot me with a repeater at point blank range as I levelled my shotgun in their direction. The next match was in Hennigan's Stead, but I didn't play that. Although it's such a large area which part of it is actually playable, I don't know.

As for the tomahawk itself most of the time I was hit with it it didn't kill. And I haven't really used it myself yet.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Aug 10 2010, 12:26 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 10 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #91

lol @ everyone playing as red harlow... i'm telling you, i want to play as buffalo soldier biggrin.gif... he's got the coolest outfit, an old civil war cavalry getup... and yea, the new locations sound nice and it's also nice to see that they separated the DLC people from the rest of the crowd, similar to the way they handled the co-op stuff...

so, i am guessing that each DLC will have it's own game map then... that's actually not a bad idea and it makes sense... i was afraid that it would be alienating others during matches but instead it's more like a quarantine laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 10 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #92

Still Standing
Group Icon

Sounds pretty cool from what you've said. I wanna play in Blackwater and Rio Bravo the most!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 10 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #93

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Hennigan's Stead is quite fun as it's so big and open most of the action takes place on horseback - Which I found quite unique. Didn't really like Escalera as it's too jumbled and has a lot of dead ends. I still haven't played Tall Trees or Sidewinder Gulch yet.

Apparently somebody unlocked the golden tomahawk 35 minutes after the pack was released, I don't know how the fuck they did that because you have to get 100 headshots with it, which I find nigh on impossible to do due to their trajectory. I've actually had one lodged in my head and it didn't kill me, I carried on running around with it stuck in my head for quite a while... in the game I mean. blush.gif

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Aug 10 2010, 05:06 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 10 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #94

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Apparently somebody unlocked the golden tomahawk 35 minutes after the pack was released, I don't know how the fuck they did that because you have to get 100 headshots with it, which I find nigh on impossible to do due to their trajectory.

That's bullshit, them must have boosted it with a friend/group of friends.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 10 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #95

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 10 2010, 06:35 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Apparently somebody unlocked the golden tomahawk 35 minutes after the pack was released, I don't know how the fuck they did that because you have to get 100 headshots with it, which I find nigh on impossible to do due to their trajectory.

That's bullshit, them must have boosted it with a friend/group of friends.

That's what I thought, so far I haven't had one headshot with the tomahawk.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 10 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #96

are you able to use tomahawks in the single player game?

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 10 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #97

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I've got this queued up on the 360. I have been neglecting the purposeful multiplayer and just fucking around with freemode and lightly dabbling in the co-op.

Hopefully this will help me get more into the multiplayer aspect of the game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 10 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #98

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 10 2010, 09:14 PM) *

Yup.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 10 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #99

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Yup.

even from the beginning?? suweet... i am slowly warming up to the idea of purchasing this pack...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Aug 10 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #100

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 10 2010, 09:51 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Yup.

even from the beginning?? suweet... i am slowly warming up to the idea of purchasing this pack...

I don't know about from the beginning but it is purchasable in shops, it's not that powerful so I don't see why they'd restrict it's use to later in the game.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:31 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4