> GTA Chinatown Wars out, ..yup
neko_ceko
post Mar 18 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,360
Xfire Identity: nekoceko

I don't know if this is the right place, but why isn't there a "GTA Chinatown Wars Out" on the news board? (Oh and sorry if it's posted already)

Reviews:

5/5 (PERFECT SCORE) - GAMEPRO, EDITORS' CHOICE
"A FANTASTIC ADDITION TO ROCKSTAR'S LEGACY...
...maintains the incredible innovations in both technology and player accessibility that the title's previous installments have supplied... From drug distribution, insurance racketeering to old fashioned car-jacking and street races, everything you know and love about the Grand Theft Auto series is here with some fantastic new contributions and handheld-specific alterations... This is Grand Theft Auto the way you love it: all of the innovation, charm and thrills from its past installations neatly tied together in a creative package worthy of any DS owner."

10/10 (PERFECT SCORE) - EUROGAMER
"This is GTA on a smaller screen, but by no means a smaller scale... massive, diverse playgrounds, teeming with cars, pedestrians, the series' trademark missions and side-games, wonderfully rendered in surprising detail by an engine that ranks among the best on the platform.
...CHINATOWN WARS IS A TRIUMPH,
not just in terms of bringing a difficult game to a new platform intact, but because it actually improves it in the process, and demonstrates a mastery of DS form and function... Overall this is GTA as it first was, with the inherited wisdom of GTA as it's been since, finished off with all sorts of things that would happily belong in a GTA of the future."

9.5 - IGN, EDITORS' CHOICE
"A spectacular DS-exclusive experience that expands on what already makes the GTA series so damn good... one of the deepest and extremely fulfilling chapters in the Grand Theft Auto saga... it's a tremendous game, both in scale and in fun...
CHINATOWN WARS IS EASILY ONE OF THE BEST
NINTENDO DS GAMES ON THE PLATFORM."

A - UGO
"...easily one of the best games on the DS... It's hard to deny the depth and scope that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has achieved. The massive single-player game, impressive 3D graphics, strong multiplayer features, amusing minigames and intriguing story make it
ONE OF THE BEST DS GAMES WE'VE EVER PLAYED."

94/100
(highest rating ever for a third-party game in the magazine's history)
OFFICIAL NINTENDO MAGAZINE
"The DS can now boast a GTA title that's every bit as compelling, impressive and fun to play as its home console cousin. If not more so... You still get the very real sense of being in a living, breathing Liberty City...
THE BEST GAME ON DS SO FAR?
IT'S CERTAINLY A CONTENDER...
The scale and diversty of Liberty City is as impressive as in any other game in the series... a technical marvel."

Sounds pretty good to me. Too bad I don't have/want a DS sad.gif

Oh and Multiplayer and shit on the website is updated.

This post has been edited by neko_ceko: Mar 18 2009, 08:50 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 18 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I don't have a DS, don't want one.

I can only see purchasing this game if you don't own a console.
Achievements

+Quote Post
werewolf23
post Mar 18 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,932

The only people I know who have a DS are kids. And this is a mature game, right? Who do they think is going to buy it then?
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 18 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1490846[/snapback]
The only people I know who have a DS are kids. And this is a mature game, right? Who do they think is going to buy it then?

Parents will buy it for their children who have the DS.

I'm sure your assumption that only children have DS is uninformed and based solely on the children that you pal around with. I'm sure that Rockstar and Nintendo collectively realized the market opportunity for a handheld GTA on a system that has been stereotyped as being only for children. This is one of Nintendo's biggest releases of the year and I doubt that they would release it on a whim to a bunch of kiddies.

I don't own a DS, but I do know a few people over the age of 25 that have the Nintendo DS. Perhaps they have more disposable income than you, or a different choice in games (if you have one).
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 18 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #5

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

This game is actually pretty good. It has a feel similar to GTA III.

A DS is very beneficial on a long car or plane trip. Or the first bathroom trip after a night at the local Mexican restaurant. Chimichangas will be my downfall...

This post has been edited by Massacre: Mar 18 2009, 04:25 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
werewolf23
post Mar 18 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 18 2009, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1490850[/snapback]
QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1490846[/snapback]

Parents will buy it for their children who have the DS.

I'm sure your assumption that only children have DS is uninformed and based solely on the children that you pal around with. I'm sure that Rockstar and Nintendo collectively realized the market opportunity for a handheld GTA on a system that has been stereotyped as being only for children. This is one of Nintendo's biggest releases of the year and I doubt that they would release it on a whim to a bunch of kiddies.

I don't own a DS, but I do know a few people over the age of 25 that have the Nintendo DS. Perhaps they have more disposable income than you, or a different choice in games (if you have one).

Since it's a mature game, parents shouldn't buy it for their children. I know you made comments about this before, as far as GTA being a mature game that underage people shouldn't have. Now you reverse your opinion on this, or what? Or is it just because I wrote something and you're trolling my posts, trying to state the opposite?

I didn't assume that only children have a DS. I said the only people I know who have one are kids. I'd reckon that some adults do have them, but way more kids most likely. Maybe the folks you know, who are over 25 and have a DS, are just immature. Seems like the kind of people you'd pal around with.

The kids I am with? Not that's your business, but they are my own kids, and their friends. Insinuating that it is something other than that ( as you have a couple of times now) is way wrong, rude, and uncalled for. 'Freedom of speech' doesn't mean you have to ALWAYS be an asshole, stoic. Sure you just can't help it though...

Sure, rockstar is trying to get more people to buy a DS, it's part of big business. Same as what they did releasing GTA stuff on PSP. I'd guess that not as many will go for it this time, though.

If I had a DS, I'd probably get this game. Why not? Seems like it could be a good one.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 18 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1490846[/snapback]

I know quite a few 'older' people who own DS'.

My old mans got one, he mainly uses the Allen Carr quit smoking thing, Virtua Tennis and the brain training series. Thats why Nintendo have been killing the market in terms of sales of the Wii and DS. They appeal to all age groups and even non-gamers.

And i know my dads interested in it. Ive got a DS but ive misplaced it from when i was moving out of my house-share back into my mums flat. When i find it though im gonna get it.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 18 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #8

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 12:26 PM) [snapback]1490853[/snapback]
Since it's a mature game, parents shouldn't buy it for their children. I know you made comments about this before, as far as GTA being a mature game that underage people shouldn't have. Now you reverse your opinion on this, or what? Or is it just because I wrote something and you're trolling my posts, trying to state the opposite?

I didn't assume that only children have a DS. I said the only people I know who have one are kids. I'd reckon that some adults do have them, but way more kids most likely. Maybe the folks you know, who are over 25 and have a DS, are just immature. Seems like the kind of people you'd pal around with.

The kids I am with? Not that's your business, but they are my own kids, and their friends. Insinuating that it is something other than that ( as you have a couple of times now) is way wrong, rude, and uncalled for. 'Freedom of speech' doesn't mean you have to ALWAYS be an asshole, stoic. Sure you just can't help it though...

Sure, rockstar is trying to get more people to buy a DS, it's part of big business. Same as what they did releasing GTA stuff on PSP. I'd guess that not as many will go for it this time, though.

If I had a DS, I'd probably get this game. Why not? Seems like it could be a good one.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'll report you to the moderators, then you'll be really sorry.

The comments you're inferring to were in regards to the people who access this site and their being to handle foul language on this site since the game which this site is based on has foul language too, bitch.

I think it's fine for parents to choose which media they expose their kids to. It's no different than allowing kids to watch rated-R movies. It's the parent's responsibility to decide what videogames to purchase for their children.

Besides, if they don't provide violent videogames for their children, they have no excuse for the media after their child shoots up the schoolyard.

I think this game is going to change things for the DS and much like the Wii, it will streamline more Mature games to the DS (and the youth that own them).

I'm not trolling you, don't be so vain. I merely respond to all moronic posts (including your next one). Thanks for helping pass the work day.

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Mar 18 2009, 06:39 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
werewolf23
post Mar 18 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 18 2009, 01:36 PM) [snapback]1490876[/snapback]
QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 12:26 PM) [snapback]1490853[/snapback]

Don't put words in my mouth. I'll report you to the moderators, then you'll be really sorry.

The comments you're inferring to were in regards to the people who access this site and their being to handle foul language on this site since the game which this site is based on has foul language too, bitch.

I think it's fine for parents to choose which media they expose their kids to. It's no different than allowing kids to watch rated-R movies. It's the parent's responsibility to decide what videogames to purchase for their children.

Besides, if they don't provide violent videogames for their children, they have no excuse for the media after their child shoots up the schoolyard.

I think this game is going to change things for the DS and much like the Wii, it will streamline more Mature games to the DS (and the youth that own them).

I'm not trolling you, don't be so vain. I merely respond to all moronic posts (including your next one). Thanks for helping pass the work day.

Yeah, good thing you're not on a 'high horse', or 'trolling', feeling the need to 'respond to all moronic posts'. Guess you'd be the only one able to judge those, right? You say you believe in 'free speech', but not really. Don't be such a hypocrite.

If you worked for me, and were passing the work day doing what you're doing, you'd have been fired long ago.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 18 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #10

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

For the second time today: locked.gif

One of you needs to hunt down and kill the other, that's the only way I see all of this ending...

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 18 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #11

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

why isnt there a GTA CW sub-forum?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 18 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #12

Boss
Group Icon

I am Stoic Person Eater.

I'm just being as hypocritical as you are. You're the one wrecking topics with your parental instincts. I'm wrecking them with my free speech, all over your face and in your kid's cereal. Enjoy. Be sure to mention my abuse of freedom of speech in every post you make.

I get paid quite the sum to reply to your wholesome oats posts. It would probably make you sick. I could go buy you and your kids all a Nintendo DS with a copy of GTA:Chinatown Wars right now if it would shut you the fuck up.

On topic: I dropped by Gamestop for a demo at lunch today and I'm still not convinced that it's worth the purchase of a DS if you don't already own one. But if you DO own one, it's definitely worth picking up.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Mar 18 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

That's enough now Stoic and werewolf.

To be honest I'm quite surprised that CW has managed to maintain fine reviews all over, although there was always that part in my mind that knew that it was Rockstar making the game, therefore it had to be completely awesome anyway.

I'd like to know what they deem as the best DS game though compared to this.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 19 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Zen @ Mar 18 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1490964[/snapback]
That's enough now Stoic and werewolf.

To be honest I'm quite surprised that CW has managed to maintain fine reviews all over, although there was always that part in my mind that knew that it was Rockstar making the game, therefore it had to be completely awesome anyway.

I'd like to know what they deem as the best DS game though compared to this.

They'd probably say something like Legend of Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
hey_blinkin
post Mar 19 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 49,243

I got a copy of this to review and really enjoyed the playthrough. It got a little hard to tell what was going on at some points (screens aren't big enough to capture all of the action it seems). I could see picking this up to play whenever you're away from your console or if you don't have one. It reminds me a lot of the first two GTA's; obviously updated heavily.

As far as it being rated Mature, the language is really the only factor that would make me not give this game to a preteen or teen. The violence isn't very graphic.

If I had to rate it; 9/10 for what it is (a DS game).
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Mar 21 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

This should have been posted on the front page but no one did it, simple as that. Far to late to make a post about it now.

Why is there no sub-forum? Good question, I'd ask it too but theirs quite allot about the board I haven't been particularly happy about, parts have gotten so fucked up lately. Overall its probably only Psy or Duff that can change it.

I'd like to point out anyway, saying only kids have a DS is well uneducated, the larger base is kids (theres more of them after all when the product is so appealing), but you seem to not realize just how many people have a DS, there is a HUGE market for a mature title on the DS. I'd like to call some of you just plain stupid, but you probably base saying that on conflict of interest.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 21 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

I just watched the Gamespot video review and at one point it shows the games map. Which im really impressed by. Its the exact same map as in Grand Theft Auto 4 only Alderney isn't accessible.

Can't wait to get this. It makes me think what they will do next for the PSP!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Mar 22 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,934

This game is better than IV, if you can get over the graphical differences.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 08:16 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4