Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Game's Traffic.
Paul NYC
post Jul 24 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,893

I don't particularly favor the trafficking in this game. If this game were so real-life based, it would have at least a decent set of traffic rules, being that this game IS mostly about vehicles. First of all, i think that there should be more spacing in between stopped cars at a traffic light. If you're ever finding yourself playing for fun and obeying the traffic rules in the game, the driver(s) behind you always tailgate and bump you in the rear, especially those taxi drivers. It's annoying when you're trying to drive like you would in real life lol. Hopefully they'll upgrade the faults in the next GTA. It wouldn't have hurt to add the turn signal for your car. It seems we can't do it when we're in the car but all the other cars do. And has anyone noticed that, oddly enough, some traffic lights signal ongoing traffic when the light is red, and the cars just stand there when it's green? It's very noticeable if you stop doing missions and just focus on these things.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Jul 24 2008, 02:54 AM
Post #2

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

QUOTE(Paul NYC @ Jul 23 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1456134[/snapback]
I don't particularly favor the trafficking in this game. If this game were so real-life based, it would have at least a decent set of traffic rules, being that this game IS mostly about vehicles. First of all, i think that there should be more spacing in between stopped cars at a traffic light. If you're ever finding yourself playing for fun and obeying the traffic rules in the game, the driver(s) behind you always tailgate and bump you in the rear, especially those taxi drivers. It's annoying when you're trying to drive like you would in real life lol. Hopefully they'll upgrade the faults in the next GTA. It wouldn't have hurt to add the turn signal for your car. It seems we can't do it when we're in the car but all the other cars do. And has anyone noticed that, oddly enough, some traffic lights signal ongoing traffic when the light is red, and the cars just stand there when it's green? It's very noticeable if you stop doing missions and just focus on these things.

Have you ever been to New York City? I swear that those tailgating LC taxis drive better then those crazed manics driving cabs in NYC. It's pretty much a solid mass of cars in places like Times Square and the cabs act as if they own the road. If it's a two lane street they'll make it three. If it's three they'll go for four.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Jul 24 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #3

Vandal

Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

I noticed some of the traffic signals were messed up last night in Bohan.

I also agree about the AI drivers, they always switch lanes constantly when you're trying to speed down a freeway, I hate it. Sometimes they don't even fully get into a lane before they swerve back over. It's like they're trying to fake me out.

Blinkers would have been kind of cool, I think. Turn left while signaling right and throw the cops off, haha. I don't know which button you'd use, though. Maybe X or A since it doubles as a handbrake anyway?
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_Niko
post Jul 24 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,407

I noticed it first in San Andreas, there was way too many accidents in that and GTA IV didn't do any better with that. Although the damage is a little better (riding with a front wheel grinding against the pavement, rims sparking and the vehicles not going on fire after just flipping) there are too many crashes. I've been in NYC a ton of times and there are like no crashes compared to this. The traffic pattens are better, but the vehicle spawning still is bad.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fishman Dan
post Jul 24 2008, 04:08 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,961

The game is about sex, drugs, shooting, bashing, and killing. Why would they pay close attention to traffic rules?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Jul 24 2008, 04:35 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 35,460

Why don't you go and buy The Getaway? wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Paul NYC
post Jul 24 2008, 05:39 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,893

Yes i've been to NYC rofl, i live in Brooklyn NY. If i didn't know what it was like here i'd have no resources to make a comparison between the game and what's in real life.
Achievements

+Quote Post
anarchy xyz
post Jul 24 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,821

If you're ever finding yourself playing for fun and obeying the traffic rules in the game

XD.png this sentence doesn't make sense who here uses a game about killing swearing sex and drugs and speedy ass cars to practice there reverse parking? lol anyway i do like the fact that it makes precision driving and things a challenge to do unlike in SA

--------------------

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 25 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1450522[/snapback]
somehow, you came across it while practicing erotic self asphyxiation and searching the internet for leads on the next GTA.

^LOL
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 25 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I use this game as a basis comparison to everything in real life.

When I eat a hamburger IRL, I can't eat a hamburger as fast as Niko does in GTA and that ruined the game for me. I mean, what's up with his digestive track?

[Schwarzenegger] STOP WHINING! [/Schwarzenegger]

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Jul 25 2008, 01:25 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
King Boo
post Jul 26 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,632

QUOTE(Paul NYC @ Jul 24 2008, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1456134[/snapback]
And has anyone noticed that, oddly enough, some traffic lights signal ongoing traffic when the light is red, and the cars just stand there when it's green?

At least you do not get pulled over by the police when you decide to got through a red traffic light. Whenever I see this situation, I overtake the cars at the traffic light, and if one of them is a police car, they just wail the siren a couple of times, but they do not chase me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_Niko
post Jul 26 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,407

QUOTE(King Boo @ Jul 26 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]1456369[/snapback]
QUOTE(Paul NYC @ Jul 24 2008, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1456134[/snapback]
And has anyone noticed that, oddly enough, some traffic lights signal ongoing traffic when the light is red, and the cars just stand there when it's green?

At least you do not get pulled over by the police when you decide to got through a red traffic light. Whenever I see this situation, I overtake the cars at the traffic light, and if one of them is a police car, they just wail the siren a couple of times, but they do not chase me.

They always nail their sirens at intersections to get people moving, I did notice that too. I like using the cop cars to go around it and blast the lights and sirens to get traffic parted on the bridge like Moses did the sea, its a beautiful thing. Not to mention it saves you $5 on the tolls in the beginning.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HeadCrab
post Jul 26 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,426

No matter how illogical traffic patterns may be in SP, they pale in comparison to the idiocy of multiplayer traffic. Seriously, these guys might as well be mentally challenged. They drive backwards for no reason, they drive in circles on roads and run into others for no reason, and they drive in the wrong lane for no reason too. It's horrid.

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, forget it and play GTA.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliph
post Jul 30 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #13

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,605

It was a lot worst back in San Andreas, especially when driving in the interstate from Los Santos to San Fierro. The issue of disappearing bikers was also a cause of too many accidents back then. As much as I would love to agree that GTAIV fixed many of those bugs, they did leave out a lot of unfixed issues as well. I hate the fast lane-switching and I could guarantee not a single idiotic soul in this world, unless drunk or crazy, would switch into a lane that has a car speeding down its track.

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dlight
post Jul 30 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,544

That highway in SA was cool, I used to park a few cars on the road, and then use the camera to get cool action shots of cars crash, bikers getting thrown off etc!

--------------------
All GTA's 100% :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Canadianbacon123
post Jul 31 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,475
XBL Gamertag: Lockdown12345

QUOTE(Caliph @ Jul 30 2008, 07:42 AM) [snapback]1456904[/snapback]
It was a lot worst back in San Andreas, especially when driving in the interstate from Los Santos to San Fierro. The issue of disappearing bikers was also a cause of too many accidents back then. As much as I would love to agree that GTAIV fixed many of those bugs, they did leave out a lot of unfixed issues as well. I hate the fast lane-switching and I could guarantee not a single idiotic soul in this world, unless drunk or crazy, would switch into a lane that has a car speeding down its track.

On the bridges, this is pathetic. They switch lanes for no reason and then some of them after they switch lanes, they cut right back over into the lane they were originally in.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
calimann83
post Aug 4 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,689

Ive never been to New York, but I have been to Chicago. I got to say that it seemed like there were a lot of similarities between GTA drivers and Chicago drivers (particulary the cabs). I saw them ignore stop signs, traffic lights, lanes, other cars. I don't imagine new york to be much better.

I really thought us Californians were bad drivers, we just go really fast.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Aug 4 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #17

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(calimann83 @ Aug 3 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1457488[/snapback]
Ive never been to New York, but I have been to Chicago. I got to say that it seemed like there were a lot of similarities between GTA drivers and Chicago drivers (particulary the cabs). I saw them ignore stop signs, traffic lights, lanes, other cars. I don't imagine new york to be much better.

I really thought us Californians were bad drivers, we just go really fast.

Maybe YOU, but I got my license in San Francisco.
There is much more to pay attention to in the city.

Not everyone drives really fast, in the big city you can't.
Here it is well known to stay out from behind taxis, busses,
and old ladies - they are the worst and definitely most dangerous
California suburbs might be fast but SF, San Jo, LA, and the 619 are not.
I can tell a mile away if it is a native SF person driving, or *someone else*.
Native San Francisco drivers are just more aware. City, hill driving, everything.

LA is more like Liberty City, 5 go on a yellow and 3 on a red.
No one uses turn signals, unless in a 4-way intersection for a left turn
in the last minute, or on the freeway for no reason. (Foreigner)
The 405 is so fucked that the commuters who use side streets,
well that is were the pigs put up the speed traps for the "California Speed Control".

At least we have online traffic school to get out of the once-in-5-years ticket.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Gigi-Sorlience
post Jul 3 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 53,750

See i love this game, but even though it's more realistic then the others it quite rubbish. I would of thought that the makers of the games would now realise that they should be even more realstic. Such as putting window wipers on when it rains, putting seat belts on in the car, have in signal turns, in convertable cars be able to put the roof up and down. You know what i mean [: It would make the game so fun! And also what alot of people have said be able to stop in traffic without cars trying to overtake you! It gets pretty annoying when you just want to be normal for once. And be able to walk into shops like real life and buy stuff. Go knocking on peoples doors. Be able to buy houses that are for sale or cars! Be able to sit on couches, eat out of fridges! All stuff like in real life! It would be so cool! I hope the next game is more like that. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gigi-Sorlience: Jul 3 2009, 09:56 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Jul 4 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #19

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

This topic is almost a year old.

Don't bump old topics.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 06:29 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4