Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/11/faith_hurts.php

GOGO REFUTE IT.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Nov 23 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,279

Too be fair go look at Japan, according to religion that place should be full of murderous sluts, with no morals.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 23 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #3

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Which is the point of the article, really. Although you know, Japan is fucked up.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Nov 23 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #4

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Living in the "Bible Belt" I run across a lot of girls who claim to be pure, living for the Lord. Usually they turn out to be the biggest whores I've ever know. I guess they are following the teachings of Mary Magdalene.

I know that didn't really have much to do with that article, but, just throwing my two cents in there.

I don't believe half the people who worship and believe actually...well, believe or care about it.
They use their title, for instance, Christian, as a fancy hat.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Nov 23 2008, 09:38 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mad Space Ghost
post Nov 25 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 37,989

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 23 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1472516[/snapback]
Living in the "Bible Belt" I run across a lot of girls who claim to be pure, living for the Lord. Usually they turn out to be the biggest whores I've ever know. I guess they are following the teachings of Mary Magdalene.

I know that didn't really have much to do with that article, but, just throwing my two cents in there.

I don't believe half the people who worship and believe actually...well, believe or care about it.

Sadly, this is all too true.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Nov 26 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Daft Punk @ Nov 25 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1472777[/snapback]

Hardly sadly in anyway what so ever.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Nov 26 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #7

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 25 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1472803[/snapback]
QUOTE(Daft Punk @ Nov 25 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1472777[/snapback]

Hardly sadly in anyway what so ever.

If you're one with faith its a sad thing.

I understand you don't, so its understandable that you think its not sad.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mohawk
post Dec 3 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,964

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 23 2008, 12:42 PM) [snapback]1472507[/snapback]
Too be fair go look at Japan, according to religion that place should be full of murderous sluts, with no morals.

It was like that in the beging of the 1900's... True!
Just read a book about Yakuza, and they ran that place. Sluts all over, ilegal games, drugs... Japan was just a piece of shit in the Pacifif, sorry if I offended any Japanese... But it's true, it changed a bit, but I have Japanese friends, and in the country areas, outside the big urban centers like Tokio, Yokohama, Quioto, Osaka, Nagoya... The Yakuza still has a lot of influence, like in Sicily with the Mafia... For you that don't know, Yakuza is the Japanese word for Mafia, Gang, Mob... you name it

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Dec 3 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #9

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mohawk @ Dec 3 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1473697[/snapback]

Just read a book about Yakuza, and they ran that place. Sluts all over, ilegal games, drugs... Japan was just a piece of shit in the Pacifif, sorry if I offended any Japanese... But it's true, it changed a bit, but I have Japanese friends, and in the country areas, outside the big urban centers like Tokio, Yokohama, Quioto, Osaka, Nagoya... The Yakuza still has a lot of influence, like in Sicily with the Mafia... For you that don't know, Yakuza is the Japanese word for Mafia, Gang, Mob... you name it
I have a feeling that whatever I say here will have absolutely no effect.

Japan is not full of murderous sluts with no morals, because of lack of religion.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mohawk
post Dec 3 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,964

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Dec 3 2008, 08:12 AM) [snapback]1473705[/snapback]

Japan is not full of murderous sluts with no morals, because of lack of religion.

That's not what I meant... Nothing to do with religion... i just tried to show how Japan really is... that's all...
I mean, Japan has a lot of exploration from its real bad leaders over the history, and they just got done with the medieval era after the whole world was done with it for centuries...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Dec 3 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #11

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mohawk @ Dec 3 2008, 07:23 PM) [snapback]1473757[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Dec 3 2008, 08:12 AM) [snapback]1473705[/snapback]

That's not what I meant... Nothing to do with religion... i just tried to show how Japan really is... that's all...
I mean, Japan has a lot of exploration from its real bad leaders over the history, and they just got done with the medieval era after the whole world was done with it for centuries...
I know, and I'm saying you're talking about something that's absolutely nothing at all to do with the topic, and should stop it. You picked up a sentence, ignored its implication, and started talking about a book you like read and stuff.

I thought that was implied rather obviously.

This post has been edited by Amarillo Suave: Dec 3 2008, 09:47 PM

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Feb 28 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Mohawk @ Dec 3 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]1473697[/snapback]
The Yakuza still has a lot of influence, like in Sicily with the Mafia...

Yes, exactly like in the majorly Catholic island of Sicily...

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Mar 4 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #13

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

lol. What garbage.

Why can't people come up with good arguments.. that guy sounds like an asshat. Its cool to make the argument that religion is bad ain't it. And what better way to do that by saying America has religion, and America is bad, Religion is bad. BRILLIANT. There a few more variables that i think your "homey" is missing.

What a pathetic response. its no wonder Atheists have a tough time getting an respect or getting anyone to listen to their point of view. They have assholes running around coming up with stupid arguments about how the religious are the ones who are unenlightened and about how we should take "under god" out of the allegiance. Why would an atheist care about the phrase... the only people who hear about raving about athiesm are shitty ass attention whores that make the entire group look like dipshits. And this guy is prime example.

This is the type of guy that religious networks bring on to debate religion. An idiot...

Lastly, religion is a tool used to control people.

A gun is a tool used to control people. Is the gun bad because it has killed people before? Is the gun good because it has been used as a deterant against crime? I reckon you could answer yes to both questions, but really what you should ask yourself is who's yielding the tool.

If you don't like the gun analogy, try government... its the same idea...

Abstinence would be a good thing for society if people actually believed and feared that a god would punish them for eternity if they had sex out of marriage... but when the guy preaching abstinence is the same guy molesting your brother, well, its a hard argument to make.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Mar 4 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #14

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Yeah, the guy's a sarcastic douche, but his point is no less valid for being arrogantly made.

The basic point it, religion does not confer morals and lead to a better society per se. I think it's quite hard to refute.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:40 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4