Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 9 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Well me and some friends we're discussing this topic. If they do decide to legalize it, do you think It will be the same?

E.g. Will the government put a bunch of shit in it and turn it into a new cigarette? would they ban sales of it only to retailers? and if it is do you think they might jack up the price? Or would they simply leave things as the way they are?

Discuss.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marneyo Juano
post Apr 9 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,285

It would surely be commerced, all kinds of quality and sorts will be produced by different companies, I don't think private growing will be disallowed, but it will surely be under heavy control...and I don't think that it would be turned into cigarettes, just sold in bags by weight. Prices can rise due to taxes of all sorts..

--------------------
WhEe[/color][color="#ff0000"]SeIzUrE
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 9 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Holy fuck... I just had a bad idea. Like those Lays bags that seem full but are just mostly air... scary. They could make the bags opaque instead of clear. It would be slightly hard to tell--I'm overreacting. Because it's not going to happen soon. And when it does it'll be like Prohibition, it will be illegalized again.

Dunno. I don't know what I'm talking about when I claim to know if it will happen. Surprise me.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 9 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #4

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

In what way will it be like prohibition, wat.

TBH half the reason I like it is because it's illegal. Petty rebellion is fun.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 9 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #5

Get off my Planet

So you smoke to be cool?

If yes I hate you.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 9 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 9 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1494899[/snapback]
So you smoke to be cool?

If yes I hate you.
No, but at the same time, it's cool.

SORRY FOR NOT BEING HARDCORE MAN.

Having ideals like something like this is dumb and pointless. It's illegal and selfish, and I can smoke it for whatever illegal and selfish reasons I want.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Apr 9 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #7

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 9 2009, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1494897[/snapback]

I have to agree.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 9 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Get off my Planet

Well since you don't smoke to be cool I don't hate you...

Anyway, lets be on topic. I'm lost by Punxtrs reply. If they do ruin it, I'm sure people will still have ways to get it like they used to. I just pray they won't (probably won't) crack down on private growing.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Apr 9 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Agreed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 10 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #10

Goon
Group Icon

The gov't will renege the decision, go back to illegal status. Now you ask how this is related to Prohibition. Of course. Prohibition was legal, illegal, then legal again--and weed in my scenario the other way around--but it was simply the concept. Unpopular politics and uninformed peoples will possibly see that weed be legalized, but then at another point illegalized again. The country seems quite divided on it. And by divided I mean ignorant people vs. educated people (and potheads too, I guess).

And even if weed was legal, I would still only smoke it in my house. I bet if everyone did, there would be less complaint about it. It may possibly work out. But this won't be the case.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 10 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #11

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Smartest two people I know wouldn't touch the stuff or have it legal. That's an awfully big brush you're holding.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 10 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #12

Goon
Group Icon

Yeah, brush got kind of heavy. Like I've said before, I don't know anything for sure... I'm simply typing out thoughts.

But just to jab back, two smart people do not represent the majority of intelligent people on this planet. They each individually represent themselves, unless they are liaisons for some country or corporation and my ad hoc hypothesis is incorrect due to said technicality.

Continue smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 10 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #13

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Hey, I'm just saying, it was your generalisation in the first place. I'd say the 5-20% intelligence bracket is almost entirely made up of people who would smoke pot or at least not mind if others did, though.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 10 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #14

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I certainly don't see legalisation of the stuff any time soon, especially as it's gone back to being a Class B drug.(In the UK anyway)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 11 2009, 02:53 AM
Post #15

Goon
Group Icon

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 10 2009, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1495072[/snapback]
Hey, I'm just saying, it was your generalization in the first place. I'd say the 5-20% intelligence bracket is almost entirely made up of people who would smoke pot or at least not mind if others did, though.

Not fair. I corrected your spelling rolleyes.gif angry.gif

I'm glad you do partially concede my generalization, though. Does this mean you don't mind pot, economically?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 11 2009, 03:25 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 38,184

The government will probably put some silly 90% tax on it. Which is dumb; why should the government get so much of my weed money, they won't be inceasing the quality of weed like the sellers? Legalize it and treat it like a normal product. 10% GST with safety regulations.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Apr 11 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #17

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 10 2009, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1495060[/snapback]
Smartest two people I know wouldn't touch the stuff or have it legal. That's an awfully big brush you're holding.

Good to know me and Stoic are the smartest persons you know, but I know I do smoke on occasion.

This post has been edited by Der Metzgermeister: Apr 11 2009, 03:47 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 11 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #18

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(punxtr @ Apr 11 2009, 03:53 AM) [snapback]1495088[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 10 2009, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1495072[/snapback]
Hey, I'm just saying, it was your generalisation in the first place. I'd say the 5-20% intelligence bracket is almost entirely made up of people who would smoke pot or at least not mind if others did, though.

Not fair. I corrected your spelling :rolleyes: angry.gif

I'm glad you do partially concede my generalisation, though. Does this mean you don't mind pot, economically?
I corrected it back.

The only argument I can think of that holds any merit, against legalising weed, is precautions against driving and handling heavy machinery while high. I know it's not the same as being drunk, but the last person I has this discussion with has a prosthetic leg now, fill in the gaps yousrself...

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 11 2009, 04:25 AM) [snapback]1495095[/snapback]
The government will probably put some silly 90% tax on it. Which is dumb; why should the government get so much of my weed money, they won't be inceasing the quality of weed like the sellers? Legalize it and treat it like a normal product. 10% GST with safety regulations.
In fairness, it could cost a lot to regulate it properly. At the moment, a lot of stupid kids with paranoia problems so minor they're undetectable get half a 20 bag of grass and roll it up unmixed every few days with no regard to fluctuation in quality (ie THC content). This makes for the biggest (true) argument against legalising it, and if left unregulated would fast make the strongest argument for criminalising it again. I wouldn't mind paying taxes on it. I've seen a proof that showed it would still be cheaper than it is now if it was taxed 100%, and the farmers were given a fair deal. It's the dealers that make a huge profit.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 11 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #19

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I don't smoke it myself (makes me ill) but if it were available commercially there would be a constant supply.
I sometimes hear people moaning they can't get any because there's a 'drought on'.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Apr 11 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #20

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Im pretty sure that it would be illegal to be a private grower without certain licenses and stuff.
Achievements

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 07:41 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4