> Input not supported, when i run gta for first time
Flip
post Dec 2 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 44,512

I installed GTA IV.
Now, when I want to start it, the screen goes black and the text Input Not Supported shows up...

I have a Radeon X1950 pro with 2 DVI connectors, and for one an dvi-vga adaptor, cause my screen only has a vga cable.
I have a 17' tft screen.

i hope someone can help!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CygnusX
post Dec 2 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,344

QUOTE(Flip @ Dec 2 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1473563[/snapback]
I installed GTA IV.
Now, when I want to start it, the screen goes black and the text Input Not Supported shows up...

I have a Radeon X1950 pro with 2 DVI connectors, and for one an dvi-vga adaptor, cause my screen only has a vga cable.
I have a 17' tft screen.

i hope someone can help!

Can you post your full system specifications?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tuor80
post Dec 7 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 44,791

I was able to install GTA 4 and everything worked....but after a while i tought, that i could change the resolution settings to improve the performance a little bit!
When I changed the resolution, my PC chrashed......and now, when i start GTA 4 there is always "input not supported" - but i hear the sound - so the game works.....only without a screen sad.gif

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but the "input not supported" problem remains - what can I do??

My system:
E 6420 @ 2,13 GHz
2 GB RAM
Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB
Achievements

+Quote Post
Thrifty94
post Dec 8 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,753

QUOTE(Tuor80 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:38 PM) [snapback]1474319[/snapback]
I was able to install GTA 4 and everything worked....but after a while i tought, that i could change the resolution settings to improve the performance a little bit!
When I changed the resolution, my PC chrashed......and now, when i start GTA 4 there is always "input not supported" - but i hear the sound - so the game works.....only without a screen sad.gif

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but the "input not supported" problem remains - what can I do??

My system:
E 6420 @ 2,13 GHz
2 GB RAM
Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB

This is strange, a somewhat good and maybe profitable excercise, would be to email rockstar with your problem and tell them things like you'll never buy an R* game again etc etc, I did thos and they sent me GTA IV gift set. So they didnt help me, just sent me more R* merchandise that i could sell on ebay to buy a better GFX card. XD.png true story
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mightymice
post Dec 26 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 45,857

QUOTE(Flip @ Dec 2 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1473563[/snapback]
I installed GTA IV.

I have a 17' tft screen.

i hope someone can help!

I have the exact same problem, and i have same graphic card as you. I have tried almost everything - Reinstalling the game, reinstalling drivers for everything, updated drivers and whatever else that is possible to do.

I just formatted my computer and i had windows vista before where it worked, very laggy but it worked. So i decided to go back to XP, and now it simply doesn't work. i click play and then the window opens, but with a black screen with a gray window saying: Input not supported. And with the sounds as well.

Btw.

My hardware is
1gb RAM
Radeon X1950 pro
3ghz dual core processor

I know, my RAM does not meet requirements completely, but i worked on Vista which requires even more of my hardware, so i don't see why it does't work.

This post has been edited by Mightymice: Dec 26 2008, 06:16 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mightymice
post Dec 27 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 45,857

I found out whats wrong, or atleast what was wrong for me. I have a VGA input screen, so i tried to change my screen out with a digital, and it worked. Good luck to who ever else has this problem smile.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
qwerttzzur
post Aug 19 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 55,702

QUOTE(Flip @ Dec 2 2008, 08:21 AM) [snapback]1473563[/snapback]
I installed GTA IV.

I have a 17' tft screen.

i hope someone can help!

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\*Your username*\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings
2. Delete all three files
3. Play =)
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:15 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4