Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Oct 9 2009, 09:40 AM) *
Its' almost impossible to get stuff to land right when you take it? Any tips?

What do you mean?

Impossible to get stuff to land, right when you take it?

If you mean get stuff from the ship to the Earth, you can stash it. [But you can't go home at first]

I used the toolbox in the ship's Engineering Core for everything.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GLC
post Oct 9 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #183

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 9 2009, 07:16 PM) *
When does the PS3 get Point Lookout?

We got it yesterday, same time as Zeta.

This post has been edited by GLC: Oct 9 2009, 06:58 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 9 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #184

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 9 2009, 02:21 PM) *

hey synch, that's a fucking brilliant idea!! i'm gonna stash some gear in the engineering core so i don't have to drop all of these extra weapons... i probably dropped about 10 guns already... i forgot that the core and bridge were open after zeta is done...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 9 2009, 06:59 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 9 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #185

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Thanks to Bones for the Stoic Fallout Logo.

Here's some caps and stimpaks for your troubles.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 9 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #186

now i'm off to moriarty's... he loves my caps... and so does nova...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 9 2009, 09:08 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 9 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #187

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I shot Nova in the face with a teddy bear and she blew up.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 10 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #188

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 9 2009, 06:51 AM) *
Also - don't forget your Buttercup toys, you should be able to two of them. tongue.gif

I can't remember where all I found them, but I ended up with three somehow...

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 9 2009, 02:57 PM) *

hey synch, that's a fucking brilliant idea!! i'm gonna stash some gear in the engineering core so i don't have to drop all of these extra weapons... i probably dropped about 10 guns already... i forgot that the core and bridge were open after zeta is done...

Yes. For the love of science, put everything in the Engineering Core. Don't make the same mistake I did.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 10 2009, 04:59 AM
Post #189

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 9 2009, 11:57 AM) *

Basics, my man. I always go local. Can't lose, on any platform.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 9 2009, 08:13 PM) *
QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 9 2009, 06:51 AM) *
Also - don't forget your Buttercup toys, you should be able to two of them. tongue.gif

I can't remember where all I found them, but I ended up with three somehow...

Dude you rule. You exploited the system more than I did. There is only supposed to be one toy. notworthy.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 10 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #190

uhh, i found three too... one in the research lab, and two in the engineering core... i thought i was only gonna have one until i starting scavenging through the rubble in the engineering core biggrin.gif...

yup, beat mothership zeta last night... and i'm having a hard time here... do i rank it better than the pitt? i don't know, maybe it's right behind the pitt... whatever the case, i really enjoyed zeta... i thought this was gonna be another O:A where i could run through this and beat it in a few hours... bullshit!! each and every location inside the ship is MASSIVE!!! not to mention, you don't see the normal switches and containers you see in the wasteland, which makes it more important to really take your time and look around each location... and i still missed a bunch of shit... i missed all of the unique alien weapons too... my god, i was literally right there and totally missed the room that housed the unique destabilizer... sometimes, it turns into a bit of a puzzle/adventure game as well... especially in the death ray hub and bridge... i didn't know what i was dong at first in either location... i was just pushing buttons, seeing what would work laugh.gif...

but, that was what made this expansion so awesome!! it was like learning how to play fallout again biggrin.gif... everything was foreign... i managed to make it out of there with like a hundred epoxy's... that's a pretty cool item, i can finally use my blaster and gauss rifle without the repercussions of them deteriorating... i have about 500 alien power cells, and there's still locations in the wasteland that have them too i haven't been to but, i can finally use the blaster with confidence biggrin.gif... but, in due time... i'm taking the atomizer to point lookout initially because of how many shots i can get off in VATS, and how powerful the shots actually are for a pistol...

bubba from the ozarks, here i come laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 10 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #191

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 10 2009, 08:41 AM) *
but, that was what made this expansion so awesome!! it was like learning how to play fallout again biggrin.gif... everything was foreign... i managed to make it out of there with like a hundred epoxy's... that's a pretty cool item, i can finally use my blaster and gauss rifle without the repercussions of them deteriorating... i have about 500 alien power cells, and there's still locations in the wasteland that have them too i haven't been to but, i can finally use the blaster with confidence biggrin.gif... but, in due time... i'm taking the atomizer to point lookout initially because of how many shots i can get off in VATS, and how powerful the shots actually are for a pistol...

bubba from the ozarks, here i come laugh.gif...

They are actually, much tougher than bubba from the ozarks.
Chinese Stealth Armor helps.

By the way, we all have hundreds of alien epoxy, but Haley
in the Haley's Hardware can get up to 100% repair for all weapons.

I didn't realize the Winterized Power Armor could be damaged,
but Haley repaired that and all my rare weapons including alien blaster.

I got all 300 or so rounds from Mothership Zeta but now you should
have over 500 rounds of alien ammo including the ones from Earth.
That's cool for me on the PC file because I got the Firelance on that one.

Also when you go to Point Lookout, there are a lot of hidden side quests.

I camped out at the Homestead Hotel room 1.G and now that I am done,
the only time I go back is for moonshine, the ingredients are stashed at the
room, and also I go to Haley for the repair items.

You can reverse pick pocket Haley and get his repair suit but I just go
to him because you get your money back, by selling Point Lookout stuff.

Also my other camp out / hang out is Kenny's cave.
You can either speech him or find Kenny Bear down in the Herzog Mine's
Black Damp Shaft er whatever, full of Swamplurks but TONS of food there (egg clutch)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 10 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #192

nah synch, i'm not taking the stealth armor on my good file... i didn't bring it with me on mothership zeta, even though i really could of used it at times... my wanderer's leather armor got destroyed twice in zeta laugh.gif... i went through a lot of stimpacks on that ship, and i suspect the same thing will happen in point lookout... i just want the full experience, that's all... if i bring the stealth armor, i'll be cheating myself out of half the fun, which is being surrounded by swamp creatures... i also read that the big ones sneak up on you... lol, i can't wait to see that happen biggrin.gif...

but, i'm bringing my stealth armor to zeta and point lookout with my evil character so i can move through the locations with much more ease... with the evil guy, i'm just wanting to finish these quests the evil way as fast as possible (while collecting the unique's of course) so i can start my new file biggrin.gif... i suspect i'll be starting my new file in about a week...

i'm thinking of keeping a diary of my adventures on my new file as well... not sure where, i might just create a blog somewhere so i can keep it saved on the net... if i do keep a diary, i'll let you guys know where to find it biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 10 2009, 04:09 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 11 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #193

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 10 2009, 11:52 AM) *
I didn't realize the Winterized Power Armor could be damaged,
but Haley repaired that and all my rare weapons including alien blaster.

Fallout Wiki says that the 360 version has the near-invincible (1 mil hp) simulation version switched with the 200hp real-world version. I don't know if they've fixed it on the PC version, but regardless, it'll eventually take damage.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 10 2009, 12:06 PM) *
nah synch, i'm not taking the stealth armor on my good file... i didn't bring it with me on mothership zeta, even though i really could of used it at times... my wanderer's leather armor got destroyed twice in zeta laugh.gif ... i went through a lot of stimpacks on that ship, and i suspect the same thing will happen in point lookout... i just want the full experience, that's all... if i bring the stealth armor, i'll be cheating myself out of half the fun, which is being surrounded by swamp creatures... i also read that the big ones sneak up on you... lol, i can't wait to see that happen biggrin.gif ...

Okay, then, I won't warn you about a thing. I want you to piss yourself like I almost did.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Oct 11 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #194

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I still don't have this game, but I was thinking about buying it. Should I?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 11 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #195

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

For fuck sake, buy this fucking game! Shit.

Get the game of the year version, it'll save you fifty bucks. I don't know if the GOTY version is out yet, but it's worth the wait if not.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Oct 11 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #196

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Well I'm running a hole in my pocket, so I'll have to wait a bit anyway.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 11 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #197

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Then steal it. Dress up like a Raider first, though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 11 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #198

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 10 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Okay, then, I won't warn you about a thing. I want you to piss yourself like I almost did.

yes, for fuck's sake don't!!! this is the only expansion that i've avoided reading much... i kinda spoiled myself with the others, except for zeta... i knew most of zeta but, i didn't know everything... the only thing i know about point lookout is the enemies, unique weapons and armor, the setting/some locations, moonshine, the jar of $%#@#%, and that's it... i know nothing more... i think the #$%^$% is a bit of a spoiler but, not enough to tell me the whole story biggrin.gif... just a portion...

didn't play it today but, my "NFL" football team doesn't play tomorrow, they have a bye... so, i bought NBA live 08 for $10 (originally went there for turok for $10) but, i'll have that and fallout to play... kind of a lazy sunday... saturday was plenty enough to warrant a lazy sunday laugh.gif...

@ PSFanboy.... my god, two new people interested in fallout, around the time GOTY edition comes out... good timing, marney and you... both of you need to buy it, it's absolutely worth the money... 2008 game of year, man... millions of people can't be wrong, including us biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 11 2009, 06:35 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Oct 11 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #199

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

should i wait to complete the game before i buy expansion packs?

Also, how integrated are the expansion packs to the regulary fallout map? Are they on the edges? (just add on to the current map) or do you "jump" to them, or are they completely seperate like in GTA 4?

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 11 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #200

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Oct 10 2009, 07:37 PM) *
I still don't have this game, but I was thinking about buying it. Should I?

Yes.

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Oct 11 2009, 06:57 AM) *
should i wait to complete the game before i buy expansion packs?

Also, how integrated are the expansion packs to the regulary fallout map? Are they on the edges? (just add on to the current map) or do you "jump" to them, or are they completely seperate like in GTA 4?

Don't complete the game, but do as much of the side quests as possible.

Remember, without Broken Steel, the game is over when it ends, and
you would have to have a near-completed game save right before that ending.
[To continue playing]

What many of us did was wait until downloading Broken Steel before doing the final mission.
Then it kicks in, two weeks later.

That is pretty accurate about expansions being on the map edges, except they also use
existing un-used interiors. Operation: Anchorage actually takes up an un-used space
near the Red Racer Factory, and Mothership Zeta starts at the old alien crash site.
Parts of Broken Steel use un-used areas of Old Olney. Basically the map doesn't change
much and after the DLC's there are subtle changes in the existing areas. It's pretty
seemless, and they did a really great job of mixing them into the regular waste land map.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 01:37 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4