Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Immigrants
LoonaTyk1
post Oct 21 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #21

Do Boy

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,364

maybe if you're going to live there but not just to visit . i don't expect every tourist who visits america to learn english first . now as far as coming here to work , learn english .

--------------------
LoonaTyk1
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Oct 21 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #22

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

The problem with getting foreigners to learn the language is they'll be taught by someone who speaks a standard, clear pronunciation of that language, not taking into account dialects. I'm sure they'd have trouble understanding Marney. wink.gif I tend to speak with my Essex accent if i'm taking to mates, but put some effort into removing it when talking to strangers.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 21 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #23

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

whenever i'm giving directions to foreigners i use simple words (and a lot of hand gestures).

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Oct 21 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #24

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 21 2009, 08:02 PM) *
The problem with getting foreigners to learn the language is they'll be taught by someone who speaks a standard, clear pronunciation of that language, not taking into account dialects. I'm sure they'd have trouble understanding Marney. wink.gif I tend to speak with my Essex accent if i'm taking to mates, but put some effort into removing it when talking to strangers.

I dont understand marney. I tend to nod and pretend to listen when northerners talk to me.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Oct 22 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #25

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

So hey how about them Nicks?

Article's a bit rubbish, but it's the first news result about the show. Man got ripped to shreds, says a lot about his closed-door immigration policies. It was pretty hilarious when he tried to conflate completely unrelated ideas and got stomped by Dimbleby. And when Jack Straw laid down the law. And whenever Bonnie Greer said anything.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Oct 25 2009, 03:19 AM
Post #26

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Oct 23 2009, 10:58 AM) *
So hey how about them Nicks?

Article's a bit rubbish, but it's the first news result about the show. Man got ripped to shreds, says a lot about his closed-door immigration policies. It was pretty hilarious when he tried to conflate completely unrelated ideas and got stomped by Dimbleby. And when Jack Straw laid down the law. And whenever Bonnie Greer said anything.

The whole lynch mob attitude of the crowd and panel was kind of ironic...

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Oct 25 2009, 03:19 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 26 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #27

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Oct 21 2009, 07:02 PM) *

De do do but don'y de do la, wadja mean ay?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Oct 27 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #28

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

On reflection, that was a propaganda coup for the Nazis.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Oct 28 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #29

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,717

I think it's stupid how people think that people have to "accept other cultures", nobody is forcing anyone to accept shit. You can live a normal life without "accepting other cultures" whatever that even means.

I just find it weird that people think that immigrants come in and then force others to accept their cultures. I think most people get confused between the words tolerate and acceptance, now who's the idiot foreigner who can't speak or understand English, eh?

Although I do admit that it's annoying when immigrants come and then act like idiots. Generally speaking nearly every where you go you're not ever going to get First gen immigrants who will completely integrate.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 28 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #30

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Well ofcourse they act like idiots because they are in a new place. I wouldn't expect a foriegner to jump right into a new place without any adjustment period.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Jan 17 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #31

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

OPX -

The US has no standard of language for a reason. And as it stands, we're the only nation to do so. Further, do as I do and learn the language of thine enemy; it will aide you when the nuclear storm comes. I assure you brother, it says in the good book. Read Micah 7:13 and you shall know!

Passionate Homo -

I'll say this: You sound like a douche. Not a flame, but really. A fucking douche. How petty and small minded are you, exactly? Here's a standing bet; I'll give you a hundred dollars (American, you foreign bastard) when you graduate for every foreigner who graduates with you that remains in your country to start practicing medicine. You show me one single slanty eyed wop with a turban fetish who starts up El Sheik De Rotti Canis' Pharmaceticila Company and I'll show you a green dog.

anomalous -

You're an idiot. The reason countries like America have succeeded and continue to do so is because they make the small minority feel repressed and thus work harder for a brighter future. Well, except for the niggers. But then, we've handed them everything since we dragged them from the bush, now haven't we.

KK, or CC, or whatever the hell you call yourself:

Learn to spell before you sit at the grownup table.

punxtr:

Sounds like every other left wing menstruating heart shit head on the block. Oh, those bean eaters never took my job so that means I never worked a construction job because mommy and daddy paid for me to go to Brown. Look at me, I'm so leftist because I know that while the niggers may be cold in their slums, I feel safe from my lofty perch! You cunt.

Lelouch:

Yes they do.

Darth Sexy:

Now that I have the recipe for curry, is there any reason for them to stay?

Leon Kennedy: (stupid fucking game, off topic)

Has a really valid point here. Try it out next time your at Uni (snicker). When you see those black kids with their African club sign, thrown one up that says "Whites Club" and see how well it goes over. You'll be surprised to see what real diversity looks like then. Like the inside of a festering worm ridden vagina I gather.

Mek:

Total fucking irony out of you, Paki. You're brown so you're allowed to accept whatever level of tolerance you want. Well, isn't that shit after all? Oh good, the funny little brown people can decide for themselves wether or not their culture will be tolerated on an individual basis. Don't act so high and mighty when it's you we're talking about here. It's not you that's the problem, it's your mentality that is. And I don't care how many generations off the boat you are, it never fucking changes.

This post has been edited by Heartless: Jan 17 2010, 10:44 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Jan 17 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #32

Leece

In the paper today some twat was complaining that Australia is a racist country and then goes on to tell his story about how his Asian restaurant is so successful in - wait for it - Australia. If we were racist we wouldn't go to an Asian restaurant.

Yes, it's fine for him to generalise that ALL white Australians are racist because of one incident that happened to him nine years ago, but if I did that to any minority rolleyes.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Spoiler
post Jan 20 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #33

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,196

i read somewhere that there are indians being murdered in Australia and they are creating a protest.
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Jan 21 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #34

Leece

QUOTE (SPOILER @ Jan 21 2010, 02:30 AM) *
i read somewhere that there are indians being murdered in Australia and they are creating a protest.

No, there was one Indian who got set on fire, and is still under police investigation but they said it is a real possibility that he either set himself on fire or the perpetrators might not have even been White. I don't know where they got the idea from considering it was at night and dark and there were no witnesses...

Even so, does that make all Anglo-Australians racist? Just because of the actions of a few? Isn't that generalising? rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Jan 21 2010, 02:45 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Spoiler
post Jan 21 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #35

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,196

everybody is racist in a little way. we Asians are racist too. these Indians ARE racist because they bring the whole issue down to race without even finding out what really happens.

considering that whites used to enslave the world, it is now everybody is crying "racist" whenever they are not happy with a white person in general. if a black guy call another black "Nigga", it's not racist. but if a white guy called it, u be damned to hell.

No, it doesn't make Anglo-Australians racist. Those who always bring any issue down to race are racists.
Achievements

+Quote Post
P-nut
post Jan 25 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,200

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 20 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Unless you can pass a basic english language test you shouldn't be allowed into the UK.
I would accept it as reasonable if somewhere like Germany (for example) told people not to bother visiting unless you could speak basic german. I think this is the least any foreigner to a country could do to at least show some respect.

wow, that would effectively kill the tourism-industry in any place that would pass that law

but anyways, yes I do feel that if you decide to stay in a country for a while you should at least try to learn its' language, but really, sometimes its not even neccesary. I worked for 4 months in greece as a beachboy for a watersport company, managed perfectly using dutch, english, french and italian. not greek. why? all my customers were tourists. same goes for alot of people here in amsterdam - the guys working in coffeeshops (read, 'hasjbars', we call em coffeeshops) especially. most of their clientele are (mostly british) tourists so anyone speaking only english can do that job. even tho I'm dutch, I speak dutch and applied for a job here in holland, I wouldnt have gotten the job if I wouldnt know how to speak english. the company I work for survives because of tourists who cannot speak dutch. tourists who wouldnt have been allowed to enter my country would we have this stupid policy.

now, in the broader perspective of immigration, people tend to forget their own history. australia? would have been full of aboriginals if it werent for a bunch of europeans looking for a better future. same goes for the states. why blame people who are looking to improve their life for bringing a bit of their culture? then blame your great-great-grandfather for bringing yours.

hey, we're all a bunch of africans in the end

--------------------
I jerk off inside books, and give life to words
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jan 25 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #37

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

QUOTE (Heartless @ Jan 17 2010, 05:43 AM) *
punxtr:

Sounds like every other left wing menstruating heart shit head on the block. Oh, those bean eaters never took my job so that means I never worked a construction job because mommy and daddy paid for me to go to Brown. Look at me, I'm so leftist because I know that while the niggers may be cold in their slums, I feel safe from my lofty perch! You cunt.

Just shut the fuck up now you fucking dick. I've paid for almost everything in my possession since I got my first job at 15. You're so fucked up it's strange, we used to get along well.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 25 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #38

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Most people on here got along okay before we were old enough to care about politics and all the other shit that's wrong with the world. Me not giving a flying fuck about anything at all keeps me on good terms with all of you. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Jan 26 2010, 07:31 AM
Post #39

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE (punxtr @ Jan 25 2010, 02:04 PM) *
punxtr:

Just shut the fuck up now you fucking dick. I've paid for almost everything in my possession since I got my first job at 15. You're so fucked up it's strange, we used to get along well.

I loled. Hard.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jan 26 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #40

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

QUOTE (Heartless @ Jan 26 2010, 02:31 AM) *
QUOTE (punxtr @ Jan 25 2010, 02:04 PM) *
punxtr:

I loled. Hard.

Get off the internet, bigot, and realize your only home is here. Enjoy your pathetic haven.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 10:26 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4