Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insert Original Disc?
keith925
post Jul 15 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 54,184

Well iv had the game for years. Decided I wanted to bring it back so I installed it everything went fine but when I run it, it says please insert original disc. Thing is, is that it is the original disc and there arnt many scratches on the bottom. Any help?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 15 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(keith925 @ Jul 15 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1512961[/snapback]
Well iv had the game for years. Decided I wanted to bring it back so I installed it everything went fine but when I run it, it says please insert original disc. Thing is, is that it is the original disc and there arnt many scratches on the bottom. Any help?

So it is scratched?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Jul 16 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #3

Snitch

Group: Validating
Member No.: 24,529

If you have more than one DVD drive and are attempting to play from a drive other than the one the original install was made from, that could be the problem.

If you can feel a scratch with your fingernail then the disc may need attention.
If you can feel the scratch... get a DVD Doctor (also known as CD-Doctor) and grind the disc according to the instructions, 95% effective if instructions are followed (I used to be in the Video Rental Business).

Could also be as simple as a dust, or a greasy fingerprint. Carefully wipe the disc from HUB to Outer EDGE. Never in circular motion.

Also, is the disc flat. Has it been subjected to heat and/or left lying flat with a (even) light weight on it. If so you will have to replace it.

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 10:18 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4