Hardcore Ottoman
post May 27 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #41

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Ah. I'll see where this goes. Hopefully not for the worse. I just hope insurers don't create a loyalty oath that compells their clients to submit to a disclosure of their genetic information unless the insurer will consider them "irresponsible and devious" and deny them insurance.

Get what I mean?

Edit--Whoa, I meant insurers don't create...

This post has been edited by Leng Tch'e: Jun 2 2008, 02:49 PM

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Jun 2 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #42

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE(Leng Tch @ May 27 2008, 10:31 AM) [snapback]1442080[/snapback]
Ah. I'll see where this goes. Hopefully not for the worse. I just hope insurers create a loyalty oath that compells their clients to submit to a disclosure of their genetic information unless the insurer will consider them "irresponsible and devious" and deny them insurance.

Get what I mean?

As I work for an insurance company (medical insurance), I have to put another 2 cents in here.

Insurance companies don't consider people as "irresponsible and devious" when they attempt to defraud the insurance company. Defraud, you might ask? By intentionally or unintentionally withholding information about their past or current medical history for the purposes of either obtaining insurance or securing a better rate for the coverage they have selected. They simply consider those individuals to be attempting to defraud the company, and appropriate measures are taken to account for this when this type of activity is found.

With that said, it goes to note that the application for insurance has a disclaimer that the prospective member has to read and sign that states, basically, "The information presented within this application is, to the best of my knowledge, 100% complete and accurate as of the date this application is signed. If any of the information presented herein is found to be false, or any information has been found to be withheld, either intentionally or unintentionally, the insurance company may, at their discretion, take any applicable measures to adjust the coverage provided to the signer of this application, or any of the signer's dependents (if applicable), up to and including termination/recission of the provided coverage." Or something along those lines. Essentially, this statement on the application already provides for what you stated above - a "loyalty oath". The person attempting to receive coverage already, at the time the app is signed, is agreeing that the information they have provided is correct and accurate.

It must also be stated that insurance companies are highly regulated, and one of the federal regulations in the states indicates that insurance companies may not accept or decline coverage based on the submission of a blood or dna sample. Which means that this bill cannot compel an insurance company to require a DNA or blood sample for the purposes of applying for coverage as the bill would be in violation of multiple sections of the Medicare laws. So I don't believe that this bill will have any impact on insurance companies in the US.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 2 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #43

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Well, in that case, I'll see if that federal safeguard changes for the worst... and does allow insurance companies to require DNA/blood samples. Because that is all that is preventing such discrimination.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:04 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4