Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S.L.O.W., 5 times slower on 5 times faster computr
SeeJay
post Jul 5 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,995

I can't understand it. The same old 2002 engine with very minor improvements, sure, city is larger and there are some more details on the street, but c'mon, I played Vice City on Ti4200 videocard and it was butter smooth, now I've got 6800 (A2400+1Gig RAM) and can't squeeze a decent framerate off it no matter what I do. All settings are lowest, and it still delivers appalling performance. This is beyond my understanding. wallbash_red.gif
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bill McCullough
post Jul 5 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,702

I know what you mean. I was playing San Andreas originally on a 5900xt 128mb with everything on very high and 3x AA and I was getting smooth performance. As soon as I upgraded to a 6600 (non gt) 256mb it has been s-l-o-w even though Rockstar recommend the 6*** series cards. There must be an issue with the 6*** cards because other people have been complaining about the same poor performance.

Achievements

+Quote Post
SeeJay
post Jul 5 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,995

It's not only Geforce 6xxx issue, it looks like the game doesn't tolerate m/b integrated audio (mine is AC'97, with last drivers). I picked an external soundcard from my studio (pro audio card) and the game seems to run better now, although still pretty slow.
Achievements

+Quote Post
pepperspray
post Jul 6 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,574

not to spoil your fun SeeJay.. but the game runs very smooth on my 6800gt. all in-game settings maxed and i get 40-50fps @1280x1024x32. must be a driver problem on your end, as i was having similar issues at first, but after driver upgrade and couple of reboots later game runs great now.

try the 77.50 as they've worked for me for the past 2 weeks..

Achievements

+Quote Post
trep316
post Jul 6 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,224

Think the game has some Video as well as some Audio issues. When I first played the game, everytime I enter inside a house, the game just crashes, infact my whole computer crashes. Later I found out that it was an audio problem in dxdiag.exe, all along I thought it was a videocard issue and even thought of buying a new one.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
tostrhed
post Jul 6 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,154

QUOTE(Bill McCullough @ Jul 5 2005, 09:57 AM)
I know what you mean. I was playing San Andreas originally on a 5900xt 128mb with everything on very high and 3x AA and I was getting smooth performance. As soon as I upgraded to a 6600 (non gt) 256mb it has been s-l-o-w even though Rockstar recommend the 6*** series cards. There must be an issue with the 6*** cards because other people have been complaining about the same poor performance.
[right][snapback]728423[/snapback][/right]

i was having alot of stuttering problems, till i did a unified driver update for my nforce mother board, now the game is working great, no problems at all. im using the integrated audio onboard...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Netherways
post Jul 6 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 3,545

Works fine on my 6600GT, If you upgrade your drivers make sure you totally uninstall the old ones (Only ever uninstall drivers from safemode) and get rid of the orphan files (there are free tools out there to do this)

I've seen it work badly on a 5700FX until all orphan files were removed.

Give it a go!

Alex
Achievements

+Quote Post
MASTERJUNOJET
post Jul 6 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,162

I am also having this problem, my computer far surpasses the recomended specs, yet gta sa still runs bad on the lowest settings. Seejay, i also have AC'97 audio hardware/software, does this really effect the game?

BTW i found some brand new nvidia drivers, version 80.40, they helped me a little bit.

Download them here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1116

scroll to bottom and choose a mirror that best suits you

This post has been edited by MASTERJUNOJET: Jul 6 2005, 05:08 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 11:47 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4