> Playstation internet prob
Bain
post Dec 28 2009, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Rat
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 9,884

Ok, so I live somewhere other than my parents home and I have internet there which I use to play online all the time. Now, that I came home I plug in the ethernet cord for PS to the internet and for some reason I cant sign on, it cant even find an IP address. I want to play online with my friends but I dont know what to do.

I figured maybe I have it synced to my shit back where I live. I thought about resetting the settings but I dont want to reset my PS id so I dont lose my progress in games.

Can anyone help?

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Dec 28 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #2

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

Maybe try resetting your PS to factory settings? Then just go to Network Settings and start over. I don't think this would affect your game progress. I can't remember how to do it, something about holding down the power button for a bit (just search it). Not sure if this would work but worth a try.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 28 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #3

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Should be able to just set up the internet connection again without resetting the whole PS3. Network Settings > Internet Setup something like that. Won't effect your onine trophies and such.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Dec 28 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #4

Rat
Group Icon

I think I would have to do what Obsene is saying I know I already tried setting up the internet connection and it always times out. I know exactly what you guys are suggesting to do. I may try that. I just pretty much dont want to lose my Call of Duty progress.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 28 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Copy all your game data onto a USB flash drive then.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 28 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #6

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 28 2009, 12:43 PM) *
Copy all your game data onto a USB flash drive then.

do this... you always want to backup your save files when you start tinkering with the settings and system... even my old ass small 512MB flash drive is big enough to store all my game saves on...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Dec 29 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #7

Rat
Group Icon

I backed up reset and it still doesnt work. It cannot find an IP address for some reason. Is it possible I can only play on the internet hooked up in my room because its different?

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 29 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #8

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

what kind of set-up do you have at your parent's house?

if it can't find an IP, it might be the router, or the lack of one. Are you just plugging it into the modem?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Dec 29 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #9

Rat
Group Icon

Yeah since I dont have a router a guy from the geek squad said I would have to unplug the modem from the computer, plug it into my playstation, reset the box and then I can find an IP. Im going to try that in a bit.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Dec 29 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #10

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

QUOTE (Bain @ Dec 30 2009, 08:17 AM) *
Yeah since I dont have a router a guy from the geek squad said I would have to unplug the modem from the computer, plug it into my playstation, reset the box and then I can find an IP. Im going to try that in a bit.

That's what I thought you were already doing. Yeah unplugging it from your computer and directly into your PS3 *should* work.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 30 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #11

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Dec 29 2009, 05:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Bain @ Dec 30 2009, 08:17 AM) *

That's what I thought you were already doing. Yeah unplugging it from your computer and directly into your PS3 *should* work.

sometimes you have to unplug the modem too, to get a new IP address. I read it on the PS forum ... so basically what the Geek Squad guy said.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Dec 30 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #12

Rat
Group Icon

Yeah I unlugged it and reset it and it worked. Then I do the same to plug it back in to the computer.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 08:54 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4