IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you REALLY expect from GTA(next)?, discussion on the facts not fiction.
DuPz0r
post Jul 2 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I know it's a bit of a pointless post, but i was just thinking about what they would realisticly do for the next GTA and thought about all the obvious facts... We could stumble across something. I thought it would be good to start a thread with which we can discus the facts about GTA and how R* have evolved their most prestige title.

First off, the only cities they have really done are LC, VC, SA and London (but i think London was a one off tbh as none of the titles since have had real city names) There was also speculation as to Manhunt's city Carser city a while back for GTA SA and IV. This was mainly due to the Manhunt and GTA worlds being linked.

Next point. GTA is generally a game designed for the western audience, i.e. English speaking nations. So i think this would mean there is little chance of GTA being set in a foreign speaking country as the English, NA and Australian are mostly lazy and can't be bothered to fluently learn another language unlike the rest of the world.

Liberty City has been done four times now, so really don't expect the next GTA to be LC that's for sure. The odds are that Vice City is the next one, but this might not happen. San Andreas Broke records at the time, for largest Sandbox. They could make a new SA, but why would they miss out Vice City... anything's possible.

The Next protagonist could be ANYONE... Every character so far has been completely different. White, Italian American, Black, Asian, Eastern European.

Since London, every GTA has been set in the USA. This means the odds would be that the next GTA will be in the US too... But that's only speculation.

Hmm, that's all i can think of for now, i think i got all the obvious facts out the way. But if you have any decent facts that could help build a picture of the next GTA, then go ahead and post it. Do you remember any of the characters talking of any other cities, other than the ones we know and have played?

So a recap quickly - This thread is basically a topic on the things we know about the past GTA's that could help us figure out a possibility for the next GTA. No GTA rumours, unless it was something actually in a game by R*.

Lets see how this goes then... lol

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Jul 4 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #2

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

i think just like the III era they'll take IV, take it to another city and build upon the current specs. Ie cars, guns, map size. cant really say much towards time era or anything else but thats what r* are like

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 4 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

R* are well aware that GTA veterans would like to see Vice City 2. Most people would probably agree that the feel good factor VC gave the player needs to return but also include the best elements of the other games from the series; San Andreas turf wars.................man this is really hard to write what I mean but I expect R* to roll the best of the rest into one so we can still experience the best bits from all the other GTA's plus something new. That make sense?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 4 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #4

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Here's something, if they do actually go with Vice City again, we'll already know what city/state to expect for the game after that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jul 4 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

but would they actually go back to SA after that? If too many expect it, they might go somewhere else.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 4 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #6

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I just seems like, if they really go back to Vice City, they're not too keen on brand-new cities. For a current-gen San Andreas, though, I wouldn't complain. I mean, we're all going to buy the game either way.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 4 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #7

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I can see the next game having a couple of DLC packs. By then it'll be late 2012 and R* will probably have started working on a new engine to replace RAGE.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 5 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

It would obviously make sense for R* North to make VC then SA again, just because of the sheer amount of research they've done, and photography they must have stacked up of each city would be re-used for the texturing... Just makes sense to me, as to make a new city, they'll have to go out and find a new city to photograph and use as a template.

My other thoughts would be... there is that possibility they could choose to do individual games of Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Ventures. Smaller game but more dense cities. They have themselves a set line up of 4 more GTA games on current platforms, which works out well from a business point of view. hmm... I think i'd enjoy to see them do that actually.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jul 5 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #9

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well, I'm not expecting too much. AFAIK forced installs are still not allowed on the 360.

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jul 4 2010, 09:37 PM) *
I can see the next game having a couple of DLC packs. By then it'll be late 2012 and R* will probably have started working on a new engine to replace RAGE.

They won't replace RAGE, at least not in a couple of years. It's still very new and is already very powerful. Maybe in 2020 they'll look at something new, but there's no need to replace it in a couple of years.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 5 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Still Standing
Group Icon

A few tweeks in the engine coding and they'll be able to make the next GTA look better graphically and play at a smoother frame rate. No need to scrap RAGE just yet. I'd love to see SA remade in RAGE tbh, even if it was a similar layout.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 6 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #11

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 5 2010, 11:41 AM) *
My other thoughts would be... there is that possibility they could choose to do individual games of Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Ventures. Smaller game but more dense cities. They have themselves a set line up of 4 more GTA games on current platforms, which works out well from a business point of view. hmm... I think i'd enjoy to see them do that actually.

It would be good to see the cities with different characters. Each city has such a different feel to it, one character isn't made for all three cities.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 5 2010, 05:34 PM) *
A few tweeks in the engine coding and they'll be able to make the next GTA look better graphically and play at a smoother frame rate. No need to scrap RAGE just yet. I'd love to see SA remade in RAGE tbh, even if it was a similar layout.

I'd like R* to have some other branch of the R* family do an exact remake of San Andreas with RAGE, and leave R* North to work on the new game.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 6 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #12

Still Standing
Group Icon

I'd like R* to have some other branch of the R* family do an exact remake of San Andreas with RAGE, and leave R* North to work on the new game.

That would be awesome. I think they could do wonders with Mt Chilliad, and the woodland area! Las Ventures would look amazing with all its neon lights.

I think if they were to remake SA, they would change the structure a little. Looking back at SA now, the cities do seem very compact with the exception of Los Santos which was pretty big. But the were still very spread out, and not as dense as GTA IV's Liberty City.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 6 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #13

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

would it feel the same but if they set vice city in another era, i mean vice city and the 80's just go, with the style, the music and everything. im not keen on being in vice city in the 90's or any other era.

theres nothing stopping them from making SA next then vice after that just to mix it up abit. but if you think about it, they will need to use new citys eventually, talking ps4 here, how many incarnations of the same city would people want to play in. there basicly going to all look the same. i cant think of anything to inprove the gta iv city.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 7 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #14

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jul 6 2010, 11:09 PM) *
how many incarnations of the same city would people want to play in. there basicly going to all look the same. i cant think of anything to inprove the gta iv city.

Yeah, that's a good point, but you're talking way too far into the future. I doubt they will make another Liberty City after this one. They spent so long on IV i doubt they'll do it again in the future, but i could be wrong obviously. I'm talking about the near future, the next couple of GTA's on PS3 and 360 whilst they're still using RAGE.

Now the RAGE engine is fully functional, they could pump out the next GTA in around two years. It's just a matter of choice now on their part.

They did a gritty TL&D DLC, and a vibrant BoGT DLC. Maybe this is just a little hint on the direction they're taking. BoGT showed a promising amount of tweaks and upgrades to GTA that will surely be re-used in the next carnation.

Personally, i would prefer they skipped Vice City and went straight to San Andreas. There is so much more they could do with it. As you mentioned Jamie, i can't see Vice city not being set in the 80's. And i sure as hell can't see many other awesome new things they can do with the 80's that we haven't already seen tbh.

San Andreas has so much verity that it could be set in the present or near future and still have that feel good GTA scene.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 7 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #15

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Don't mean to make this look like a "What do you want for GTA next" post but I expect more watersports like water skiing as side missions.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 7 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #16

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cecil Bumfluff @ Jul 7 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Don't mean to make this look like a "What do you want for GTA next" post but I expect more watersports like water skiing as side missions.

Well that is not really a fantasy 'want'. It was in Vice City Stories, so it's possible that they could have it in the next game. Even more so if it is a Vice city instalment.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 7 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #17

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

what could they do with SA that they havnt done before, play as another gangster, i have no ideas what i want for the next gta tbh, but i just want it to have more replay value than gta iv. lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jul 8 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #18

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Assuming for a moment they do VC and SA... All the reasons you want them to SA first, are why they'd make VC first...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Jul 8 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #19

Guests

Vice City is the most probable setting, but I'd expect more side attractions/distractions, SA style. R* HAVE to go that way, mix epicness of GTA IV's LC outlook with complexity of SA experience, all that in (I dunno why but still) most GTA players' favorite setting.

Protagonist? After Italian Mafia, Black, Asian, Easter European, White American and Latin American...there's time for an Arab immigrant! Yusuf in TBOGT was a proof this can be done.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 8 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #20

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I and others have said it before, but they only redid Liberty City again in IV to really get an accurate portrayal of NYC, because the version in III wasn't very true to life. I'm not sure how close VC was to Miami (Stoic, Punxtr?), so maybe they will do it again, at the moment i'm not even thinking about it. But when the announcement comes i'll forget pretty much everything else and fap over every bit of information released.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:45 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4