Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Loud PS3 Fan, help please!!!
FrankCastle
post Aug 13 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,440

That may not be your best option because it might end up adding more noise to your setup. More fans usually means more noise. Although, you can go to a local retailer and buy one. If it doesn't work out you could return it.

The PS3 can get a little loud but you make it sound as if it is much louder than it should be. Is it an abnormally annoying sound or does it sound like the fan is moving at a faster pace?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Aug 14 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #22

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE(FrankCastle @ Aug 14 2009, 12:51 AM) [snapback]1517920[/snapback]
That may not be your best option because it might end up adding more noise to your setup. More fans usually means more noise. Although, you can go to a local retailer and buy one. If it doesn't work out you could return it.

The PS3 can get a little loud but you make it sound as if it is much louder than it should be. Is it an abnormally annoying sound or does it sound like the fan is moving at a faster pace?

it sounds like a hoover/vacuum and its unbelievable. i cant hear anything on a game when it does it

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Aug 14 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #23

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(El-Nino @ Aug 14 2009, 02:36 PM) [snapback]1517978[/snapback]
QUOTE(FrankCastle @ Aug 14 2009, 12:51 AM) [snapback]1517920[/snapback]

it sounds like a hoover/vacuum and its unbelievable. i cant hear anything on a game when it does it

Have you tried using a hoover on it?
If you have any pets, especially cats, it could be clogged up.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Aug 14 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #24

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

I'm truly blessed to still have my PS3 working. Bought it on second day of release, not a problem since. Left it on overnight multiple times when downloading, pulling all nighters, falling asleep during a movie, etc.. You watch it go and die now.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FrankCastle
post Aug 15 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

ok nino let me lay out the options for you:

Scenario 1- Your PS3 starts up ok but over time gets louder then it's more likely a cooling problem.

Solution 1 - You can try to add aftermarket fans like you suggested. Like I said, if it doesn't help you can return it to your retailer. Just make sure you buy from a retailer with a good return policy.

Solution 2 - If you're in warranty call SONY and see if they're tech support can help you.

Solution 3 - If you are out of warranty and comfortable with dissecting the PS3, then crack it open and clean it up properly. Also, reapply good thermal paste to help keep temperatures down. There are plenty of videos on youtube that shows how to take apart and reassemble the PS3. In fact, I found one that shows me how to fix mine smile.gif

Scenario 2 - If your PS3 is constantly loud from the second you turn it on to the moment you shut it down, then you may have a bad fan bearing.

Solution 1 - If still in warranty call SONY and explain it to them. See if they will fix it for you. The down side to this is that you have to send in your PS3 and you will lose anything on the hard drive. Back up everything!

Solution 2- If out of warranty, buy replacement fan on ebay and reapply some good thermal paste. Again, refer to youtube for instructions.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Aug 15 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #26

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

Does it void warranty to pull the HD out?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Aug 15 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #27

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

It voids the warranty if the sticker is removed from the underside (or left side depending what way you have it standing).
Achievements

+Quote Post
FrankCastle
post Aug 16 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Effy Fetish @ Aug 15 2009, 07:03 PM) [snapback]1518181[/snapback]
Does it void warranty to pull the HD out?

Removing the hard drive does not void the warranty.

Check out SONY's website they explain how to upgrade your HDD. If you look at the third bullet under NOTES "Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD."
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 10:26 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4