IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muckin Around, What do you do to pass the time?
Fishman Dan
post Jul 7 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,961

I was still pretty new to the game, but was showing a mate what can be done in Liberty City when you didn't want to follow the storyline. At the time I had one thing in mind - steal a boat.

I managed to do it..... eventually. The sequence of events went something like this......

It's all starts with jacking a car..... then on the horizon we spotted the airport. We bee-lined it to the airport, where I was keen to flog a chopper. I cruised around waiting for security to spot me, funnily enough it took quite some time. Of course as soon as you're spotted, it's instant 4-stars and the chase is on.

I was cruising around randomly when at the intersection of the 2 runways I spot the security building. Parked in a car spot there is a superbike. Of course in showing off all of the elements of the game to my mate, I decided to play on the bike - after all there are 2-mile+ long runways to scoot around on!

I hopped on, made for one runway, rounded the corner and booted it. I pop a wheelie (my current record is 1200 feet!) - all the while there are cop-cars, hummers and SWAT vehicles flying around you, while choppers buzz overhead. Then the end of the runway comes into focus - I hit the deflectors and launch into the air - by this time we're cacking ourselves. I had no idea, but there's a pontoon in the water covered in boxes. On the first attempt I missed in my a matter of metres to the left!

When the waves wash you up, you can grab the edge and climb onto the pontoon. The chopper is still overhead, and now a POLICE BOAT has started circling. If you crouch down, the police chopper can't hit you! Take aim and snipe the shooter from the chopper - shoot the guy twice and he'll fall into the water, the chopper turns around - nail the other shooter twice and the chopper leaves!

So now to get to the police boat. If you leave the police boat alone, he circles the pontoon once, then launches himself onto the shore near the airport, near where the SWAT team is amassing. Don't worry, they can't hit you. If you miss the boat, jump into the water and watch the radar - more boats are attracted when you hit the water. When one gets close, shoot the driver, and the boat is yours! Take that boat through the water-ways of Liberty City and you'll lose any pursuers, and you'll escape the cops - in no time.

I found (and completed) my first stunt jump.......... (and so an addiction was born).

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 7 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(Fishman Dan @ Jul 7 2008, 07:39 AM) [snapback]1453163[/snapback]
I was still pretty new to the game, but was showing a mate what can be done in Liberty City when you didn't want to follow the storyline. At the time I had one thing in mind - steal a boat.

I managed to do it..... eventually. The sequence of events went something like this......

It's all starts with jacking a car..... then on the horizon we spotted the airport. We bee-lined it to the airport, where I was keen to flog a chopper. I cruised around waiting for security to spot me, funnily enough it took quite some time. Of course as soon as you're spotted, it's instant 4-stars and the chase is on.

I was cruising around randomly when at the intersection of the 2 runways I spot the security building. Parked in a car spot there is a superbike. Of course in showing off all of the elements of the game to my mate, I decided to play on the bike - after all there are 2-mile+ long runways to scoot around on!

I hopped on, made for one runway, rounded the corner and booted it. I pop a wheelie (my current record is 1200 feet!) - all the while there are cop-cars, hummers and SWAT vehicles flying around you, while choppers buzz overhead. Then the end of the runway comes into focus - I hit the deflectors and launch into the air - by this time we're cacking ourselves. I had no idea, but there's a pontoon in the water covered in boxes. On the first attempt I missed in my a matter of metres to the left!

When the waves wash you up, you can grab the edge and climb onto the pontoon. The chopper is still overhead, and now a POLICE BOAT has started circling. If you crouch down, the police chopper can't hit you! Take aim and snipe the shooter from the chopper - shoot the guy twice and he'll fall into the water, the chopper turns around - nail the other shooter twice and the chopper leaves!

So now to get to the police boat. If you leave the police boat alone, he circles the pontoon once, then launches himself onto the shore near the airport, near where the SWAT team is amassing. Don't worry, they can't hit you. If you miss the boat, jump into the water and watch the radar - more boats are attracted when you hit the water. When one gets close, shoot the driver, and the boat is yours! Take that boat through the water-ways of Liberty City and you'll lose any pursuers, and you'll escape the cops - in no time.

I found (and completed) my first stunt jump.......... (and so an addiction was born).

LOL
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Jul 7 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #3

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

QUOTE(Fishman Dan @ Jul 7 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1453163[/snapback]

lol ^

i like get a stopwatch and go to TW@ and go on www.littlelacysurprisepagent.com (giving you 5 stars) then i start the stopwatch and see'd how long i could survive.me and my friends took turns to see who could last longest without dying.
Achievements

+Quote Post
buttfreak
post Jul 7 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 41,652

QUOTE(G~L~C @ Jul 7 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1453200[/snapback]
QUOTE(Fishman Dan @ Jul 7 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1453163[/snapback]

That sounds gay.

lol ^

i like get a stopwatch and go to TW@ and go on www.littlelacysurprisepagent.com (giving you 5 stars) then i start the stopwatch and see'd how long i could survive.me and my friends took turns to see who could last longest without dying.

That sounds gay.

This post has been edited by buttfreak: Jul 7 2008, 07:49 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 7 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(buttfreak @ Jul 7 2008, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1453262[/snapback]
That sounds gay.

Achievements

+Quote Post
firebird999
post Jul 8 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,846

i go rock crawling at the beach, i crash cars, and i fly around, landing on cars and boats. one time i hit another chopper which fell onto three hobos. good times.

--------------------
i stealed a cookie
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_Niko
post Jul 8 2008, 05:50 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,407

When I first heard about that, I thought it was hysterical, great way to get your hands on an F.I.B. Buffalo too wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Jul 10 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #8

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

another thing i like to do is in multiplayer,join free mode games until i get into a game at the airport then get a heli.if its a big game there will be two or three people just driving up and down.it's annoying for them but fun for me to fly down and knock them so they either flip over or just fly across the airport.at the same time i like to come down and send all the little noobs who treat free mode like deathmatch into the sky

edit:nice to see buttfreak's banned

This post has been edited by G~L~C: Jul 11 2008, 01:53 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post Jul 14 2008, 03:59 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,882

To pass my time, i usually just get behind a wall and blindfire rockets everywhere.
Or stand on a car cook a grenade and drop it and watch niko fly, or stand on a car and aim at the roof with a rocket and shoot, then watch niko fly that way.

Right now i'm doing the missions again, but taking my time thru them this time...

I also like to ride an mbk full speed and hit cars head on.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Jul 15 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

QUOTE(BioSphere @ Jul 13 2008, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1454511[/snapback]
stand on a car and aim at the roof with a rocket and shoot, then watch niko fly

Crap...I did that the other day. I stole the Annihlator chopper and landed on top of the museum in Middle Park and proceeded to go on a rampage. I started with the sniper rifle, just sniping random pedestrians at my leisure (2 stars). Then I moved onto the AK-47...and shooting cops (4 stars). At 5 stars I was at the edge of the building crouched down sniping at cop cars as they pulled up to the scene of my bloodbath. Started firing RPGs at the cop cars and the police choppers that were now above me. Then NOOSE came on the scene. I crouched down and crept to the edge of the building. Got a lock on the target and...FIRED!!! The damn rocket hit the edge of the building right where I was freaking crouching angry.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fishman Dan
post Jul 15 2008, 06:54 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,961

I was at the northern most tip of Bohan last night, on the beachside abandoned docks, sniping boat pilots as they cruised past. To my annoyance, if I killed them by the time I jumped in the water to swim out to the boat, it disappeared!

I ended up having to out run the cops on foot, stopping to shoot a pidgeon en route.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ulster_Niko
post Jul 15 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,823

I like to play the role of a random criminal, shooting people with a pistol and tearing of down an alleyway with a cop in pursuit.

--------------------
You'll Never Walk Alone

Liverpool FC
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 17 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

A new activity i've discovered, if you go to Asparagus Street in Broker (Location marked) there's a section of road without barriers overlooking the docks area, I find it quite fun to walk into people and push them off the edge, the cops won't come after you as you're not hitting them. You can also make roadblocks so drivers become pissed off and drive over the edge trying to swerve round the other cars, or punch their cars so they reverse away at high speeds, usually over the side of the ledge. It also led me to another discovery, sometimes ped cars will explode on impact with the ground after a long drop, I think they have to fall at a certain angle though. Fun nonetheless.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
XxRoccoxX
post Jul 17 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,124

Well to pass the time I usually attempt to drop on to a moving vehicle after jumping from an anihillator(sp?)...

...so far unsuccessful...

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:15 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4