DuPz0r
post Jul 3 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I haven't seen anything about this really, but i was randomly on the rockstar games website and noticed it was being released in winter 2009. I loved the first Max Payne alot when it was first released, but i wasn't as impressed with number 2. This one looks really differnt though, and i'm not sure if i should be impressed with it, or have they changed it too much?!

Will R* do with this, what they seem to be doing to every game recently, and making them GTA sandbox clones...?

So, what is you veiw on this game from what you see here?

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 3 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i like how he looks... he looks like one of those redneck beer drinkers... he even has a bit of a beer gut laugh.gif... he looks a bit psychotic too... but, i get this feeling that the combat will resemble GTAIV's combat blueprint (without the lock-on i'm sure)... and max payne was always linear (i think) so, i expect this one to stick a bit to a path... maybe giving you the freedom to maneuver in a set-piece but, still moving you through the story in a linear fashion... but, lots of enemies, lots of painkillers, and the original "first" bullet-time ability...

like you, i played and beat the 1st one... but, i never finished the second one... and i no longer remember much about max payne anymore... just that his family was brutally murdered and his sense of revenge... i'm completely in the dark about max payne these days... don't remember much and i'd hope that the new game doesn't force you to of played the first two to know what's going on since that was like 10 years ago it seems...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 3 2009, 07:29 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jul 3 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Max really let himself go...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 3 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Max looks like a bald D-O

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 3 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #5

he kinda reminds me of an ex-wrestler named bill goldberg laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 3 2009, 08:49 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 3 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #6

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

That's pretty much a spot-on observation, bOnEs.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jul 3 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #7

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

http://www.gossipgamers.com/wp-content/upl...yne-494x590.jpg

Pfft. Anyone bald with a scruff "looks liEk Goldberg."

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 3 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #8

he does look similar though... even the face...

but man, he looks like shit on that game informer magazine laugh.gif... i can tell he's gonna be one of those, "i got nothing to live for" badasses who don't give a fuck...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jul 4 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #9

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Ive looked at this topic like 3 or 4 times. Every time, all I can think is...Sam Fisher.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Jul 4 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #10

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

it looks pretty good, but it looks very different... it seems more like a new IP than a sequel.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
selpy
post Jul 8 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 372

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 3 2009, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1510997[/snapback]
he does look similar though... even the face...

but man, he looks like shit on that game informer magazine :lol:... i can tell he's gonna be one of those, "i got nothing to live for" badasses who don't give a fuck...

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Jul 3 2009, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1511032[/snapback]
it looks pretty good, but it looks very different... it seems more like a new IP than a sequel.

The GI article says "Max hits rock bottom in Sao Paulo (Brazil), a city he moved to in order to escape from the demons of his life in New York. Through some somewhat disreputable connections, he's taken work in the "private security" sector for one of Sao Paulo wealthiest families. While on the job he is drawn into the dark underworld of SP and become involved in a series of events that could cost him the last thing he has left: his life."

Remedy did the first two games for PC, which were awesome. Rockstar was involved since the beginning but only did the PS2 ports. I loved MP, but unlike some of you, I really enjoyed MP2 as well. This shit is, undeniably, is going to be different. I mean, Rockstar is fully taking over here. They have the rights and the story and are making the third (and final?) act in the MP series, but even they admit that apart from the name, you probably wouldn't know it was Max Payne anymore because they have changed his character model so much. But then again, it HAS been, what, close to a decade since the first game was released? So living through all he lived through in the first two games and adding about 12 years of canonical time, you're gonna see a different man.

I have hopes for this title. Maybe not high hopes, but hopes nonetheless. Either way, it can't be any worse than the movie.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 8 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #12

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So it is still Max you play as... They should have made him look like him at least.. Even if he did put loads of weight on and hit rock bottom, i doubt he'd turn into that grizzly red neck/Russian lookin mother, we see up there.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
selpy
post Jul 9 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 372

Word. Maybe they would have had to pay the original character model/actor (it seemed they modeled him after someone IMO)?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jul 9 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #14

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,214

I enjoyed MP and MP2. Storyline in MP2 was suspect, but the game play was a lot better. This doesn't look promising. I mean, he doesn't even look like Max Payne any more.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 07:28 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4