Post #121

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 1 2009, 01:35 PM) *
The Perforator and Infiltrator are in fact, epic weapons.

Still man, think about the Chinese Stealth Armor though.
In that suit, the Perforator and Infiltrator are even more epic.
For stealth, that is, being they are silenced weapons.

Not so much for major damage, you now have a Tesla Cannon
for that. Also the Pitt can really be a long haul with the 100 ingots,
which is how you get one of those weapons. So I have to just
throw out there to think about Operation:Anchorage first.

It goes pretty quick unless you want the very cool achievement
and perk for collecting all the intel, which I highly recommend.

yea, that's why i thought about operation anchorage first because it's a linear simluation that can probably be beaten in a couple of hours... but, i can always go back to the pitt and finish collecting the ignots... i know i won't get them all in my first through but, once i beat the pitt's main quest line, i'll probably jump right into O:A... the chinese sleath armor would be kickass to have for the pitt but, i am only bringing 41 lbs. of equipment to the pitt (not including the 5 aqua pura's i'm bringing)... i don't have any good armor with me, just red's jumpsuit... the bulk of the weight comes from the weapons i brought with me... so, i'm gonna have to manage the equipment i find in the pitt and keep in mind that i still have 41 lbs. waiting for me in a locker laugh.gif...

O:A offers up some nice unique items but, i am more excited about the pitt's weapons and armor biggrin.gif... if i was starting these DLC's with my evil file, i might go for O:A first... but, i'm using my female messiah and want to see her roaming around in a skimpy tattered slave outfit biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 1 2009, 06:00 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Oct 2 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #122

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6,214

I found the stealth armour was very useful in The Pitt, particularly early on.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 2 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #123

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (Darth_Sexy @ Oct 2 2009, 05:30 AM) *
I found the stealth armour was very useful in The Pitt, particularly early on.

You mean before they take everything?

Stealth armor is ALWAYS useful. You're fucking invisible!
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 2 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #124

wow, after beating the pitt, i could of surely used the stealth armor once i got my items back... if i didn't have the grim reapers sprint perk, i might of had a really hard time with the onslaught of trogs and raiders... although, i think the auto ax would of made quick work of the surrounding trogs... i stopped using it once i got all my items back for some reason... and damn i spent about an hour micro-managing my inventory laugh.gif... i ended up with 5 fully repaired pitt raider armors and a couple helmets, ashur's power armor, gamma shield and the metal blaster armor, infiltrators, auto axes, and various other unique items... found about 50 ignots too...

but, I LOVE THE PITT!! i think it's far better than broken steel... the environment, the story, the items, the people, the hole, the trogs... i liked every single second of the pitt... the visuals in the mill were AMAZING!! if this is what's in store for me with the other expansions then, broken steel might end up being the 5th best in my opinion... the only cool thing i can take away from broken steel is 10 additional levels to gain... the story felt all too familiar whereas, the pitt was one of those unique situations, kinda like oasis... there's a thin line between evil and good here, and i can totally see the arguments for both sides... and i liked the survivalist feel you got when they stripped you of all your items and you kinda started rebuilding a new inventory as you went through the pitt... it gave it a much more personal feeling... i found myself using slop as a stimpack replacement when i didn't have access to my full inventory... i got like 15 of those from the cafeteria lady laugh.gif...

i'm just glad we got broken steel first... it's allowing me to gain experience points through the add-ons... it's definitely getting harder to level up as now i've gone through two add-ons and i'm only at level 25 laugh.gif...

sidenote: i've noticed significant lag with the expansions so far... seems like the frame-rate drops a little when your exploring these new environments... broken steel froze up on me a few times and the pitt froze up once...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 2 2009, 03:34 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Oct 2 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #125

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I bought the Pitt today! just got in the map... I'll buy O:A next week!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 2 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #126

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I started O:A yesterday. Played quite a bit of it, actually. I don't remember where I left off as I was mega-high. Hell, I could have beaten it.

Anyway, I just think it's visually stunning. Magnificent!

Gameplay is awesome. It bums me out that you can't search the enemies you kill. Also don't like the ammo/health machines. Reminds me too much of Nazi Zombies. I'd prefer if there was ammo and health(stimpacks) hidden around the place so I can get it that way. It's pretty impossible to die since there are so many of these things. Whatever, though. It's still a great add-on so far.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 2 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #127

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Oct 2 2009, 03:25 PM) *
It bums me out that you can't search the enemies you kill.

I remember that, it was a weird feeling.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 2 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #128

yea, i'm playing operation anchorage either tonight, or sometime this weekend... but, i don't think it will even come close to the awesomeness that is, "the pitt" biggrin.gif... i fucking loved the pitt, it might end up being my favorite expansion... i mean i still haven't played O:A, lookout or zeta yet but, the pitt was a great experience... and it fell right into the fallout universe... the others are gonna have to be something pretty special to pass the pitt in my books biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 2 2009, 11:26 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 3 2009, 04:37 AM
Post #129

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 2 2009, 07:22 PM) *
yea, i'm playing operation anchorage either tonight, or sometime this weekend... but, i don't think it will even come close to the awesomeness that is, "the pitt" biggrin.gif ... i fucking loved the pitt, it might end up being my favorite expansion... i mean i still haven't played O:A, lookout or zeta yet but, the pitt was a great experience... and it fell right into the fallout universe... the others are gonna have to be something pretty special to pass the pitt in my books biggrin.gif ...

Oh, wow... You don't even know what's coming... Point Lookout, man, holy shit.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 3 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #130

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 2 2009, 09:37 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 2 2009, 07:22 PM) *
yea, i'm playing operation anchorage either tonight, or sometime this weekend... but, i don't think it will even come close to the awesomeness that is, "the pitt" biggrin.gif ... i fucking loved the pitt, it might end up being my favorite expansion... i mean i still haven't played O:A, lookout or zeta yet but, the pitt was a great experience... and it fell right into the fallout universe... the others are gonna have to be something pretty special to pass the pitt in my books biggrin.gif ...

Oh, wow... You don't even know what's coming... Point Lookout, man, holy shit.

Point Lookout is my favorite DLC.

Also, best psychedelic sequence in a game evar.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 3 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #131

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

I haven't even played PL and know it's going to be the best.

And bOnEs, you shoulda played OA first. I haven't beaten it, nor have I played The Pitt yet, but I think you would have been better off, cause OA isn't very mindblowing. Your expectations won't be as high.

Oh, and when I say "isn't very mindblowing," I don't mean it isn't fucking awesome, because it is fucking awesome.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Oct 3 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #132

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Oct 3 2009, 08:20 AM) *

And bOnEs, you shoulda played OA first. I haven't beaten it, nor have I played The Pitt yet, but I think you would have been better off, cause OA isn't very mindblowing. Your expectations won't be as high.

Oh, and when I say "isn't very mindblowing," I don't mean it isn't fucking awesome, because it is fucking awesome.

So it is short?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 3 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #133

i know point lookout is going to be awesome but come on, was the pitt not badass?? it was funner than any quest included in the original game... and the whole steel mill setting was quite impressive... it was strange to walk into a facility and actually see it running instead of offline for 200 years, surrounded by mole rats and ghouls biggrin.gif...

i'm playing operation anchorage later this afternoon after the michigan/michigan state game... and the reason why i saved it for after the pitt is because i wanted to play the pitt that badly... i'm not saying O:A is going to suck, i just wanted to play the pitt first because i knew i'd love it... i've seen enough stuff on all the expansions to know that the pitt will probably be either 1 or 2 as my favorite DLC... with point lookout challenging for that top spot... i wanted to play the good one first biggrin.gif...

but, now it's time to focus on anchorage, for my good girl character... then i'll have all week to mess around with these add-ons with my evil guy... he's only finished the first quest in broken steel so, he's still got a lot of stuff to do yet biggrin.gif... can't wait to take the chinese stealth armor into onley powerworks and adam's air force base biggrin.gif... i'm putting the main quest on hold on the evil file because, i'm destroying the citadel anyways... plus, i want some of these cool gadgets for adam's air force base biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 3 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #134

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 3 2009, 12:55 AM) *
QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Oct 3 2009, 08:20 AM) *

So it is short?

Yeah Dupz it's pretty short.

Basically wasteland fighting until you get into the simulator.
You need to complete the sim for the Outcasts to help them
gain entry to a locked "armory".

Then it's a new environment you are dropped in to, via sim pod.
Then you act on your first mission.

Once that is accomplished, you are part of a military base,
and have a team, a gear list, and 3 objectives to secure in the field.

Along the way, there are 10 intel cases.

If you were to not care about the intel cases, the game is very linear,
and actually goes pretty fast. It took me 2 days and saving *before*
every mission ending, due to finding those intel cases.

When you achieve your objectives, the simulation is over,
and there is a surprise ending back home when you open the armory.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Oct 3 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #135

Still Standing
Group Icon

I just beat the pitt. I got the armour and gun from the arena, and I decided to join the army, then i killed Ashur or whatever he was called and stole his armour! This is my evil file anyway, so i did as much bad as i could. I killed Wiener and Ashur. What do you get for collecting 100 steel ingots? And is there any other good shit to collect before leaving? This was better than broken steel btw, i loved it. O:A next week. And i'm really looking forward to Point and Zeta, hopefully best is last!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 3 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #136

@synch - yea, i'm gonna take my time with O:A and get the intel cases biggrin.gif... i'm gonna make the most of the O:A experience since it is short... i added up the weight of the gear you get from the armory (88 lbs) so, i know what kind of inventory i need to bring biggrin.gif... plus, a little buffout can go a long ways if i need to... it helped me get out of the pitt with most of the gear... i left an auto axe and the gamma shield armor in a dumpster near the bridge... i fast-traveled back immediately to pick it up though biggrin.gif...

@dupzor - you get the tribal power armor... i can't wait to get at least 90 steel ignots biggrin.gif... i want the silenced purforator...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 3 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #137

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Oct 3 2009, 11:40 AM) *
I just beat the pitt. I got the armour and gun from the arena, and I decided to join the army, then i killed Ashur or whatever he was called and stole his armour! This is my evil file anyway, so i did as much bad as i could. I killed Wiener and Ashur. What do you get for collecting 100 steel ingots? And is there any other good shit to collect before leaving? This was better than broken steel btw, i loved it. O:A next week. And i'm really looking forward to Point and Zeta, hopefully best is last!

I grabbed everything in the entire DLC and stashed it as I found it,
in the garbage can across from Midea, near the slop/food stand.
From the wildmen before the bridge, to the sniper on top of the bridge,
and everything in downtown, uptown, and the mill. Funny that there is a ton
of stimpacks hidden in engine blocks and fire hydrants.

Before leaving, I emptied out Friday's inventory, and the bartender's inventory.
Luckily I was able to trade with Friday before completing the hole, which
means I could sell junk for missiles and flamer fuel. Made the hole so easy.
She always gets killed in the final battle so remember to get her key.

There is an "abandoned apartment" in Uptown loaded with trogs, but it is also
loaded with a lot of useful weapons, ammo, the Chinese dignitary and all his
rare stuff like that rare hat I picked up there. You can always go back to the Pitt,
but of course Ashur's place is closed as is the tunnel to get to his place.

10 Ingots: Laborer Outfit (Unique Slave Outfit)
20 Ingots: Filtration Helmet (Unique Supervisor Helmet)
30 Ingots: Steel Knuckles (Unique Brass Knuckles)
40 Ingots: Metal Master Armor (unique Raider Throwdown Armor)
50 Ingots: Metal Blaster (Unique AER9 Laser Rifle)
60 Ingots: Bombshell Armor (Unique Raider Ordinance Armor)
70 Ingots: Leather Rebel (Unique Raider Commando Armor)
80 Ingots: The Mauler (Unique Auto Axe)
90 Ingots: Perforator (Unique Infiltrator)
100 Ingots: Tribal Power Armor (Similar to Ashur's Power Armor)

Mill Worker achievement

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 4 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #138

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I think the Tribal Power Armor is better than Ashur's Power Armor, isn't it? Effect-wise, anyway, I don't remember the Damage Resistance and all that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 4 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #139

finished operation anchorage... it was fun biggrin.gif... the first part was stealth, and the rest was storming locales with force... it was a good expansion and yes, the stealth armor is awesome!! never got notification of the covert-ops perk, even though i collected all ten intel cases... the wiki says i should check my pip-boy... it should be there but, sometimes you don't get the notification...

the experience of anchorage was good... i like the add-on but, the one thing that kept it from being awesome was the amount of times i had to re-boot the PS3... this is by far, the buggiest add-on so far... it froze up 4 times, and i had to reload the autosave where you are talking to general jingwei because, my guy glitched into this area and was standing about 2 feet off the ground... the general wouldn't come talk to me... eventually, after like the 10th time of re-loading, he talked to me... and there were numerous other slow-downs as well where i thought it was about to freeze... this brought the whole experience down to a crashing halt...

it was good though... there were some cool things to take away from the experience like the 3 canons you have to blow up... the way they shook the screen throughout the base whenever they fired (which made shooting outside of VATS interesting laugh.gif)... and there was snow blowing around in parts of the map, and howling winds rushing by... it really felt like anchorage alaska biggrin.gif... the health and ammo dispensers were kind of funny, almost brought you back to reality in that, this is a simulation, even though i didn't feel like one at times...

not the best add-on but, a worthy add-on nonetheless... now it's my evil guys turn to make silly comments to the soldiers in the simulation that this is, in fact, a simulation... the evil guys have all the best lines laugh.gif... i wanna tell mcgraw "not another simulation with psychotic little girls!"...

P.S. - the gauss rifle is one bad mutha fucker!!

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 4 2009, 04:25 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 4 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #140

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 4 2009, 09:18 AM) *
this is by far, the buggiest add-on so far... it froze up 4 times

Must be a PS3 thing. QD mentioned his hang ups on the other DLC's as well.
I never had a problem with the DLC's on the XBox 360 Elite, or the PC.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 3 2009, 09:26 PM) *
I think the Tribal Power Armor is better than Ashur's Power Armor, isn't it?
Effect-wise, anyway, I don't remember the Damage Resistance and all that.

I like it better, at least I used the Tribal in the game.
Less Damage Resistance, lower weight, AP-15, Melee.....

Tribal Power Armor DR-35 / WT- 40 / LK +1, ST +1, AG -1, AP +15, Melee Weapons +5

Ashur's Power Armor
DR- 40 / WT- 45 / LK +1, ST +1, AG -1, CH +1, Radiation Resistance +10

Ashur's Power Armor is a stylized variant of the T-45d Power Armor owned by Ashur, the leader of the Pitt Raiders.
It is visually identical to Tribal Power Armor obtained from Everett by returning all 100 Steel Ingots.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 05:40 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4