Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things you Hate about games, What are some things you hate about games
Matthew
post Sep 15 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,094

To start things off, I hate the fact that when playing online, people need to cheat to go after achievements. one reason I stopped playing online in any games.

Guess i should have said cheating to make them feel they are the better player (mostly talking about sports games).

This post has been edited by Matthew: Sep 15 2009, 02:20 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 15 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I hate the price of new games and kids who bitch about people cheating to get achievements online.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 15 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Price for me too. And, while this isn't always an issue, lack of content in games.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Matthew
post Sep 15 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,094

The price of games is also something i hate.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #5

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

why do people complain about cheaters as if it's gonna fix the problem?? get used to it, some people are BIG babies and hate to lose...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 15 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I hate that some developers are skimping on their single player game and focusing too much on online multiplayer. Online in general, really, even DLC. I'd rather go buy a disc.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Benzilla
post Sep 15 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #7

Pickpocket
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,554

QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 15 2009, 05:28 PM) *
I hate that some developers are skimping on their single player game and focusing too much on online multiplayer. Online in general, really, even DLC. I'd rather go buy a disc.

I agree. You don't get to hear much about campaign of the big franchises (GoW, COD e.t.c) when they are at pre-release stage... Although saying that COD4 has one of the best single player campaign's I think.

--------------------
QUOTE (sve knjige svijeta @ Sep 23 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Whoever wants to be the guy who makes a game about a black man wielding a chain-gun, mowing down white-people, go right ahead.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #8

the add-ons and DLC's piss me off this generation... charging us more for content that should of been in the game... if i see another map pack for $5, my head might explode... at least batman: arkham asylum is doing it the right way and releasing new maps for FREE...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Sep 15 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #9

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Seconded on bOnEs about the DLC. The one that's pissed me off the most recently is Gears of War 2's 'hidden chapter'. They actually admitted to taking it out of the original game, then releasing it with a load of multiplayer maps for like $15.

Then there are the community-based games that hype up their multiplayer, and then start splitting everyone up by releasing packs of three maps for $10 each.

When will people learn that we are just getting ripped off and plain refuse to buy these things? If developers are going to do premium DLC, do it the Rockstar way and make it an expansion pack, not a shitty little overpriced bolt-on.

EDIT: this isn't an Asylum topic. Moving...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #10

lol, it was really funny with one of the games i played earlier this year... godfather II... the day the game went on sale, a DLC map pack hit the PS store for $10 laugh.gif... plus, a maxed out character was $5 and unlocking all weapons was $5 too... you could buy all of this for $15 but who would do that when the game was ridiculously easy anyways??... fun but, very easy...

still, charging more for extras that should be free is my biggest pet-peeve of this generation... and little big planet really really pisses me off with this too... love the game, i think everyone should at least play it once but, they charge you for EVERYTHING in the store... want a new character? $3... want new stickers? $5... want new materials and objects? $10...

fuck that shit...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 15 2009, 05:32 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Sep 15 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #11

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

The fact that no matter how realistic games get, there's always something in you that subconsciously knows it isn't real and tries to pick out every tiny flaw in animation or physical anomalies.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 15 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #12

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

The insanely retardedly hard parts where you sit and try and try and try and try and try and try and try, yet you still can't beat it.

Another thing I hate is when that happens and you end up smashing your controller.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Sep 15 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #13

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

I'm going to go with what's already being said: The Price and the Content.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Sep 15 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 15 2009, 03:16 PM) *
The insanely retardedly hard parts where you sit and try and try and try and try and try and try and try, yet you still can't beat it.

Another thing I hate is when that happens and you end up smashing your controller.

Agreed.

@ Viceman - It's called the Uncanny Valley.

This post has been edited by Heartless: Sep 15 2009, 07:18 PM

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 15 2009, 03:16 PM) *

SOCOM: US navy seals... about 10 missions in, where you have to rescue POW's from a prison camp and that helicopter shows up... FUCK THAT DAMN HELICOPTER, FUCK THAT MISSION, AND FUCK THAT GAME!!

i did break my controller over that one... it's one of the only times i actually threw my remote... never beat that game either... stop playing after that and never ever played again... still use the headset though lol laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 15 2009, 07:23 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
RamzKilla
post Sep 15 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #16

Litterer

Member No.: 39,290

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 15 2009, 04:16 PM) *

Like W@W that game on veteran drove me to whip my controller at the floor after I died like 200 times. angry.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 15 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #17

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Sep 15 2009, 12:16 PM) *

Dude, yes. Nowadays I only play on the easiest difficulty, so the last game that happened to me on was Spiderman 3 like two years ago. Happened to me BILLIONS of times on my GameBoy when I was a wee little boy. I threw that shit HARD too!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 16 2009, 01:26 AM
Post #18

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Those old school Gameboys could take a fucking beating. My shit was wrecked and it might still work today, if I could find it.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Sep 16 2009, 01:57 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

I hate those games where, uhh.. OK, an example works better. You know in Odins Sphere, where you have to guess who the noble is to defeat that one boss? And to know which character is a noble, either you had to play and pay attention for every single mind warping second, or just make a random fucking guess. I hate those games that require you have some sort of weird telepathic link to the level designer.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 16 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #20

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

A general lack of story. I've noticed I haven't seen really good plot since Silent Hill 1 + 2 + 3. Stuff with meaning, themes, backstories, side characters. GTA 4 does have a high quality script but many people don't recognize that part. I just notice other games I've tried have flat scripts.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:54 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4