DuPz0r
post Jul 16 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So 3DTV's are now available and the PS3 will soon be updated via firmware from Sony to make games compatible with the TV's. the 3DS is coming out, and i'm pretty sure microsoft will soon be jumping on the bandwagon. I have a few questions i would like to hear answered from you all.

My big question is this, will you guys be buying a 3DTV in the near future, and do you think this will revolutionize gaming? Obviously 3D has always been around since before we were born. It's only now we're able to experience good quality 3D like you get at present day cinemas, but from your own home.

How do you think it will look playing a game in 3D rather than watching a move. The frame rate in games are much faster, allowing our eyes even sharper details to take in. What sort of games do you think will look good in 3D? FSP, Racing, Sports, Fighters?

Here is a list of PS3 titles that have been confirmed at E3 that will support 3DTV when the firmware is released.

Gran Turismo 5

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Super StarDust HD

Pain

Wip3out HD

Mortal Kombat (new TBA)

Crysis 2

Tron:Evolution

Shaun White

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

NBA 2K11

Ghost Recon:Future Soldier

So there looks like a healthy line-up being created for release. What games will you be looking forward to playing in 3D?

And my last question is, Do you hate the idea of 3D gaming, if so why?

Great, this should hopefully start an interesting convo!

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jul 16 2010, 08:38 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 16 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i would be interested if this involved NO GLASSES...

i just got an HDTV about a year and a half ago... i am not about to upgrade to a TV that will be replaced in the next two years with a TV that doesn't use glasses... i don't know, i just think it's too soon for the majority of us that can't afford another new TV... while i do think it needs to hit the market first, like so, in order to get the ball rolling, i just think it's years away from being something mainstream... and if it's done right, it could be mainstream in those few years from now...

it's just too soon for most of us, that's the only obstacle... because, i think the majority of people are really interested in 3D... at least with gamers, we are the ones who give it a test drive... but if the theaters are any indication, 3D is here to stay...

and i do recall hearing that microsoft is in no rush to release 3D gaming because they too think it's too soon... but hey, someone has to get the ball rolling, microsoft just wants to set back and see what happens first...

i for one, could care less about 3D gaming... i am not ready and i am not really interested to be honest... maybe someday in the future but right now, i am not going to be an early adopter like one of my friends who has already upgraded his computer...

This post has been edited by Ben Grundy Wilson: Jul 16 2010, 08:45 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 16 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

I heard about TV's in development that don't need glasses. But the new ones that have been released do use glasses and they cost 100/$120 each :S

I went into a Sony store a couple of weeks ago and asked to look at a 3DTV. He walked out with a massive pair of glasses (ok not that massive) that looked prototype tbh. They were like really square looking and seemed like they had an on-board CPU lol. He told me to be careful because of the price. Which i looked at him with wide eyes, and took a big gulp.

Anyway, i first started watching a world cup game in 3D. It did actually look really cool. The players stood out marvellously from the pitch, but it didn't really look as good as i hoped. Then i said is there any blu-ray demo's i could watch. He put on the new Alice in Wonderland on. That's when i stood in shock at how nice it looked. There was so much depth, it was amazing. When something comes towards you, it really does, you know?! Unlike the old red lens/ blue lens 3d glasses, you don't see like 3 layers of depth, somewhat like a LittleBigPlanet level XD.png. There is little shutters on each lens, like a camera. But they open and shut at like 15 times a second, or even more for games i would imagine. So quick you wouldn't notice. Anyway, this works with the processor on the TV which displays separate images on screen at the same time as the glasses close lens, which in turn shows each eye a different picture, making you believe what you see it standing out at you. I hope that made sense!

I'm hoping they start displaying PS3 games on he TV's in the Sony store soon. Mind you, i bet there will be huge queues of people waiting to try it out when it first arrives!

Oh yeah and if anyone finds out about any new titles or has any new information to add to this thread, please post.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 16 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i am waiting for bestbuy to put this stuff on display because, i would love to see it in action... it's a pretty interesting concept but, i REALLY do need to see it in action before i make any more statements because, as of right now, this is not for me...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 16 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #5

Still Standing
Group Icon

I'm open to the concept. I just can't afford it yet either. I'll just have to wait until all the rich people buy them, and then they start going down in price!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jul 16 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #6

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

I was pondering, a little bit ago, if Rockstar would/is experimenting with this or planning anything at all....

And as far as I know, the glasses-less TV's won't be ready anytime soon but it's nice to see how far technology has coming along that we can say we have 3D TV's plus we already have games on the way to play! smile.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jul 16 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #7

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

I've seen enough 3D TV and 3D movies to know I will never, ever like it in that sense - it makes me wanna puke. Like a shitton of others who watch it. But, it's a gimmick that's going nowhere.

3D gaming is the only thing I'm interested in and will open my arms to, with movies and TV it feels as though I should be able to focus on everything, the woods behind the characters, the car across the road, but not being able to is what makes me feel ill when watching it. In games the perspective is different, apart from cut-scenes obviously. My mind knows that I'm the character, and if I want to focus on that wall, then I can walk over to it and it will focus. You get where I'm going.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 16 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (asthenia @ Jul 16 2010, 10:46 PM) *
I've seen enough 3D TV and 3D movies to know I will never, ever like it in that sense - it makes me wanna puke. Like a shitton of others who watch it. But, it's a gimmick that's going nowhere.

3D gaming is the only thing I'm interested in and will open my arms to, with movies and TV it feels as though I should be able to focus on everything, the woods behind the characters, the car across the road, but not being able to is what makes me feel ill when watching it. In games the perspective is different, apart from cut-scenes obviously. My mind knows that I'm the character, and if I want to focus on that wall, then I can walk over to it and it will focus. You get where I'm going.

That's a good thing you brought up focal points. Because i feel a little nauseous myself when trying to focus on things out of focus when watching 3D movies. Avatar being a prime example. How do they make games look 3D without a sense of focus. If the games turn out to have blurry backgrounds that make me feel like I'm going to chuck my guts, then I'm pretty sure i wont like it either....
I just hope they manage to keep the sharpness but also still maintain depth of field.

edit. This is one of the first videos i've seen with normal causal shoppers/gamers actually playing these 3D titles. This is what they had to say about it:

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jul 16 2010, 11:31 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 17 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #9

Hustler

Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

beeen looking at a samsung 3d tv for a while now, after i get a job ( had a job for the last 2 years but lost it smile.gif ). im going to save up and buy one, only thing is i dont know if samsung is any good cause their glasses are only 60 pound where the rest of the brands are a lot more expensive.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 17 2010, 06:07 AM
Post #10

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Just another fad. Not interested.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 17 2010, 08:58 AM
Post #11

Still Standing
Group Icon

I always thought that First Person Shooters would look really decent in 3D. I can just imagine Modern Warfare but with a really good sense of depth. Like the gun stands forward and as you walk down the streets which comes towards as you walk down it. I dunno, it's just curiosity more than anything. I think maybe after initially playing it in 3D, the spectacle of it might wear off...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jul 17 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #12

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Not interested. I hate the glasses and my astigmatism means the 3D effect is pretty blurred for me... or I've yet to see a decent 3D film.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jul 17 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #13

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

too expensive.

3d needs to be <100 for me to be interested.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jul 17 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #14

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 17 2010, 01:58 AM) *
I always thought that First Person Shooters would look really decent in 3D. I can just imagine Modern Warfare but with a really good sense of depth. Like the gun stands forward and as you walk down the streets which comes towards as you walk down it. I dunno, it's just curiosity more than anything. I think maybe after initially playing it in 3D, the spectacle of it might wear off...

I'm not denying 3D is an awesome concept, and yes I'd get it in a heartbeat if it was just a $50 TV upgrade or something. But yeah a FPS would be sweet because of the animations of bullets flying past you, grenades flying by your head, tank rounds whizzing past you and not to mention the debris from explosions.

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Jul 17 2010, 05:10 AM) *
Not interested. I hate the glasses and my astigmatism means the 3D effect is pretty blurred for me... or I've yet to see a decent 3D film.

Ha, I can just see them coming out with "prescription 3D glasses." So lame

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 21 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #15

Still Standing
Group Icon

Ok, i just found something interesting.

Sony have just applied for a patent for a stereoscopic system which allows two people in the same room watch two different things on the screen. This means, that if you were to play split-screen games with a friend, the screen wont be split, you both get the whole screen to yourself. You still need the glasses on each though, but it wont be 3D i don't think anyway...

Sony has filed patents for a new stereoscopic system that would allow two gamers to enjoy 3D multiplayer without the need for split-screen.

The patents, which were spotted by Broke My Controller, were filed a year ago and published last week.

They describe a way of rendering separate images on one screen, and depict glasses which can then filter them. Digital Foundry's Richard Leadbetter explains: "Stereo 3D is all about generating two different images - one per eye. The glasses work by making sure that the right images are sent to the correct eyes.

"The theory here is that instead of having stereo 3D, the glasses each point to either the left or right "eye" view, which will be the view of each player in-game. So two screens are being generated, one goes to each player. Simple!"

Source

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jul 21 2010, 09:14 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jul 31 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #16

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

This one is interesting:

3D TV of a different kind, just need to make it bigger.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Aug 1 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #17

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

"You will all die down here"

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 1 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #18

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

We're in the Hive?

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:47 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4