> *spoilers* ending
JamieMilne
post May 29 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

hey just finished the main story yesterday and im disappointed by it, i dont want to play as jack. i didnt even like him before i knew what would eventually happen. is anyone else just a bit pissed off that your forced to play on as some charactered you dont really know, i mean we saw him for about 6 missions, we've jsut played through the whole game as john, got to know him, yyous get what i mean?. this is actually a dealbreaker for me, the second i realised i had to play on as jack i lost all interest in the game, im seriously just been turned off by it
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 29 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Hustler

anyone else pissed off by it
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 29 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #3

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

nope, not at all... in fact, i LOVE IT!! it's a great twist and really made the final mission in the game one of the best in the history of video games... i do believe it's a first too... it makes the upcoming 2nd DLC pack very intriguing, especially if it's going to be an episodic thing like they did with liberty city...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post May 29 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Anus.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 38,852

I'm wouldn't say I was disappointed because it made a great ending, however it did take me a little while to get used to Jack's squeaky voice...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 29 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #5

and that "go'on get'at'er" he yells at his horse laugh.gif... he's got a much thicker cowboy accent than his father, which is weird... but, i do like the fact that the last of the legendary outlaws was finished off and basically, it feels like jack is the bridge from the cowboy era to the modern era...

i think that's what R* was going for... john was the last of his kind... it was basically the death of the west... i love it...

plus, like viceman said in a different thread, jack looks better in most of the outfits... it was like they were made for him and not john... well, the gang outfits look like they were made for john but, the marshall, army, elegant, reyes rebel, and gentleman's attire all look like they were made for jack... he fits them perfectly...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 29 2010, 03:31 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 29 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #6

Hustler

oh a 2nd dlc pack, well if its like episodes then and we played as Jack then id probly grow to like him, but i liked playing as john lol, and now im playing as a character i dont really know that well,

the only thing that bothers me about eh outfits is the original cowboy out that john wore i liked and its changed for jack lol.

and is there not a picture of john wearing the marshals outfit in the sleave of the special edition ? im confused by that .
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 29 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #7

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Not going to use a spoiler tag, since this whole topic is about the ending, don't read the topic if you don't want it spoiled, anyway;

There isn't really any difference between the two aside from the voice, but as I said most of the outfits do seem to suit Jack better, strangely. My only gripe is that although 3 years have passed in the game (making Jack 18) nothing seems to have changed, towns have got no larger, and NPCs still talk about old events, such as the rebellion in Mexico by Reyes. (Although if you read the newspaper in 1914 it says he's actually assumed leadership and has become corrupted himself.)

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 30 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #8

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Ahem.

"Work, ya damn nag!"

*Shoots television*

That is all.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 30 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #9

"YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW!!"

*shoots the TV too*

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 2 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #10

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I say amazing ending. I was actually pretty bummed to see John die. I did pretty much all the stranger missions. Im wondering what would have happened if you want complete then I finished it as jack. How would it work? Would jack be in cut scenes?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 2 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #11

the strangers usually talk about how john was a good man for helping them out, even though jack is finishing up their unfinished business... it's pretty cool actually... and the ones that weren't started yet, they just treat you as they would if your were john, with no mention of john when playing as jack...

it was kind of cool to see it play out like that... i wanted to test it like an hour after i beat the game... i saw some unfinished side-quests and wanted to see what would happen...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 2 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Ill just have to save the side missions for jack on my next play though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 2 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #13

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I fucking loved the ending. Went out with a bang... Brilliant! Jack aint so bad. He looks a bit Mexican but that's ok. At least you can still wear all the outfits and do all the side missions as Jack.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 2 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

I hope they explain how his mom dies only a few years after John did in some DLC.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jun 2 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #15

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

I like the ending. Hated it at first.
I've grown to like Jack, I love how he says "Work, ya damn nag!"
I use that line on my girlfriend!
And "Stop dillydallying and work!"

Those are my fave lines.
Im excited about DLC, because I did about 90% of everything as John, only like two strangers and I've been saving them.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Jun 2 2010, 09:24 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 2 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #16

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

I started Daedelus with John and finished it with Jack. He says, "my God is that you? John Marston?" and then he plummets to his death. I will say that California didn't notice the character change... although that guy is fucked out of his mind anyway.

PS--How many days does it take to start the third part of California? Like a whole month? Shit is annoying...

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 2 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

I'm curious too see what the I know you guy says.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jun 2 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #18

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

I swear that guy has to be God.
John says something like "Damn you!" and says many people have or something.
That quest line fractured my brain. I loved it!
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 3 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 2 2010, 07:02 PM) *
I swear that guy has to be God.
John says something like "Damn you!" and says many people have or something.
That quest line fractured my brain. I loved it!

Haha. Yah mad trippy.

Then he just disappears at the end.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 3 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #20

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

I think that guy was the best random encounter. Really some weird element added to the story.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 12:18 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4