Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random/Unique encounters
Kuwong
post May 30 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

anyone feel a bit miffed by these? Sure there have been some great ones, seen a few unique ones myself (I think, hard to tell) but there's so many that are the same. Just once I'd like the woman by a broken cart needs protecting from pursuing bandits, or a random person who claims he is "lost" wants a ride into town, not to just steal my horse.

It seems for all the random encounters Rockstar put into the game, none of them vary from their originally intended event.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 30 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i agree that there are a lot of the same ones but, there are some really cool ones out there too... i've seen a man shoot his wife, then shoot himself... i've seen TNT makers blow themselves up laugh.gif... i found the cannibal campsite... i've seen a circle of dead bodies like it was a mexican standoff or a deal gone wrong... a woman sobbing over her dead husband and drinks herself to death...

while i get sick of helping a shop owner with a thief, or helping someone with their stolen horse, i still do enjoy the random events i find out in the wilderness... i am at the point right now where i pretty much ignore the pleas inside a town... i hate arriving to a settlement, only to be asked to leave and help someone... fuck that, i need a drink and some sleep...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 30 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #3

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 30 2010, 03:21 PM) *
i found the cannibal campsite

I found my first one yesterday, just south of MacFarlane ranch and east of Warthington ranch. funny that I spent so much of my time there early in game and I saw nothing. I killed the cannibal and freed the tied up woman.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 30 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

I killed the cannibal and ate the woman.

Not a scripted "random" event, but I shot a man off of his horse yesterday and he fell off the horse to his right, smashed his face into a tree and proceeded to spin around the tree as if he was lasso'd to it. Was absolutely hilarious.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 30 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #5

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Awesome. I made a-post death pinata once, while paying more attention to the guy I was dragging than to the approaching cliff. Draped him right over a tree on my way down.

But back to the topic, I'm not sure how many unique events there are, but I've found that most of the events that I thought were unique will happen again eventually, so I'm not even sure if any of the things I've seen were unique at all. I've run up on a dozen or more cannibal campsites.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jun 1 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #6

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

I was helping a guy free his wife who was being hung and after Dead Eye-ing all of the enemies, I accidentally dead eye'd her right in the side of the face and practically blew half her head off lol. Needless to say she died. Got a screenshot of her mutilated face handing there in the noose. I'll post it later tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jun 1 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #7

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 1 2010, 07:53 AM) *
I was helping a guy free his wife who was being hung and after Dead Eye-ing all of the enemies, I accidentally dead eye'd her right in the side of the face and practically blew half her head off lol. Needless to say she died. Got a screenshot of her mutilated face handing there in the noose. I'll post it later tongue.gif

Good stuff. I have had this "random" event happen a few times, not once have I managed to save the wife.

I've been too late to save her, but I've also blown her head off instead of hitting the rope.

Last night I was in the southern part of Mexico waiting for Luisa's mission to be available, when I decided to do some on foot exploring/hunting. I found a few dead bodies at the base of a cliff. I hadn't done any missions down there, so I didn't kill them and they didn't have guns, but I was able to loot their corpses.

I'm thinking mass suicide.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 30 2010, 10:21 AM) *
i've seen a man shoot his wife, then shoot himself...

This is one of my favorites, if only for the maniacal laughter.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Chicago51
post Jun 3 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,405
XBL Gamertag: Chicaga51
PSN Name: Chicago51

I've managed to save the hanging woman a few times. Its fairly easy since I'm still on dead eye lvl2 and it automatically picks the rope as a target. Haven't come across the cannibal campsite yet. I came across a shootout between 2 deputys and a guy hiding behind a wagon. Decided to help out and hogtied him. The deputies open fire on me and killed me before i had time to react... Dirty Bastards....

This post has been edited by Chicago51: Jun 3 2010, 12:24 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 3 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #9

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Those guys unloading dynamite... hilarious the first time because they weren't in my line of sight and I didn't really hear them so suddenly I hear an explosion and an Asian guy lands several feet of to the right of me. I was in awe.

Reason for edit: weren't*

This post has been edited by Pelican: Jun 3 2010, 11:22 PM

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 3 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #10

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Still haven't seen the dynamite one... waiting... !

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jun 3 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #11

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I came across the dynamite one the other day and walked up to them expecting a conversation but they ignored me. I rode out just within sniper range and sent a round into one of the boxes of dynamite then walked over expecting to just open the chest that was there but I couldn't find any bodies or the chest. Was a mighty big explosion though so I suppose it made sense.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Joeyshmoe69
post Jun 30 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,822

Just had my easiest random event.

Riding along and could see a 1 man cart trying to walk through a tree. As I got close, could hear a lady saying "please help...". Couldn't see her but turns out she was just the other side of the track from the cart!
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jun 30 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #13

iHate

Member No.: 368

The most recent unique random event was about a week or so ago when I was riding through Mexico and saw a firing squad about to shoot someone........I just stood there and watched, they shot him, and I went on my way.

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 1 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #14

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 1 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Got a screenshot of her mutilated face handing there in the noose. I'll post it later tongue.gif

You never did post that image.. I was looking forward to seeing that as well! Bullshit.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jul 2 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #15

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 30 2010, 10:21 AM) *
i agree that there are a lot of the same ones but, there are some really cool ones out there too... i've seen a man shoot his wife, then shoot himself... i've seen TNT makers blow themselves up laugh.gif... i found the cannibal campsite... i've seen a circle of dead bodies like it was a mexican standoff or a deal gone wrong... a woman sobbing over her dead husband and drinks herself to death...

while i get sick of helping a shop owner with a thief, or helping someone with their stolen horse, i still do enjoy the random events i find out in the wilderness... i am at the point right now where i pretty much ignore the pleas inside a town... i hate arriving to a settlement, only to be asked to leave and help someone... fuck that, i need a drink and some sleep...

QUOTE (KoreyKo @ Jun 30 2010, 07:16 PM) *
The most recent unique random event was about a week or so ago when I was riding through Mexico and saw a firing squad about to shoot someone........I just stood there and watched, they shot him, and I went on my way.

I haven't seen any of this. Where the fuck have I been?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 2 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #16

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I dread entering Armadillo, 80% of the time after saving there or just passing through you'll hear "IT'S HERBERT MOON!... I'm Herbert Moon, i've just been robbed!" I hate that guy so much I cheated at poker just to duel him and kill him. Then lo and behold I enter his shop and he's leaning nonchalantly on the counter, I turn round in the doorway to see his doppleganger's brains oozing into the dirt behind me. Then I shrug my shoulders and leave.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 2 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #17

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 1 2010, 03:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 1 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Got a screenshot of her mutilated face handing there in the noose. I'll post it later tongue.gif

You never did post that image.. I was looking forward to seeing that as well! Bullshit.gif

he did biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 4 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #18

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I think i've finally figured out the woman being held up by bandits encounter; every time i've shot the bandits and her blip turns red too, which leads me to believe she is part of the gang and acts as a lure to draw passers-by in, who then get robbed by the bandits. Usually I just shoot the bandits and leave, but last night I shot her in the face too and didn't lose any honour.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Chicago51
post Jul 6 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #19

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,405
XBL Gamertag: Chicaga51
PSN Name: Chicago51

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jul 4 2010, 06:06 PM) *
I think i've finally figured out the woman being held up by bandits encounter; every time i've shot the bandits and her blip turns red too, which leads me to believe she is part of the gang and acts as a lure to draw passers-by in, who then get robbed by the bandits. Usually I just shoot the bandits and leave, but last night I shot her in the face too and didn't lose any honour.

It all depends on when you shoot her. After ya kill the bandits if you walk up to her she gives ya the money she was paid and runs. If ya kill her after she pays up, you'll lose honor. If ya still do it while she still appears as a red blip ya don't lose any.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 7 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #20

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

That fella who always appears in the middle of nowhere saying something like "Howdy pardner, could sure do with a lift into town" gets gunned down before he reaches the word "pardner.." Was stunned the first time he had my horse away though, I was so pissed off that I ran after him for ages but had to use a rifle on him to get my horse back. I then told my horse he should never go with strangers and gave him an apple.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 11:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4