Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GTA IV on the PC, Worth it?
anomalous_result
post Oct 10 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #1

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,242

So I started my GTA playing with the first one and am a PC-only kinda guy. I haven't got IV yet and was sifting through some bookmarks when I found it was one of bit-tech's most disappointing games of 2008. Due to DRM, bloatware, unsloved glitches and stuff. Are most on here console-based GTA players or are we a PC community? Or both? Is GTA IV on the PC a sub standard experience and one I shouldn't look forward too?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Oct 10 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #2

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

If you have a PC, I would get it. Ive got it, and its awesome. 36 players online is really fun, and the movie making is too.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
River
post Oct 10 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Pickpocket

Member No.: 56,653

I think its way cooler than the console version. The graphics are def better.
Achievements

+Quote Post
richterm
post Oct 19 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 56,849

So let me chime in here.

I picked it up last week for $19.99 at Gamestop. I run it on my new Dell Studio Laptop...when I bought the laptop, I upgraded to the ATI video card and added RAM to bring it to 4 GB.

With some tweaking of the graphics, it runs pretty well. I've borrowed a friend's PS3 for a long weekend and yes, it runs smoother on that. HOWEVER, again, considering I'm running it on a laptop, I'm impressed with the framerate and detail level.

Multiplayer on PC....I've dipped my toes in the water and there's LOTS of people playing. Quite the riot, even though I stink in deathmatch. smile.gif

The storyline is very good, I've just unlocked the middle island.

In short, if you like the series...go for it. Especially since the price seems to have dropped recently.

Oh...and the ability to import your MP3s for the Independence Radio station is key. I'm up to 135 tracks already and have barely touched my collection.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 01:58 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4