Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A look into a pro bodybuilder's life..., Bob Cicherillo
hhhercules_23
post Feb 24 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,119

I powerlift and this video if from the bodybuilding.com website. Every week there will be a new video of
pro bodybuilder Bob Cicherillo during his preperation for a contest. He is cutting/getting leaner every week.
There is like 8 more weeks of leaning out b4 his competition. It's a good video. Check it out guys smile.gif

It says this week's show, and it shows pictures and stuff for what video you want to see. Choose any of them.

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/fitshow.htm

This post has been edited by hhhercules_23: Feb 24 2006, 11:20 PM

--------------------
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly.
AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FailSafe
post Feb 27 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,952

Why do you like Body Building? And please post a picture of your muscles i want to see if they beat my ones.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 27 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Body building sucks.
I dont mind keeping fit and strong, but building yourself into a beefy cunt is just sad tbh...

This post has been edited by DuPzr: Feb 27 2006, 06:50 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
cuda is your boi
post Feb 27 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Ermm, no it's not, I like keeping myself in shape, and have a nice body (not like those wrestling mosters though), but there is no problem in body building... I haven't checked that video (not really interested), but some of my firends have used videos like that to learn on how to gain muscle fast.

--------------------

I AM NOT A LIER SIR PLEASE DONT CALL ME ONE I SEEN THE WEB SITE WOULD U LIKE TO C IT?

Achievements

+Quote Post
hhhercules_23
post Feb 27 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

haha you guys are funny. Btw like I said I'm not a bodybuilder, Im a powerlifter, lift to get strong.
I guess no one wanted to see the vids, meh. Here's a link of the bench press world record holder, scott mendelson. The wr bench is 1008 lbs and he holds it, got it like a week ago at the ironman. He also has the raw bench press world record - 733 lbs. Raw mean no lifting equipment at all. The 733 raw lift is in this bottom link, the 1008 isnt on the site yet. Hasn't been updated yet. Just to let you all know, most average guys can't bench press anywhere near that. 170-180 lbs max bench would probably be an average fully grown man weighing about that amount, 200 lbs maybe. Here's the link, for amusement guys, if nothing else smile.gif

http://www.scotmendelson.net/video.html

--------------------
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 27 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

well what benifit does body building really do?
Apart from let you be able lift up large and heavy objects?

I'd rather not have like a bad back when im old because of all the heavy lifting. And then being covered in unhealthy amounts of saggy muscle when im about 70, if i live that long.

I like to keep myself fit, and keep my endurence up, and eat healthy.
But I dont really want to make myself really big like that, as i dont see any real benifits from it.

If i was fat, or a large sized person, then maybe i'd prefer to be like that then covered in fat, but as im just an avaerage sized person it doesnt appeal to me.

This post has been edited by DuPzr: Feb 27 2006, 09:47 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Achilles
post Feb 27 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,963

I bodybuild to kick some ass, pure and simple.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to that cool muthafucka Achilles for the bitch'n sig.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 27 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

Bruce Lee used to "kick ass" he had less meat on him then a daddy long legs tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Feb 28 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #9

iHate

Member No.: 368

QUOTE(Achilles @ Feb 27 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1106285[/snapback]

I bodybuild to kick some ass, pure and simple.

Yeah same here.

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post
NTC187
post Feb 28 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 28

QUOTE(DuPzr @ Feb 27 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]1106111[/snapback]

Body building sucks.
I dont mind keeping fit and strong, but building yourself into a beefy cunt is just sad tbh...

I dare you to go into a gym or a body building event and say that.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 28 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #11

Still Standing
Group Icon

I would go and say that if i could even be botherd to goto an event. They're just over pumped bodies. The only thing i find good to watch is the strongest man competitions. but to be that big isnt my cup of tea. I have a right to an opinion anyway.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Feb 28 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #12

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

Well, I think it is better for people to be all around good like a soldier or an athlete's body.

Body building is ok, but it is harder to move certain ways, or do certain things, and it's really not that special.

I mean, it's a great accomplishment, but other than competitions, and lifting, and look at the moment, there is no other benefits.

Older age will be worse, and there is no proof being stronger makes you a better fighter.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
hhhercules_23
post Mar 2 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Militant Bain @ Feb 28 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]1107095[/snapback]

Well, I think it is better for people to be all around good like a soldier or an athlete's body.

Body building is ok, but it is harder to move certain ways, or do certain things, and it's really not that special.

I mean, it's a great accomplishment, but other than competitions, and lifting, and look at the moment, there is no other benefits.

Older age will be worse, and there is no proof being stronger makes you a better fighter.

Oh really? I've seen Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman at 300 lbs of rip, do the splits. I've seen huge bodybuilders do back flips. I saw Kevin Levrone almost run as fast as a top runner - Dwain Chambers.
There are also 60 year old powerlifters that lifted their whole lives and are perfectly healthy.

The race pics, saw the vid but dont have a link to it -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showph...oto=46320&cat=2

splits -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showph...00&ppuser=43497

there were better splits, but I couldnt find the pick, or the back flip 1. Being stronger does make you a better fighter. Though it's not the main thing. Bruce Lee lifted weights btw... most fighters lift weights. Just not as heavy usually because they need more speed and endurance. Mike Tyson lifted kinda heavy, Matt Hughes does too, a lot do. The strongest fighter can still get beaten, no doubt there.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Washunka
post Mar 2 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,098

There is a difference between people who lift weights and people who bodybuild. People who lift weights do it for practical reasons, and do not sacrifice their body for some pointless competition. It is never good to starve your body of water just so the veins in your body will show, and it's never good to tear your muscle on purpose just so it grows back faster. So in ending their is no real point to body-building, when all you need to do is stay in shape is eat healthy and work out moderatly.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
tom.com
post Mar 11 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 24,615

yea thats sick dude (if your not a girl)

--------------------
Life is like a Cigarett, smoked till the end !
Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Mar 16 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #16

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 73

Gaining muscle fast is worthless, yes you get pumped up, but your strenght hardly improves and you become slow. You need to gain it slowly. I gained 4 kilo of muscle, just because of my work. I don't look strong and I don't want to look strong. Do marines look strong? No, but they're strong and fast, deadly combination.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 11:57 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4