> Hard Liquor and Loose Women
BAMF
post May 10 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #1

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,181
XBL Gamertag: Serotonin777

Gentlemen, I'd like to open this topic to a fairly open ended discussion of drinking and whoring, two of my personal favorite things! biggrin.gif

I'm interested in your thoughts on in-game drinking, the presence of prostitutes and what your attitude is to these is as a gamer and in the role of John Marston?

Since first playing San Andreas, I've considered the inability to get the bartender behind the bar to pour me a fucking drink to be a serious setback to the realism of open world gaming. And while GTA IV introduced inebriation as a game mechanic, it wasn't until TBoGT that a guy could get some goddamn service around here! - IV also took whoring to a new level by providing lap dances at the strip clubs and some decent animation when you had $50 or $70 to blow on a hooker off the street! tongue.gif

As I understand RDR, a guy can buy drinks at the bar but cannot purchase the services of a prostitute - on account of Marston being married!? What the fuck is that!! wallbash_red.gif

All I can say is that if the old boy ain't getting none he's gonna be drinking some copious amounts of booze! And, by the way, I intend to have a bottle of good tequila at hand while I play, just to really get into character! wink.gif

What are your thoughts on this situation?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 11 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

This game is not very realistic - I'm married and I can still buy whores.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 11 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #3

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Can we or can't we get down 'n' dirty with the Ladies of the Night (and Day!)? I've heard conflicting answers, and y'know, it's a very uh... important factor of... uh.. the game.

Honestly, me and my gf go killing hoes all the time on GTA. After we fuck 'em ofcourse, gotta let 'em go in style.

This post has been edited by Asthenia: May 11 2010, 01:34 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
andy42s
post May 13 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #4

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,248

Whores were a big part of the wild west. Wouldn't be very realistic without them
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post May 13 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #5

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE (andy42s @ May 12 2010, 08:46 PM) *
Whores were a big part of the wild west. Wouldn't be very realistic without them

Largely because prostitution was made illegal in 1910 by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Fucking religious nutbags.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BAMF
post May 13 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #6

Litterer

QUOTE (Leutnant Herzlos @ May 12 2010, 08:23 PM) *

Largely because prostitution was made illegal in 1910 by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Fucking religious nutbags.

Well, there are prostitutes in RDR but I don't think you get to do anything with them. Now I can see how R* must have decided that the so called "booty calls" or, what is it, coffee breaks or some shit, were just pointless from game play perspective. And, come to think of it, there is a certain sexual deprivation theme running through a lot of westerns -- but the whole point of that is how cowboys go loony that way out on the plains and start fucking sheep and shit. Ah, shit! It just occurred to me that it must be linked to the Honor system!

wallbash_red.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 13 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #7

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Let's not forget John's married.

Fuck, who am I kidding? It was the old west... Marriage was just a word!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
BAMF
post May 13 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #8

Litterer

The crazy guy at the end of the "Revolution" video encourages Marston to "go get drunk or get a woman". It would be cruel and unusual punishment if Marston couldn't get his freak on. And once you're south of the border, the fidelity argument breaks down even further!! angry.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 14 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #9

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i'm sure prostitution will play a huge part in the game because, prostitution played a HUGE role in the wild west anyways... not just in movies but, they were a lot times the ones keeping an economy rolling... miners came to town and spent their money in the saloons and brothels... the whores turned around and payed off their pimps, their suppliers, their rent, their food, their everything... all that money trickled back through the local economy and towns kept the money flowing...

you should watch this very interesting piece i saw on the history channel called, "wild west tech: brothel tech"... that series is actually pretty good... but that particular episode talked about the innovations and technology that came from prostitution... condoms, coupons and tokens, bouncers, hygiene remedies, etc...

but, back on the subject at hand... yea, there will be prostitution in RDR but, none that a noble man like john marston would care about... however, in going the evil route, it seems like an option like that should open up... but, even then they might constantly remind the players that john is technically fighting to save his family and that he wouldn't dare think about something like that anyways, no matter how bad he can be...

john has morals and this thing called respect, unlike the characters in the GTA universe laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 14 2010, 12:16 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BAMF
post May 14 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #10

Litterer

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 13 2010, 07:15 PM) *
i'm sure prostitution will play a huge part in the game because, prostitution played a HUGE role in the wild west anyways... not just in movies but, they were a lot times the ones keeping an economy rolling... miners came to town and spent their money in the saloons and brothels... the whores turned around and payed off their pimps, their suppliers, their rent, their food, their everything... all that money trickled back through the local economy and towns kept the money flowing...

you should watch this very interesting piece i saw on the history channel called, "wild west tech: brothel tech"... that series is actually pretty good... but that particular episode talked about the innovations and technology that came from prostitution... condoms, coupons and tokens, bouncers, hygiene remedies, etc...

but, back on the subject at hand... yea, there will be prostitution in RDR but, none that a noble man like john marston would care about... however, in going the evil route, it seems like an option like that should open up... but, even then they might constantly remind the players that john is technically fighting to save his family and that he wouldn't dare think about something like that anyways, no matter how bad he can be...

john has morals and this thing called respect, unlike the characters in the GTA universe laugh.gif...

Well said, bOnEs. And thanks for the recommendation.

(counting down) drool.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
andy42s
post May 15 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #11

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,248

QUOTE (BAMF @ May 12 2010, 07:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Leutnant Herzlos @ May 12 2010, 08:23 PM) *

Well, there are prostitutes in RDR but I don't think you get to do anything with them. Now I can see how R* must have decided that the so called "booty calls" or, what is it, coffee breaks or some shit, were just pointless from game play perspective. And, come to think of it, there is a certain sexual deprivation theme running through a lot of westerns -- but the whole point of that is how cowboys go loony that way out on the plains and start fucking sheep and shit. Ah, shit! It just occurred to me that it must be linked to the Honor system!

wallbash_red.gif

Well, what I meant was it wouldn't be very realistic if the game won't let Marston partake. What would be the point of having whores in the game if you can't do anything with them? It ought to be something similar to what's in GTA, in my opinion anyways

This post has been edited by andy42s: May 15 2010, 12:52 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
BAMF
post May 19 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #12

Litterer

I humbly remind folks of this topic and encourage you to use it to bitch about marital fidelity and the outrageous consumption of alcohol.

snf (31).gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
BAMF
post May 19 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #13

Litterer

I love the fact that you don't know how drunk you are until you step away from the bar stupid.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post May 20 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #14

iHate

Member No.: 368

QUOTE (BAMF @ May 19 2010, 05:25 PM) *
I love the fact that you don't know how drunk you are until you step away from the bar stupid.gif

That is pretty awesome and trying to walk is total lulz happy.gif

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:43 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4