IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> H4X3R Thread..., BINARY MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT?
Mad Space Ghost
post May 4 2009, 04:36 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 37,989

Will Update this soon...

Pretty much this will include information on hardware, tips, malicious type stuff, etc..
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, this is just coming from my assorted knowledge of stuff, im gonna start with hardware and just some random shit correct me if i'm wrong.

CPU

CPU stands for central processing unit! Its the brain power behind your computer and such its also called a processor and shit there is other types of processors such a GPU (graphics processing unit) but we'll get into that later. When considering buying its useful to know how many cores and its clock speed in GHz (gigahertz), for example, mine is a Intel (brand) Core 2 duo (basically saying its dual core or two cores) when you have multiple cores your computer recognizes the two cores and two independent CPUs because each core handles data that is given to it. As i was saying i have a intel core 2 duo clocked at 2.53 GHz the rule of thumb is the higher the clock speed the faster the CPU can read and write and shit like that.

RAM

RAM also known as Random Access Memory is the memory that your computer uses to temporarily store data on the go. It stores it there just long enough to access the string of binary or w/e later on to refer to. Theres 2 types of RAM now-a-days! DDR2 is becoming rather outdated but still used while it uses more power than DDR3 and takes longer its 'kay. DDR3 uses less power, is faster, and generally all around more 1337 the only downfall is you need a motherboard (like everything else) that supports it, etc, etc. The more RAM you have the better off you are because the more on the go memory your computer has to store shit to, BUT if you have over 2 (or maybe its 3) GB (gigabytes) of RAM then to fully utilize that RAM you'd have to have a x64 Bit OS (operation system) for example windows XP professional x64 or windows vista x64 bit ultimate.

Hard drive

Hard drives is where your computer stores data long term (and i mean long term the data can be recovered even after its deleted even from your recycle bin). The rule of thumb being the bigger your hard drive the bigger your penis, i mean storage space. Theirs diffrent types of hard drives and diffrent speeds at which they tranfer data and such i dont really know much about that but i will research and add to this later. Theirs also portable hard drives and flash drives (USB sticks) that can be used as on the go storage space.

Operating Systems

Aight den niggaz ima change dis shit up right quick seen? Operating Systems act as a means for the user (you) to have a graphical interface to communicate with the hardware of your computer. A (good) operating system supports the basic I/O (input/output) hardware such as mouse and a keyboard. Theres diffrent types of operating systems such as 32 bit and 64bit the main diffrence is 32 has compatibility with alot of programs 64 bit is shit when talking about compatibilty BUT 64 bit supports more RAM and makes a CPU with 64 bit architechture more efficent whereas 32 bit only supports up to like 2 or 3 GB of RAM. Not only does an OS do all of this is also indexes files on the hard drive and allows a user to access that information later on when needed and the OS also provides compatibilty with programs for that user to use.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 4 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,844

I think 32 bit can run up to 3GB.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post May 16 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #3

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 22,606
XBL Gamertag: sheep454
PSN Name: Sheep454
Xfire Identity: sheep454

Yep 32 bit = 3GB, XP 32 bit tends to detect about 3.25GB
Achievements

+Quote Post
TangoWhisky
post May 16 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 52,177

RAM is becoming oversupplied, not even Vista can use up 4GB of RAM :|
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post May 16 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #5

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Can if you use 64bit, which im currently using, and its certainly taking full advantage of my 4GB RAM
Achievements

+Quote Post
iSpyware
post May 16 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7

you are all terrible with computers.

--------------------
OMG SO KAWAII ^____^
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 16 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(iSpyware @ May 16 2009, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1502337[/snapback]

I'm terrible with computers and not embarrassed to admit it so I actually find this thread helpful.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Benzilla
post May 16 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #8

Pickpocket
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,554

Like Standard Grade Computing all over again...

--------------------
QUOTE (sve knjige svijeta @ Sep 23 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Whoever wants to be the guy who makes a game about a black man wielding a chain-gun, mowing down white-people, go right ahead.
Achievements

+Quote Post
iSpyware
post May 18 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 16 2009, 04:05 PM) [snapback]1502339[/snapback]

I'm terrible with computers and not embarrassed to admit it so I actually find this thread helpful.

Maybe instead of paying for a GTA forum you could be one of the ten chav scum you see that actually graduates a basic community college UK?

Everything Mad Space Ghost wrote is wrong and a simple wikipedia search would educate you better than reading this garbage.

Basic knowledge from MIT for free can teach you more than some idiot spreading misinformation.

--------------------
OMG SO KAWAII ^____^
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 18 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #10

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(iSpyware @ May 18 2009, 05:51 AM) [snapback]1502617[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 16 2009, 04:05 PM) [snapback]1502339[/snapback]

Maybe instead of paying for a GTA forum you could be one of the ten chav scum you see that actually graduates a basic community college UK?

Everything Mad Space Ghost wrote is wrong and a simple wikipedia search would educate you better than reading this garbage.

Basic knowledge from MIT for free can teach you more than some idiot spreading misinformation.

There is nothing I hate more than some snot nosed little shit like you thinking they know everything and presuming others are uneducated scum.
That is by far the most insulting thing I have ever heard but what makes it more insulting is that you actually mean it.
If only you knew me, shame on you.

Are you one of those people that get themselves a degree then go through life telling everyone you've got it but in fact have no clue about real life?
Some people like myself went to the school of life, think about that it may help you become streetwise one day.

This post has been edited by marney1: May 18 2009, 05:42 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
iSpyware
post May 18 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 18 2009, 01:03 AM) [snapback]1502620[/snapback]
There is nothing I hate more than some snot nosed little shit like you thinking they know everything and presuming others are uneducated scum.
That is by far the most insulting thing I have ever heard but what makes it more insulting is that you actually mean it.
If only you knew me, shame on you.

Are you one of those people that get themselves a degree then go through life telling everyone you've got it but in fact have no clue about real life?
Some people like myself went to the school of life, think about that it may help you become streetwise one day.

I don't have my MS yet, so no, I don't. Since you come from the school of life, I will help you.

CPU

CPU stands for central processing unit! Its the brain power behind your computer and such its also called a processor and shit there is other types of processors such a GPU (graphics processing unit) but we'll get into that later. When considering buying its useful to know how many cores and its clock speed in GHz (gigahertz), for example, mine is a Intel (brand) Core 2 duo (basically saying its dual core or two cores) when you have multiple cores your computer recognizes the two cores and two independent CPUs because each core handles data that is given to it. As i was saying i have a intel core 2 duo clocked at 2.53 GHz the rule of thumb is the higher the clock speed the faster the CPU can read and write and shit like that.

RAM

RAM also known as Random Access Memory is the memory that your computer uses to temporarily store data on the go. It stores it there just long enough to access the string of binary or w/e later on to refer to. Theres 2 types of RAM now-a-days! DDR2 is becoming rather outdated but still used while it uses more power than DDR3 and takes longer its 'kay. DDR3 uses less power, is faster, and generally all around more 1337 the only downfall is you need a motherboard (like everything else) that supports it, etc, etc. The more RAM you have the better off you are because the more on the go memory your computer has to store shit to, BUT if you have over 2 (or maybe its 3) GB (gigabytes) of RAM then to fully utilize that RAM you'd have to have a x64 Bit OS (operation system) for example windows XP professional x64 or windows vista x64 bit ultimate.

Hard drive

Hard drives is where your computer stores data long term (and i mean long term the data can be recovered even after its deleted even from your recycle bin). The rule of thumb being the bigger your hard drive the bigger your penis, i mean storage space. Theirs diffrent types of hard drives and diffrent speeds at which they tranfer data and such i dont really know much about that but i will research and add to this later. Theirs also portable hard drives and flash drives (USB sticks) that can be used as on the go storage space.

Operating Systems

Aight den black people ima change dis shit up right quick seen? Operating Systems act as a means for the user (you) to have a graphical interface to communicate with the hardware of your computer. A (good) operating system supports the basic I/O (input/output) hardware such as mouse and a keyboard. Theres diffrent types of operating systems such as 32 bit and 64bit the main diffrence is 32 has compatibility with alot of programs 64 bit is shit when talking about compatibilty BUT 64 bit supports more RAM and makes a CPU with 64 bit architechture more efficent whereas 32 bit only supports up to like 2 or 3 GB of RAM. Not only does an OS do all of this is also indexes files on the hard drive and allows a user to access that information later on when needed and the OS also provides compatibilty with programs for that user to use.

everything i bolded is wrong

This post has been edited by iSpyware: May 18 2009, 06:09 AM

--------------------
OMG SO KAWAII ^____^
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post May 18 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #12

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Actually, what he said about 64bit supporting more RAM is 100% true
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 09:53 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4