Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stunt Jump trouble
satchboogie
post May 12 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,691

I'm working on finishing that last bits of the game to get to 100% and there is a stunt jump that I can't seem to get credit for. It's the jump in Alderney where you have to jump over the helicopter by the docks (on top of the booth tunnel). I jump it with the NRG900 and clear the heli and land in the water a good 50 feet past the heli pad, but it keeps saying "not good enough". Do I need a car, or do I have to land on the dock, or what?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post May 12 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 39,882

QUOTE(satchboogie @ May 11 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1434257[/snapback]
I'm working on finishing that last bits of the game to get to 100% and there is a stunt jump that I can't seem to get credit for. It's the jump in Alderney where you have to jump over the helicopter by the docks (on top of the booth tunnel). I jump it with the NRG900 and clear the heli and land in the water a good 50 feet past the heli pad, but it keeps saying "not good enough". Do I need a car, or do I have to land on the dock, or what?

You need to land on the helipad... Start at the end of the tunnel. Don't get to much speed, and you'll land right on it. I used a Blista Compact to do that one. I got all Unique stunt jumps done if you need any more help just ask.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
Canadianbacon123
post May 12 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,475
XBL Gamertag: Lockdown12345

all the ones i've found so far I just go balls to the wall when I hit them lol

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post May 12 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(Canadianbacon123 @ May 11 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1434280[/snapback]
all the ones i've found so far I just go balls to the wall when I hit them lol

I did too. Except this one you need the right timing, and the Right speed for it... Not the top speed. Its kind of a challenge to do it. it took me about 3 tries.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
lunasea
post May 12 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,587

can anyone help me out with the one thats on the first island. like in the middle just west of the middle of the airport where are you supposed to land that jump? right down at the bottom at the intersection?

--------------------
Some days its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post May 12 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(lunasea @ May 12 2008, 02:21 AM) [snapback]1434379[/snapback]
can anyone help me out with the one thats on the first island. like in the middle just west of the middle of the airport where are you supposed to land that jump? right down at the bottom at the intersection?

what are you having trouble with?

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
lunasea
post May 12 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,587

well from what I remember from my head you travel south then jump from one of those skip/dumpster type jumps and you fly over the off ramp to the free way and usualy i hit a tree or some time you can get all the way down into the intersection below but even so it says i havent compleated it each time.

--------------------
Some days its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post May 12 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(lunasea @ May 12 2008, 03:22 AM) [snapback]1434388[/snapback]
well from what I remember from my head you travel south then jump from one of those skip/dumpster type jumps and you fly over the off ramp to the free way and usualy i hit a tree or some time you can get all the way down into the intersection below but even so it says i havent compleated it each time.

Are you using the NRG 900?

I used that for every jump and i got them on the first try except the helipad one. that one took a couple tries.

Goto the corner of Lehmi St. And Sacramento Ave in Alderney. its kinda up north. There's a NRG 900 Dealership there.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
GutsAndGlory
post May 23 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,034

You need to land on the helipad... Start at the end of the tunnel. Don't get to much speed, and you'll land right on it. I used a Blista Compact to do that one. I got all Unique stunt jumps done if you need any more help just ask.
[/quote]

i need help with the ones circled in red the dots i have already done. the one on algonquin is the one where you jump from the police station and you get 4 stars for going in, the stunt cam never activates and the other one you jump from the freeway but its never good enough! is there somewhere im sposed to land?

This post has been edited by GutsAndGlory: May 23 2008, 02:19 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Aspie
post May 24 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,053

I was also having trouble with the jump from the freeway in Alderney. If you look at your map I was driving up from the left and taking the jump out to the right. You should driving up north and drive down and take the jump south. So long as you have plenty of speed you should do it
Achievements

+Quote Post
GutsAndGlory
post May 24 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,034

QUOTE(Aspie @ May 24 2008, 01:40 AM) [snapback]1440626[/snapback]
I was also having trouble with the jump from the freeway in Alderney. If you look at your map I was driving up from the left and taking the jump out to the right. You should driving up north and drive down and take the jump south. So long as you have plenty of speed you should do it

yeah i have been doing the same thing but whenever i try from the other direction the stunt cam never initiates. but ill try again
Achievements

+Quote Post
illdflue
post Jan 25 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 47,409

i got one last jump, but i cant seem to find it. i lost my count in the progrfess, seems like i hawe to do all the jumps ower agin to find the missing link. Any adwise GutsAndGlory?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Feb 3 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE(BioSphere @ May 12 2008, 02:01 AM) [snapback]1434278[/snapback]
QUOTE(satchboogie @ May 11 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1434257[/snapback]

I recently completed all my jumps, so...actually you don't need to land on the helipad. You don't even have too make any contact with the pad or the copter. I got this jump by jumping over them and landing in water, a few meters past the helipad.
Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Feb 9 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,125

My biggest nightmatres were the ones where we have to jump off the freeway that is a bridge. Man, those were so annoying. Traffic kept getting in the way and when I did land I kept hitting the wrong area. I never thought I'd pass them. Well, the book is re-opened for me because I first passed GTA 4 as the XBox 360 version and I'm playing the PS3 version now so I have to re-live the odd annoying parts. Never mind, it's all in good faith and I have to fuck-up loads of times again while performing those stunts before victory.

This post has been edited by WHERE_IS_MIANUS: Feb 9 2009, 02:53 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 04:16 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4