> Avatar, movie, December 2009
DonkeyTits
post Dec 18 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Clepto
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Just saw an opening show. Overall, was an above-average movie. Good, entertaining. Visually-as most could predict-it was spectacular. The visuals in some scenes were so good I got chills. The story was simple but well laid out. Character development was strong, and an emotional connection was established. The whole movie was very fluid and there weren't any slow spots (which is epic, considering it was about 2.5 hours long). There were a few (small) bad parts that I won't mention, for they were negligible, and not movie-killers.

I recommend the movie to others.

p.s. I saw it in 3D.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 18 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

It looked pretty epic. My friends saw the trailer, noticed the giant walkers and turned to me expecting me me to say something like, "That looks fucking amazing!" But I really want to se it just because it looks like a good blend of action and story.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 18 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I'm watching this at the IMAX in London Just after New Year biggrin.gif I heard that the 3d works really well in this film, and doesn't just look like three or four 2d layers slapped in front of each other.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Dec 18 2009, 02:06 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 18 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #4

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 18 2009, 08:57 AM) *
I'm watching this at the IMAX in London Just after New Year biggrin.gif I heard that the 3d works really well in this film, and doesn't just look like three or four 2d layers slapped in front of each other.

I should give that a try to. I know of a few Imax theatres in the GTA.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 18 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #5

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

not really interested to be honest... lots of people are but, the story looks boring to me...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DonkeyTits
post Dec 18 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Clepto
Group Icon

People aren't seeing this for the story.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 19 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #7

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Correct. They're seeing it for the hot blue women in loincloths.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 19 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #8

i don't want to sit there for 2 and half hours if there isn't a story... plus, i'm sick of theaters playing 3D only, which forces you to spend a few more $$$ on tickets... my theater already charges $8 a movie... for 3D they charge $12... i'm better off just renting it through netflix when it hits DVD...

visual effects don't make a movie IMO...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 21 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

My wife wants to see this. I could care less. South Park did a better version of it, I'm sure.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/255337

You just saved $20 on a night at the movies.

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Dec 21 2009, 02:13 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 22 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #10

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

I saw it at Regency before noon and only paid $7.50, good deal. Saw it in 3D. Movie was deece, acting wasn't very new to me so that bothered me as I didn't care about any of the characters... the floating mountains are cool. As well as the vegetation. The crying was over the top though, no joke.

Overall I can't stop thinking about the acting. Too bad. I don't regret watching it though.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 22 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #11

Boss
Group Icon

I'll wait for the DVD.
Achievements

+Quote Post
b1b23
post Dec 23 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 29,584

Special effects were fucking amazing. Good story as well. A good movie to say the least.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zacko
post Dec 24 2009, 03:33 AM
Post #13

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

So infuriating that we don't have an IMAX or anything down here, really wanna see this but I don't want to settle for a shitty cinema.

Oh well...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Inkace
post Dec 24 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 57,257

Seems like yet another hyped up CGI dependent flick.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DonkeyTits
post Dec 24 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #15

Clepto
Group Icon

Which got really good reviews.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Dec 24 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #16

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

I got head after seeing it. Should I be thinking of that blue chick?

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 24 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #17

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I would.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 28 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #18

Boss
Group Icon

I saw the movie this weekend in 3D. It really blew my mind. The special effects are amazing. The "acting" was wonderful too. Probably going to see it again before it's out of theaters, and I RARELY EVER do that.

Blue chick was way hot too.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 28 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #19

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

They interviewed James Cameron on G4, and he said when they were designing, uh, whatever the blue things are called, they had a bunch of weird ideas they ended up scrapping because they decided that the girl had to be fuckable. They succeeded.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 28 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #20

fuckable? lol... whatever... i don't think she even looks good... they should of never CGI'd up the original beauty of the actress playing that role... now, she is fuckable... not this blue mermaid...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 04:44 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4