IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HARDCORE GTA players, no guides, no cheats...
istealkegs
post Jan 23 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,227

So, I was just wondering... is there any one else on this site who is/has tried to complete this game 100% on their own?

Since day 1, I have been trying to get 100% completion without using any guides, or cheats, or anything of the sorts... I am starting to get very frustrated though, as it is seemingly impossible to accomplish this...

This is the way I have played all of the previous GTAs (with the exception of SA, I couldn't get into that one), and sadly, I never achieved 100% completion. Although VC I came pretty close at somewhere around 98ish%...

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that shares my pain... or does everyone just use guides?

For those who care, I am currently at 93.33%
I have 78 pigeons left to find.
I have 2 stunt jumps left to find.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 23 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

I tried to do the pigeons on my own but gave up after Bohan and northern Algonquin. Using the map on the in-game internet was just too much of a pain in my ass.

After using a guide for that, it was all downhill from there to find the stuntjumps and I used a guide once for one of Stevie's cars. Other than that I haven't cheated once (a first for me) and all the missions I did on my own. Oh, and I'm using Psy's 100% checklist if that counts but started that only a few days ago just to finish the game.

I'm at 86.something% basically just got a few more Stevie cars and Brucie's races plus a few other minor things.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Jan 23 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,934

It's definitly possible to randomly discover the last 2 jumps. You may well ahve done the jumps but at the wrong angle etc. so that the unique stunt slow motion camera didn't trigger.

As for the Pigeons... good luck. I find it hard to belive that anyone could find all of them on their own.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
istealkegs
post Jan 26 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(TreeFitty @ Jan 23 2009, 12:59 PM) [snapback]1480392[/snapback]
I tried to do the pigeons on my own but gave up after Bohan and northern Algonquin. Using the map on the in-game internet was just too much of a pain in my ass.

o man... im not even using the ingame internet map for anything...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Jan 26 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

QUOTE(istealkegs @ Jan 23 2009, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1480363[/snapback]
So, I was just wondering... is there any one else on this site who is/has tried to complete this game 100% on their own?

Since day 1, I have been trying to get 100% completion without using any guides, or cheats, or anything of the sorts... I am starting to get very frustrated though, as it is seemingly impossible to accomplish this...

This is the way I have played all of the previous GTAs (with the exception of SA, I couldn't get into that one), and sadly, I never achieved 100% completion. Although VC I came pretty close at somewhere around 98ish%...

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that shares my pain... or does everyone just use guides?

Well good luck. There are several pigeons that cannot be seen from ground or roof level. The only want to kill them is to throw a grenade or molotov into a window. There is also one that can only be reached from sea while standing on top of a boat at a certain distance.

Pretty much impossible without the guide if you ask me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
RomanBellic
post Jan 27 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,510

no way it would be impossible to find the pigeons imo.

This post has been edited by RomanBellic: Jan 27 2009, 02:31 AM

--------------------
Grand Theft Auto III 96% completed
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 99% completed
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 100% completed
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories 54% completed
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories 100% completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
george c
post Jan 27 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,275

QUOTE(istealkegs @ Jan 23 2009, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1480363[/snapback]

I got all the stunt jumps and 179 of the pigeons without guides, I had everything else in the game done- I only used guides for the last 21 pigeons
Achievements

+Quote Post
istealkegs
post Jan 27 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(george c @ Jan 27 2009, 11:03 AM) [snapback]1480862[/snapback]
I got all the stunt jumps and 179 of the pigeons without guides, I had everything else in the game done- I only used guides for the last 21 pigeons

damn dude... how many hours were you at when you started using the guide?
Achievements

+Quote Post
ThomasH
post Feb 3 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #9

Vandal

Member No.: 39,727

Yeah that's hardcore.

Do you just look everywhere in the map?
All the little places where you never come?

In some ways I'm a hardcore player, I don't use guides for missions or looking where healt-packs/weapons are accros the map.
But for the pigeons I'm gonna use a map for sure. ^^

I do think it gives you a more satisfied feeling, but it takes A LOT of time biggrin.gif

Maybe I'll do a run trough Vice City some time, and try to get the hidden packages without guides. lol.gif

This post has been edited by W1ckeD: Feb 3 2009, 09:59 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 3 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #10

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

There's no way I would even TRY to get the pigeons or stuntjumps without the guide. I just don't have the time to waste driving around. Even with the guide it still takes a shitton of time. Still working on both of these and I have like 3 sets of guides/maps in a folder by my 360 labeled "GTA".
Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Feb 3 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Jan 27 2009, 02:28 AM) [snapback]1480810[/snapback]
no way it would be impossible to find the pigeons imo.

Well I supposed if you have no life then you could do it, because it would take well over 100 hours of searching to find the pigeons that I talked about previously. The pigeon in the window would have to be found by sheer coincidence and the one out in the water could only be found if you just happened to be the correct distance from land and just happened to be standing on the roof of a big boat and just happened to be aiming a sniper rifle at a little window in a boat bay.

Not impossible? Then someone doesn't have a life.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Vastet
post May 13 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 52,090

If they designed the system in a way so that you could get everything on street level, then I'd go ahead & try jumps/packages without a guide. But they are designed so that you can be standing on a jump/package and still not see it. There's what, 300 different levels of height? And the in game map is too inspecific, at least for the pigeons. I wouldn't believe someone found all the pigeons without assistance of any kind. Not even if they had a thousand hours on their save file. Same goes for San Andreas. GTA III & VC it was possible, probably the "Stories" games too. No longer.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post May 14 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #13

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

Seriously, its not worth the bother. Not going to get 100 even with guides. I did beat the storyline 4 times though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 11:12 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4