> Halo: Reach, 9.14.10
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 30 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I know this site is dominated by PS3 whores, but for the few of us playing 360, who is going to be picking this up? I've already preordered the game. Looks very good and after playing the Beta, I am looking forward to this very much.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 2 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #2

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

This is Bungie's final Halo game. Hopefully, whatever company they pass the franchise off to will do a shit job on the next game (even more so than what Bungie has done for the past nine years), and we can finally let this blight on gaming culture die the silent, lonely death it deserves...

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 2 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 1 2010, 11:49 PM) *
This is Bungie's final Halo game. Hopefully, whatever company they pass the franchise off to will do a shit job on the next game (even more so than what Bungie has done for the past nine years), and we can finally let this blight on gaming culture die the silent, lonely death it deserves...

I forgot that hating Halo was cool.

Have you even played any of the recent Halo games? I'm not a total Halo fanboy, but I do enjoy the gameplay much more than Call of Duty or many other FPS. I'd say it's my favorite FPS. I can't say I'm big into the story of Halo, I never played Halo or Halo 2 - I got into Halo 3 mostly because my stoner buddies would be rocking out the multiplayer all the time. It reminded me a lot of the Goldeneye/Timesplitters style FPS. I didn't even own a copy of Halo 3 until Christmas of '08, but I really got sucked in to the game.

The campaign of Halo 3 was pretty good, and it was awesome to be able to playthrough in co-op. That was my first ENJOYABLE online campaign co-op experience. But the big draw for me was the multiplayer. Sure there is always some kid screaming in their mic, but they are muteable. I enjoy the team based deathmatches and capture the flag, etc.

I enjoyed ODST as well, the storyline was pretty decent and executed well. I wanted to like their version of Horde mode, Firefight, but organizing a game online was like pulling teeth and without any matchmaking, it kind of sucked.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to Reach, especially after getting to play the Beta a few months back. The multiplayer looks much more exciting, plus the campaign looks great, much more epic that the past few games. The campaigns have drop-in/drop-out co-op and the Firefight now has matchmaking. Tons of improvements, plus a more "mainstream" multiplayer ranking system that is more in touch with Call of Duty (and even Red Dead Redemption's MP ranking system).

I'm really looking forward to it. I am glad it will be the last game as well though.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 2 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I do actually like Halo as a PS3 owner, it's the only franchise i would ever consider getting a 360 for tbh. But, I'm fucked off about the way they've advertised this game. Non of it is in-game graphics, it's completely false advertisement... i really wish they weren't aloud to do that, because if i owned a 360, i would have been influenced and duped into buying it based on the cinematics.

in-game:

ad:

That's a big difference, and they don't even show one bit of in-game footage...

Rant over. Sorry it was mostly negative, but i hate it when things are made out to be something it isn't. Plus i have seen the advert on TV about 10 times in one day, which makes it worse.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 2 2010, 02:06 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 2 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

I can't really defend marketing - but pretty much every videogame commercial I have ever seen offers CGI footage as opposed to in-game footage. I doubt you were following the site, but they have released a few CGI commercials that kind of lead up to that one, all without significant action or any ingame footage. Not sure what the marketing strategy was behind it, but I think it's a good advert. First time I saw it, I thought it was extremely powerful. Horrendous repetition would really take a lot away from it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 2 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Don't get me wrong, i loved that trailer, but that is not how awesome the game will be in reality. I'm sure the Halo film will look as epic as that trailer did once they finally make it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 3 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #7

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 2 2010, 09:50 AM) *
I forgot that hating Halo was cool.

Have you even played any of the recent Halo games?

I've hated Halo 2 since it overshadowed San Andreas in 2004 and the hatred just carried on to the rest of the franchise. I hated Metal Gear Solid 3 for the same reason, but I don't even acknowlesge MGS any more, I don't care what kind of attention they give it.

I played the first two games, but never finished or owned either of them. I wasn't impressed or entertained, and I doubt a few more hours of playing would have changed that. Most games in any given genre nowadays are pretty much the same thing, but it's especially bad with FPS's, which is why Borderlands is the only FPS I've played from start to finish since Goldeneye. The only thing I could possibly be entertained by in Halo would be multiplayer, and I don't get online enough to warrant buying it, which is why Call of Duty is equally worthless to me.

I don't know what Halo 3 and ODST are like, but I doubt they're much different from 1 and 2. There's no way these games are worthy of their hype, and I'm sick of seeing them getting 10- and 15-page articles in gaming magazines and seeing their brightly-colored ads blocking off the website I'm viewing or hearing that telltale song that indicates that the commercial for the new game is on my TV for the 20th time today. I don't give shit how many of you like Halo. I saw this topic at the end of yet another long day of being barraged by Halo and I needed to get it off my chest.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 3 2010, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Boss
Group Icon

Sounds like you need to play Halo 3 and stop being so petty. And get online more.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 3 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #9

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i've played halo 2 and 3 and i wasn't impressed either... it looks cartoonish... the controls are decent but, the story sucked balls... there's nothing innovative about it either, it's just another FPS that is hyped to death by microsoft... and don't get me started on the multiplayer... i've play it with friends and again, it's nothing innovative yet, everyone claims the multiplayer changed everything... i disagree, goldeneye's multiplayer changed everything...

the games might be decent but, they are not nearly worth the amount of praise and hype it gets... it's just another typical FPS...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Sep 14 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #10

Clepto

Group: Members
Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

I've always liked the Halo series...Halo:Combat Evolved blew my mind, two was better...and I really didn't get to play much 3. The story is interesting to me.
I may get this title, but I feel like there will be a bunch of Online achievements and I hate those...because I don't feel like trying for 3 years to get an achievement for being the most badass mother fucker by hold the number one spot for 300 consecutive games without turning off the console. That shit bothers me. My online skills are mediocre at best, which is my fault I know...the main thing is when there are 50 achievements on a game, and 40 are online...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 14 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #11

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Sep 14 2010, 03:13 PM) *
I've always liked the Halo series...Halo:Combat Evolved blew my mind, two was better...and I really didn't get to play much 3. The story is interesting to me.
I may get this title, but I feel like there will be a bunch of Online achievements and I hate those...because I don't feel like trying for 3 years to get an achievement for being the most badass mother fucker by hold the number one spot for 300 consecutive games without turning off the console. That shit bothers me. My online skills are mediocre at best, which is my fault I know...the main thing is when there are 50 achievements on a game, and 40 are online...

i hated that about R*'s GTAIV... not only were there online trophies but, some of them were goddamn impossible to pull off... no way was i going to play for 30 hours straight, exchanging wins with a buddy on ALL multiplayer modes and races, just to make sure the servers saved the data... WTF...

...or the damn "create an 8-man posse" trophy in RDR... never once have i been able to get 8 people to play together at the same time, especially when the few that are totally down for doing it keep getting booted out of the game... fuck that...

i wanted to get the platinum trophies for both games so bad but, it ain't going to happen with R*'s buggy ass online system...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Sep 14 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #12

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

I will buy it later in the year, even though I know I will hate it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 15 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #13

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Sep 14 2010, 03:13 PM) *

Actually, there are only a few straight multiplayer achievements, and they're fairly easy to achieve - mostly for getting kill streaks. Most of the achievements are tied to the campaign. Some of them are tied to the Firefight mode, but apparently those can be earned quickly through some grinding through waves of enemies, with invincibility on, while collecting a bonus for each kill.

Honestly, the most difficult achievement is going to be playing through on Legendary Solo. Other than that, it's a pretty good list. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ha...h/achievements/

Achievements aside, the game is FUCKING INCREDIBLE. Every aspect of the game has been refined for the ultimate FPS gaming experience.

The campaign setting is phenomenal. It basically takes you through the entire invasion of the planet. Things go from lush, green cities in the earlier missions to a bombed out wasteland in the later ones as the invasion continues. The entire game is more class-based. The missions have a Call of Duty feel to them - very cinematic and very plot heavy. One opening cutscene to a mission has you and the Noble Six Sniper moving along a cliff ledge which was very reminiscent of the cutscene in MW2 where they scale the mountain cliff (minus the ice pick climbing). Anyway, that's really the only CoD reference I'll make, atleast until I start discussing the MP. I played through the first five levels last night, made it all the way to the mission where you launch into space. I was way too tired to give the aerial portion of the game the attention it deserved so I called it a night.

For the levels I did play, they were very large and very detailed. Very immersive. I can see myself playing through the campaign multiple times, just to further explore the levels more. There is so much going on - you're literally in the middle of a war. You can see battles going on all around you. You're mostly fighting with a platoon of humans or other Spartans and it makes for a different gaming experience than the "Lone Wolf" gameplay of the first Halo campaigns.

The multiplayer is great. There are countless variations of multiplayer games to choose from. Team Slayer has always been my favorite and Reach does it so well. In the matchmaking lobby, the players can pretty much vote for whichever game type and map they want - which allows you to get more games of your liking. Also, most games feature the loadout options, where you can select the Armor ability of your choice (Sprint, Jetpack, Hologram, Invisibility, and Shield) which totally mixes up the gameplay and adds a whole new level of strategy to the game. The XP system has been replaced with a Credit system that allows for upgrades on Armor Customization as well as the leveling up.

The controls are smooth and can be catered to your style of play. Let's say you're more used to a modern military FPS... there is a controller layout that will make you feel at home.

It's a great game. One of the best FPS I've ever played, hands down. Haters can suck a dick.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:47 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4