Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Undead Nightmare, extremely hard challenges?, Minor spoilers i guess
Kuwong
post Nov 28 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Anyone else find these challenges stupidly hard? I mean, I had enough trouble with blowing up two zombies from a retchers death, then I'm told to go kill three zombie bears, five zombie wolves, three zombie cougars, with a torch.

a torch.

Zombie bears and cougars. with a torch. Yeah. At this point, I gave up with wanting to get 100%, as I was raging pretty hard from how long it took to complete the rank three undead hunter (exploding retcher). What really annoys me is how you can't do anything else unless you complete the undead hunter challenge. I've read until you get to rank five of it, the chupucabra won't appear, and the unicorn won't appear either until you kill the chupucabra. So I can't see some of the fun stuff/get achievements until I've done one set of challenges!

No thanks rockstar. Maybe when I'm really bored.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DiO
post Nov 28 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #2

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

I did the bears and courger while on a dead horse. They take a lot of damage. If you have the mythic horse pestilence it shouldnt be hard cause he is pretty much invincible.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 29 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Christ. This thread is just putting me off even more from playing Undead Nightmare. It was hard enough the first thirty minutes of regular gameplay.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Nov 29 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #4

Pickpocket

Yeah it was/is quite hard. I raged a lot at getting thrown off the horse by those damn zombies. I'm not afraid to admit I switched the aiming mode to casual, which always aims at the head in undead Nightmare. It made the game more enjoyable and less of a rage fest for me. Although even then, I still came close to death a fair few times, and did die and have to reload on a few occasions.

This post has been edited by Kuwong: Nov 29 2010, 04:28 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 29 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Perhaps I need to do that. Is it automatically set for difficult or manual?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Nov 29 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #6

Pickpocket

I think it carries over from the settings you used in Red Dead Redemption. Or so I thought. Mine was set to normal anyway, which is the middle setting. Could be the default setting to be honest.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Nov 30 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #7

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I found Rank 3 of the hunter challenge quite difficult... I think it must be glitched because others have had major problems with it as well. I must have 'completed' it 20 times before I decided to see what restarting my console would do, and lo and behold it worked first time.

Killing the bears with a torch is easy. They have so little health compared to the normal bears you just batter them once and run round in circles in Tall Trees until you end up chasing it. Then hit it a couple more times and it'll keel over. The problem I'm having is that I can't find two more fucking cougars.

I've found the undead sharpshooter challenges quite fun so far.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Nov 30 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #8

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Nov 30 2010, 04:38 PM) *
I found Rank 3 of the hunter challenge quite difficult... I think it must be glitched because others have had major problems with it as well. I must have 'completed' it 20 times before I decided to see what restarting my console would do, and lo and behold it worked first time.

Killing the bears with a torch is easy. They have so little health compared to the normal bears you just batter them once and run round in circles in Tall Trees until you end up chasing it. Then hit it a couple more times and it'll keel over. The problem I'm having is that I can't find two more fucking cougars.

I can't find all types of zombies close enough together to kill them all in one dead eye. fucking gay.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Nov 30 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #9

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (David VanEpps @ Nov 30 2010, 09:42 PM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Nov 30 2010, 04:38 PM) *

I can't find all types of zombies close enough together to kill them all in one dead eye. fucking gay.

If you sit on one of the cannon towers at El Presidio the zombies spawn right in front of you outside the gates (when you turn the camera away). Just wait until you see four different types in shot and use one of the Repeaters to take them all down.

The ones that run towards you (forgotten their name) look quite similar to the normal undead when they aren't attacking you so they're easily mistaken. The normal undead walk upright, the other ones have a slight hunch. See those two, a big guy, and a glowing guy, hit dead eye and blow them away.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:11 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4