Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (Oh Dear God! GOOBER! @ Sep 27 2009, 02:45 PM) *
QUOTE (§ynch @ Sep 26 2009, 12:57 PM) *
especially against the Deathclaws in the Old Olney part of the mission.

I was just assigned that task. That's gonna fucking suck.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 28 2009, 04:39 AM
Post #102

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I've originally got it for the ps3 and then got the xbox360 version for the dlc and have been playing that...

So far, the xbox360 version is a lot harder (maybe i had hte settings different) and also, a lot buggier.. there seems to be a lot of clipping issues i never had w/ the ps3 version. So after i play through fallout, i'll go ahead and buy all the DLC's ....

The game is very different a second time around, for example, this time i got the "radiation regeneration perk" for doing something for whats her fuck, last time, i didn't. Also, last time i killed that lady for the bar owner, and it didn't work out for me the way i remember, it, but this time i told her to give me some caps and i'd leave her alone, she gave me 300 and i only had to give the bar owner 100 so i made out. biggrin.gif

I got my house a lot faster too this time biggrin.gif

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 28 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #103

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

beat the DLC last night... man, i just had a hard time dealing with those reavers in the presidential metro... haven't ran into any since but, i think i am gonna start carrying a gatling laser for sure... i didn't find the alien blaster or the unique flamers or incinerators... but then again, i didn't spend too much time exploring... this current file is merely a tool for playing the DLC's as a good person... my evil character will probably do a little more exploring but, i might just leave the exploring for my final 3rd character... i didn't really care to get any of the unique items from broken steel... the hellfire armor is pretty cool but, that's about it... the level 30 cap, more perks, tougher enemies, and a non-ending story were the main reasons for broken steel... the unique items are abundant in the other DLC's, and that's where i'll make sure to get them...

that was a pretty tough battle in adam's air force base... i found myself using lots of stimpacks and running for cover a lot... the battles took a while to finish too... the hellfire troopers mixed in with enclave soldiers makes the battles much tougher... not to mention the few times they threw in a sentrybot with these battles on top of the crawler... fucking christ, is this what i am in store for when it comes to point lookout and mothership zeta?? laugh.gif... they definitely upped the difficulty with broken steel for sure...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 28 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #104

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 28 2009, 11:23 AM) *
beat the DLC last night... man, i just had a hard time dealing with those reavers in the presidential metro... haven't ran into any since but, i think i am gonna start carrying a gatling laser for sure... i didn't find the alien blaster or the unique flamers or incinerators... but then again, i didn't spend too much time exploring... this current file is merely a tool for playing the DLC's as a good person... my evil character will probably do a little more exploring but, i might just leave the exploring for my final 3rd character... i didn't really care to get any of the unique items from broken steel... the hellfire armor is pretty cool but, that's about it... the level 30 cap, more perks, tougher enemies, and a non-ending story were the main reasons for broken steel... the unique items are abundant in the other DLC's, and that's where i'll make sure to get them...

that was a pretty tough battle in adam's air force base... i found myself using lots of stimpacks and running for cover a lot... the battles took a while to finish too... the hellfire troopers mixed in with enclave soldiers makes the battles much tougher... not to mention the few times they threw in a sentrybot with these battles on top of the crawler... fucking christ, is this what i am in store for when it comes to point lookout and mothership zeta?? laugh.gif... they definitely upped the difficulty with broken steel for sure...

Nice going on finishing your first time. smile.gif

I disabled those sentry bots. AFB was good fighting, disable or sniping the turrets, taking out enclave.
The celebration cut scenes were epic I thought. I had grabbed all the stuff from the crawler and stashed
it in the enclave crates just outside. Slowly going back in for more each time, and taking out more
enclave as well. Another thing that really helped was the descrambler that the scribe gave you. The
caged deathclaws inside AFB were green if you were carrying that device, and if you let them out, they
help take out more enclave. Of course the Tesla Cannon rocked the hizow blowing up vertibirds.

On your next play through bOnEs, try to grab the rare items, the alien blaster and ammo in the armory.
The armory master and his bots need to be taken out and he has the composite recon helmet and the
precision gatling laser which kicks major ass against the reavers, overlords, and albinos.

If you blew up the crawler, don't forget to go back to the Jefferson Memorial for 3 more side quests.
One of them you will love on your evil file. Also go get the love letter from the presidential metro
tunnels, and take that to the hotel where Lug-Nut's brother Lag-Bolt, is waiting for you.

You'll notice new sights in various places in the wasteland now, some in downtown, over at Jury Metro,
even at Evergreen Mills. It's all about the water. There is a ton of it stashed around the Citadel as well.
Man, it was awesome to swim in the basin, rad-free, like a beautiful ending to a horrible story.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 28 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #105

yea, i have like 200 aqua pura's now laugh.gif... tons of them lying around everywhere... i just finished the side quests which means i have lots of aqua cura and holy water as well... while they were short quests, they were still good... i haven't been to the place lag-bolt is at yet... i did find the love letter in the metro's though but, i haven't made it out that way yet... i could always use more leopard-skinned lingerie biggrin.gif...

talked to rothchild and tristan about the liberty prime reconstruction and super mutant blood samples so, there's more money to be made... other than that, i think i've done pretty much all of the DLC... i haven't done all of the exploring and collecting unique items of course but, i've pretty much seen and done everything...

bring on operation anchorage and the pitt, please biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Sep 29 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #106

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

i considered buing the broken steel dlc the other night off the PS store, but being at £8 it sort of put me off. but when I looked on play.com today the GOTY version only costs £32 with all the dlc. I just cant understand why its so cheap with all the content bundled.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 29 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #107

it's only a deal for those who don't have the original game... i save $10 buy purchasing them off the PSN...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 30 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #108

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 28 2009, 04:37 PM) *
talked to rothchild and tristan about the liberty prime reconstruction and super mutant blood samples so, there's more money to be made... other than that, i think i've done pretty much all of the DLC... i haven't done all of the exploring and collecting unique items of course but, i've pretty much seen and done everything...
L0L @ 200 aqua-puras....those things get heavy...

Yup there is only Rockland, the Wilson building,
AAFB, the aqua-cura warehouse, and the holy water
cult house basement. L0L @ "Atom's Champion".
Technically, no rooms are new, in the Jefferson Memorial.
As a matter of fact all the other passages downstairs now locked.
The escape hatch has a piece of machinery blocking it, one of
those weird vacuum cleaner looking machines.

I made about 30K in caps just from the AAFB area,
but that included like a million knives, forks, and spoons,
there was so much of everything inside that crawler.
Maybe that's why they had so many work benches.
Always a good idea to convert that misc stuff to home mades.
Not to mention all the rare items, were totally cool.

Rothchild and Tristan you can make bank off of.
Take 100 cameras to Rothchild, awesome. The better one
is the mutant blood samples because there is no shortage.
If you want to see a gang of mutants including overlords,
fast travel to cliffside shacks, ready to fight.

I usually make runs all in one area, after saving up stuff;
to the Citadel to sell blood samples, cameras, and holotags.
Then near there sell pre-war books which there is now more of, just
like the cameras, quantums, and teddy bears. Then go behind Arlington
Library to the boat and cruise to Point Lookout to make my moonshine money.
Sometimes take rare weapons to the 100% repair trader guy.

Hey bOnEs there is one other detail after Broken Steel.....
Go to Fort Constantine where the Talon Commander is.
If you have already killed him, not much will happen.
However if he is alive, there should be a BoS being held
captive in one of the tents. Free him and a war will escalate
between the Talons including Commander Jabsco, and the
arriving BoS soldiers. I killed Jabsco prior so I never got that.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DonkeyTits
post Sep 30 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #109

Clepto
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

What do you guys think are the best perks to have? I.e. stamina, weapons, intelligence, etc. Anyone notice a huge swing in gameplay one way or another?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 30 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #110

@synch - i think you mean fort bannister laugh.gif... yea, i'll have to check that out one day... sounds like something new to see biggrin.gif...

@donkeytits - weapon perks are the best to get, especially early in the game... weapons are the most important feature in fallout 3 and anything you can do to improve your gun play, the better you'll be in the wastes... get perks like better critical's, finesse, agility boy, commando, gunslinger, sniper, and grim reaper's sprint... but, i'd also sprinkle in some stamina perks as well to unsure your survival out there biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 30 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #111

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 30 2009, 07:30 AM) *
@synch - i think you mean fort bannister laugh.gif... yea, i'll have to check that out one day... sounds like something new to see biggrin.gif...

@donkeytits - weapon perks are the best to get, especially early in the game... weapons are the most important feature in fallout 3 and anything you can do to improve your gun play, the better you'll be in the wastes... get perks like better critical's, finesse, agility boy, commando, gunslinger, sniper, and grim reaper's sprint... but, i'd also sprinkle in some stamina perks as well to unsure your survival out there biggrin.gif...

Yes thanks, it's Bannister.

I agree with bOnEs about the weapon perks, as depending on how far
you stray from your "home" wherever that may be, the earlier the
weapons skills are high up, the easier the take down of opponents.

I also go for lockpick, science and medicine, and while that is great
for unlocking and science and those skills, raw survival is critical as well
as intelligence and charisma. Now I always take the pyro and little leaguer,
as I tend to burn a lot and throw a lot of the various grenades in the game.
Small weapons, large weapons, energy, and melee is the order I usually go.

One last mention - strong back will help turn over items for caps,
the more you can carry the more you can sell.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 30 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #112

yea, i usually pump a lot of my experience points into small guns early on... i make it a tag skill before i leave the vault and every level up, i put about 7-10 points into the skill until it reaches a comfortable level like 75 or something... having good small guns skills early on will make your life in the wastes much easier to deal with... small guns are the most important skill you need to invest in early on...

but, you'll want to invest in lockpick and repair skills early too with your remaining skill points... besides small guns, i think they are the most important skills, and no matter your character build, you will need high skills in these categories because, you WILL run into a lot of locked doors and safes... and you WILL need to maintain your weapons with the repair skill... the rest of the skills are really up to you... all other skills are dependent on how you want to play the game...

barter - prices on items for sale are cheaper and you get more caps on trade-ins...

big guns - your skill in handling missle launchers, miniguns, etc... it's not important unless you want to use those weapons a lot... i find that having 50-60 in that skill is almost good enough for a casual user of these weapons...

energy weapons - important but, not early... you won't start finding energy weapons until about halfway through the main story... i'd wait to invest in this skill until you reach level 10... but do invest in it once you get there, and periodically when your not sure what to do with the few points left after leveling...

explosives - having a 50 in this skill is good enough for most of what you do... but having it higher makes your grenades work better... it's worth investing in but, not necessary after 50...

lockpick - absolutely one of the 3 most important skills... invest in this one every chance you get...

medicine - improves your stimpack use.... makes them more effective... and makes radiation drugs more effective... you'll want to put some points into this skill for sure... doesn't have to be maxed out but, somewhere between 50-70 is good enough... if you tend to take a lot of bullets in a fight then, this might be a pretty important skill to improve...

melee weapons - you can ignore this category all together unless you want to use swords, knives, and other melee weapons... if you do then, you'll want to invest in it... it's worth getting up to 50 but, not necessary...

repair - you HAVE to improve this skill... your weapons deteriorate over time with use so, you'll want to repair them to keep them working at their best... the higher the skill, the more effective your repairs are... easily the second most important skill...

science - it's a semi-important skill... it allows you to read transcripts from before the war, disable enemy turrets, and can unlock doors and safes... but, it's not entirely important... i think having this skill at 50 is good enough for wastes... there's plenty of computers you can hack with an average science skill... having a better lockpick skill is more effective and more useful...

small guns - YES, invest fully into this skill... small guns are the most abundant weapon in the wasteland...

sneak - semi-important... yes, invest in this skill to about 60... then, you'll unlock the silent running perk... but, if your don't mind alerting enemies or you are a melee/unarmed fighter then, this skill isn't important... but, it is worth investing in for sure...

speech - semi-important... good speech skills can get you more information or special items from NPC's... it's a fairly important skill but also a fairly useless skill for others...

unarmed - unless your playing as a ninja or chuck norris, this skill is worthless... easily the most worthless skill in the game... fun for certain character builds but, i can guarantee that most fallout 3 players ignore this category...

and again, besides lockpick, repair and small guns, these skills are really up to how you want to play the game... i don't really notice a change in the gameplay unless your investing in melee/unarmed... doing so turns you into a close-quarters combat character... that's really the only significant change that's avaliable...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 1 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #113

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Beat Broken Steel. It was awesome, blah, blah, blah, etc. I just wanted to point out something. Did anybody else notice they played exact same "taking off" sound that the Annihilator in GTA IV has when you were flying to watch the fireworks of the mobile thing? Kinda strange to hear..

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 1 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #114

no, i didn't notice that...

tomorrow is the pitt and operation anchorage!! holy shit there goes my weekend!!

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 1 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #115

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 30 2009, 09:01 PM) *
tomorrow is the pitt and operation anchorage!! holy shit there goes my weekend!!

Is it sad that I've had the DLC forever and I'm still going to spend my weekend playing it?

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 1 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #116

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 30 2009, 06:01 PM) *
no, i didn't notice that...

Awesome! Perfect timing for me beating BS!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 1 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #117

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

I made some two mods for the PC version if anyone is interested, it seems like most of you have it for 360 so prolly not tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 1 2009, 05:20 AM
Post #118

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I have the PC version, so does Synch. Are they the same two you linked to before?

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 1 2009, 05:23 AM
Post #119

the ones getting all excited are the PS3 players biggrin.gif... we've finally started getting them, got broken steel last week...

i think i am gonna play the pitt first because, i really want to use the perforator... i think i could do some major damage with that weapon biggrin.gif... plus, i'm sure the story is much better and the setting looks really sweet...

but, i can't forget about operation anchorage either... it's only a simulation, that's why i might save that one for later... i'm downloading both but, i won't install anchorage until i beat the pitt biggrin.gif... lol, i bet mothership zeta sits in my install que too for a few days biggrin.gif...

EDIT: holy shit!! due to the launch of the PSP GO, the US playstation store has already updated!! for those of you not working or not at school today, you can download these add-ons right now, hours before they are normally available!! damn, i wish i would of taken today off from work laugh.gif... maybe i can get a half day, doubt it though...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 1 2009, 03:28 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 1 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #120

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 30 2009, 10:23 PM) *
i think i am gonna play the pitt first because, i really want to use the perforator...
i think i could do some major damage with that weapon biggrin.gif...

but, i can't forget about operation anchorage either... it's only a simulation,
that's why i might save that one for later... i'm downloading both but,
i won't install anchorage until i beat the pitt biggrin.gif...

The Perforator and Infiltrator are in fact, epic weapons.

Still man, think about the Chinese Stealth Armor though.
In that suit, the Perforator and Infiltrator are even more epic.
For stealth, that is, being they are silenced weapons.

Not so much for major damage, you now have a Tesla Cannon
for that. Also the Pitt can really be a long haul with the 100 ingots,
which is how you get one of those weapons. So I have to just
throw out there to think about Operation:Anchorage first.

It goes pretty quick unless you want the very cool achievement
and perk for collecting all the intel, which I highly recommend.

Speaking of which, here is our old buddy Jessica.....oh you betcha.
I Love this girl:

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 12:23 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4