Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

Anyone on here had any experience with Flash and/or Actionscript 3.0? I'm just starting to learn it at uni this year and I have a few assignments, mainly which involve creating small games in flash. The programming's not too hard for me because I have a lot of experience, but if anyone's got any flash creations they want to share please post them here. I wouldn't mind a few people who I can ask for advice if I get stuck.

I'll post my flash files as and when I create them smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Oct 2 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I've used AS 2. It was simple and easy to use. All the scripts are there for you to play with. So you don't have so memories much. But i've not tried AS 3 yet.. Sorry. I made an interactive website in flash btw. And i've also made a little flash game in the past.

What are you doing at Uni btw?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Oct 2 2009, 05:32 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Oct 9 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #3

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Web Design & Development, but this year we're doing video creation/editing, multimedia for computer games (which will involve creating a 3D model of a character and animating it), and also flash games with action script - alongside PHP and website planning.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 7 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #4

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Here's my latest work for a uni assignment. Took me about 30 hours to put this together. Not bad for only my second attempt at flash if I may say so myself tongue.gif.

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/psy/shooter.html

Also the first game I made in flash is the following:

The rules for the assignment at uni were that I had to make a game using only beachballs and elephants, and the ONLY user input was to press the space bar. Nothing else was allowed on the screen.

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/psy/psy.html

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 7 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

^those are actually quite fun. good time wasters.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 7 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #6

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

The bowling game is impossible to get a full strike but was fun for 5 minutes. tongue.gif
The War on Terror game - I had no chance because I don't have a mouse just a finger pad.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 7 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #7

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

You can get a strike, you just have to get the ball perfectly either just left or right of the center pin tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 7 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #8

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 05:55 PM) *
You can get a strike, you just have to get the ball perfectly either just left or right of the center pin tongue.gif

I was aiming too perfect then.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 7 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #9

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

If you hit the middle pin dead on, you rarely ever get a strike in real bowling. It will usually leave you with a 7-10 split.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 7 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #10

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 06:15 PM) *
If you hit the middle pin dead on, you rarely ever get a strike in real bowling. It will usually leave you with a 7-10 split.

Don't try to justify it you fucked up admit it. wink.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 7 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #11

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

I keep getting a split with 1 on one side and 2 on the other. sad.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 7 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #12

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 06:25 PM) *

I physically coded the coordinates the ball needs to go to get a strike tongue.gif. I'm awesome at bowling so I should know wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 7 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #13

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 7 2010, 07:17 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 7 2010, 06:25 PM) *

I physically coded the coordinates the ball needs to go to get a strike tongue.gif. I'm awesome at bowling so I should know wink.gif

LOL God loves a tryer but you're something else. XD.png
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 9 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #14

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i got two strikes in my first play, and thats how you bowl... just to the left or right of the center pin... and the shooting game was pretty good too... we've had some down time at work lately and, they're suggested that we watch this flash tutorial video to kill the time... i haven't watched it yet but, seeing your creations has got me thinking of some cool stuff i could do...

i'm watching that video either monday or tuesday... i've been itching to learn flash for quite some time now... i don't think the video will teach me anything about making complex action scripts like that but, it does teach the basics... i'm sure there's plenty of online tutorials that could teach me the more complex stuff but, i've wanted to learn flash for the longest time now...

i'm learning it this week...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 9 2010, 05:58 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:58 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4