IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer, Not the fantastic piece o' crap I thought it was gonna be...
Mr_Blond
post Jun 20 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 613

I really wanted to go to the theater this past Saturday. My original intent was to see Pirates 3, but I was about twenty minutes shy. So I opted for this sequel, having forgotten it even came out this weekend. The ONLY reason I payed to see this was for the surfer (And Jessica Alba is nice to look at! *swoon*). By the end, I was actually surprised. This was a decent comic book movie! Hollywood doesn't strike out EVERY time... (*cough* Spider Man, Daredevil, Hulk, Superman... *cough*) It really sort of felt like a FF book came alive. I felt the same spark while watching 300, Sin City, Punisher and Hell Boy. It's rare! And The Man's cameo was priceless... Has any one else seen it yet?

--------------------
"Was that as good for you as it was for me?"
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Porscheofile
post Jun 20 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 8,420

not i but it looks pretty good.....lol cept the 'silver surfer' has to be some kind of acid induced villain because no sober person would think of THAT...

anyway spider man wasn't THAT bad.....just not as good as it could have been....

--------------------

"Eminem is the greatest rapper alive!" "holy FUCK! how many rappers died yesterday?!?!?"
"I could not find the Sports Car of my dreams, so I built it myself" Ferdinand Porsche."
QUOTE(SKARFACE)
so i threw my chocalate milk at the bitch,
Oldie, but still hilarious
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Jun 20 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #3

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

I agree. FF2 was a surprise hit that, unfortunately, cut off it's own legs with the first one. Now, that isn't to say this is classed as, "an original Superman, Batman or Flash [TV]", but it is worthy of being a Batman Begins. They used a lot of comic references that, while disjointed, were used to a good yield. You can't escape the bad acting, but you can't beat Lawrence Fishbourn as the voice of Silver Surfer.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr_Blond
post Jun 20 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Heartless @ Jun 20 2007, 02:59 AM) [snapback]1338393[/snapback]
I agree. FF2 was a surprise hit that, unfortunately, cut off it's own legs with the first one. Now, that isn't to say this is classed as, "an original Superman, Batman or Flash [TV]", but it is worthy of being a Batman Begins. They used a lot of comic references that, while disjointed, were used to a good yield. You can't escape the bad acting, but you can't beat Lawrence Fishbourn as the voice of Silver Surfer.

How could I have forgotten Batman Begins! I loved it... I can't wait to see where they take it with the sequel.

@Predator- My biggest qualm with the Spidey movies is they deviated so far from the story line in the comics. I understand artistic license and all... But when you make a movie based on something that already has a huge fan base, you don't have much room for artistic license. Not that I wanted a complete rehashing of the comics, but a little more faithfulness would have been nice. And the latest atrocity, Spider Man 3... They got ripped off! What the hell cost the studio a quarter of a billion dollars? All those CG Spidey shots? I think it's high time we went back to the roots of film making... Look at Lucas! He didn't have CGI way back when, and he made a compelling film that has endured time.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 21 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #5

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Yes, but watch the old Stars Wars episodes again and that antiquated memory you have of it being awesome will be shattered. Some things are just best not revisited.

I'm looking forward to see this movie as well.

Hey, you want to know which sequel shocked me? Behind Enemy Lines: Axis of Evil. No shit. It blew the first one away by a mile. It had this fine attention to detail in this effortless manner that Children of Men had. You have to watch it. [spoiler]Find it on aXXo really easy if you use torrents.[/spoiler]

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr_Blond
post Jun 21 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 20 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]1338691[/snapback]
Yes, but watch the old Stars Wars episodes again and that antiquated memory you have of it being awesome will be shattered. Some things are just best not revisited.

I'm looking forward to see this movie as well.

Hey, you want to know which sequel shocked me? Behind Enemy Lines: Axis of Evil. No shit. It blew the first one away by a mile. It had this fine attention to detail in this effortless manner that Children of Men had. You have to watch it. [spoiler]Find it on aXXo really easy if you use torrents.[/spoiler]

I never saw Behind Enemy Lines to watch the sequel... Maybe I should check 'em out.

Dude, I just watched A New Hope last week or the week before, and I still love it! Star Wars does not get old... Now revisiting games I dug while still a snot nosed punk? Painful to watch now... Ugh! I can't believe how many countless hours I wasted on Dragon Warrior... Ewwwwwwwww!

Know what sequel totally didn't suck? Clerks II biatch!

Ohhhh, cake!

This post has been edited by Mr_Blond: Jun 21 2007, 04:48 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 22 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #7

Goon
Group Icon

Dude that sequel was awesome. Props to Kevin Smith.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr_Blond
post Jun 22 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 21 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1338816[/snapback]
Dude that sequel was awesome. Props to Kevin Smith.

Amen! I just watched Mallrats X... More specifically, the extended cut (Or as Kevin refers to it, the cut which should have never been made). It was like watching a new movie! I am awaiting Chasing Amy X, which if he adheres to what he said, should be out by the end of the year. He did a voice for the TMNT movie and he's supposed to have a came in Die Hard 4.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 22 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #9

Goon
Group Icon

Cameo in LFODH? Sweet! What is that, like the 29th this month?

Edit--You know what I meant *Whistles*

This post has been edited by punxtr: Jun 22 2007, 06:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr_Blond
post Jun 22 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 22 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1338989[/snapback]
Cameo in LFODH? Sweet! What is that, like the 27th this month?

I believe it is Friday June 29th...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zacko
post Jun 22 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #11

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

Yeah he plays like an uber geek judging from his lines and stuff in the trailer.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Porscheofile
post Jun 23 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

clerks 2= shit

god i hate stupid funny movies.....

anyway silver surfer was well worth the 8 bucks i threw down fro it, as was Oceans 13...Al Pacino is STILL going.....yeah!

--------------------

"Eminem is the greatest rapper alive!" "holy FUCK! how many rappers died yesterday?!?!?"
"I could not find the Sports Car of my dreams, so I built it myself" Ferdinand Porsche."
QUOTE(SKARFACE)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 23 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #13

Goon
Group Icon

Bro, don't even start that kid of crap. It's movies like these that release the tension in populations.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Porscheofile
post Jun 24 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

like what? clerks 2? fuck that....releasing tension or not, that movie sucked.....stupid funny movies are ass.....funny movies with some thought behind them, or even a half line of thought are fine.

--------------------

QUOTE(SKARFACE)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 24 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #15

Goon
Group Icon

Yer kind of comedy isn't everyone's kind of comedy, and that movie really didn't suck. Opinions are like assholes, asshole. End of discussion.

Edit--Let me get this, you liked Band Camp but you hated Clerks II?

This post has been edited by punxtr: Jun 25 2007, 02:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zacko
post Jun 24 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #16

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

Saw FF earlier, pretty good I suppose but cheesy as fuck.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr_Blond
post Jun 25 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(punxtr @ Jun 24 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1339603[/snapback]
Yer kind of comedy isn't everyone's kind of comedy, and that movie really didn't suck. Opinions are like assholes, asshole. End of discussion.

Edit--Let me get this, you liked Band Camp but you hated Clerks II?

Right... Band Camp BLEW! Any way, this isn't a trash Clerks II thread.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:30 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4