IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conan O'Brien's Tonight show.
DiO
post Feb 27 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #1

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

Apparently it started. I fucking missed it.

-----------------------------

Conan O'Brien is saying good-bye to New York City, his 12:30am time slot, and the "Late Night" show he has hosted for the past 16 years.

Friday night is O'Brien's final show before the host packs it all up, gives the keys to incoming host Jimmy Fallon, and moves west to Los Angeles to take over the "Tonight Show" from its departing host, Jay Leno.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497666,00.html

His last show before he takes over the tonight show. I haven't been watching Late night too often because it is on so late. I am going to watch it for sure tonight and tomorrow. I can't wait for him to take over the tonight show. Ill be able to at least catch the monologue every night.

This post has been edited by S.P.E.: Jun 3 2009, 05:05 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Feb 27 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #2

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,214

I don't see the big deal. He's essentially going to be hosting the exact same show.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Feb 27 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #3

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

Hell yeah! Conan is moving to the West Coast. I can't to make a road-trip to go see him.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 27 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Late night talk shows don't do it for me.

I'm glad Leno's retiring. Is Letterman still around? They should both retire.

Neither of them will ever be Johnny Carson.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 27 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 27 2009, 02:31 AM) [snapback]1487370[/snapback]
I don't see the big deal. He's essentially going to be hosting the exact same show.

It will be on earlier. It will get better ratings and more a-list celebs. I really don't care about those fucking Hollywood hacks. I just think Conan himself is funny shit.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 27 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1487402[/snapback]

Leno isn't. He will be getting a new show. It will start even earlier before Conan's tonight show.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 27 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #6

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 27 2009, 03:32 PM) [snapback]1487496[/snapback]
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 27 2009, 02:31 AM) [snapback]1487370[/snapback]

It will be on earlier. It will get better ratings and more a-list celebs. I really don't care about those fucking Hollywood hacks. I just think Conan himself is funny shit.

Leno isn't. He will be getting a new show. It will start even earlier before Conan's tonight show.

Oh. Well...

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Feb 27 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #7

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Why not just keep them in the same place, but move the time slot and give this Jimmy Fallon his own new show o_O

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 28 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 27 2009, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1487576[/snapback]
Why not just keep them in the same place, but move the time slot and give this Jimmy Fallon his own new show o_O

Maybe he wanted to move to Cali.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Feb 28 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #9

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(Seeen @ Feb 26 2009, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1487380[/snapback]
Hell yeah! Conan is moving to the West Coast. I can't to make a road-trip to go see him.

Same here dude. Can't wait. When I went to New York a few years ago, his show was booked solid the whole time.

QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 27 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1487693[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 27 2009, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1487576[/snapback]

Maybe he wanted to move to Cali.

No, he didn't. He's pretty bummed. The whole reason this whole shift happened is because Leno originally said he was retiring. Now he's hosting a 10 o'clock show.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 28 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

They still could have just then changed the late night set into the new tonight show set.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 28 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #11

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i fucking love conan!! that goofy bastard is the funniest man in late-night television... i'm glad that he's taking over for that no-talent leno... lol, actually conan doesn't have much talent either but, he knows that and totally plays that out, which makes it funny... great writing, funny skits, and memorable moments... the one thing he is extremely good at is interviewing celebrities... man has a way with words, and most celebrities really enjoy coming on his show...

D-O, conan gets the a-list celebrities because a-list celebrities love conan... unlike that scottish fuck on CBS...

and i'm a kinda looking forward to jimmy fallon monday night... i like him as well, and hope for the best with him... i am glad they decided to go with him because, i fucking hate carson daly and would of been extremely pissed if he took conan's spot..

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 28 2009, 06:41 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Mar 1 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 28 2009, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1487766[/snapback]
i fucking love conan!! that goofy bastard is the funniest man in late-night television... i'm glad that he's taking over for that no-talent leno... lol, actually conan doesn't have much talent either but, he knows that and totally plays that out, which makes it funny... great writing, funny skits, and memorable moments... the one thing he is extremely good at is interviewing celebrities... man has a way with words, and most celebrities really enjoy coming on his show...

D-O, conan gets the a-list celebrities because a-list celebrities love conan... unlike that scottish fuck on CBS...

Ahh, true.

and i'm a kinda looking forward to jimmy fallon monday night... i like him as well, and hope for the best with him... i am glad they decided to go with him because, i fucking hate carson daly and would of been extremely pissed if he took conan's spot..

Ha, Carson isn't that bad. It just isn't near as funny as Conan.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Mar 16 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

I've seen a few Jimmy Fallon's. Not bad. The writing isn't the greatest but he has good audience interaction and I like his interviews because they seem like natural conversations. (With the exception when De Niro was on.)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 16 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #14

...and his in-house band "the roots", are badass too... yea, i've seen a couple of his shows and i think he's got a bright future in late night entertainment... the show he did on friday night with tracy morgan was pretty damn funny (the audience, jimmy, and tracy were all wearing snuggies, lol)... and he did his first animal show, which was pretty entertaining...

he seems like a natural at keeping it loose with his guests... seems like his show might provide a much different take on the mundane interviews you get with most late night shows...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 16 2009, 05:51 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 2 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #15

anyone catch conan's new show last night? i did, thought it was GREAT!! conan stayed away from a lot of his old antics but, that's just because he was severely pressed for time with all the skits and stuff for it being the first show... max weinberg and the tonight show band?!? lol, should of kept the "max weinberg 7" name... also, we'll see how this plays out over the next few weeks but, andy richter is kinda like his sidekick... i thought it was strange but then again, it could get better... plus, i think him and conan first started out "late night" together as well...

will farrell was funny and pearl jam was awesome!!

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 3 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

It started last night?

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!

Can't believe I missed his first fucking show.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 3 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #17

i missed his second show last night... it was tom hanks and green day... might of been a good one...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 5 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Fuck Green day up their ass.

Watched it last night. Watching it right now. Conan still makes me laugh hard. Man I'm glad hes back on.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jun 13 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #19

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(S.P.E. @ Jun 4 2009, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1506738[/snapback]
Fuck Canadians up their ass.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliph
post Jul 16 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #20

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,605

So whats the name of Leno's new show?

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 03:54 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4