Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Just found something new on LA Noire.

Game Informer:
Rockstar Games is known for its ambitious projects, and L.A. Noire proves that the company’s reputation is safe. While the rumblings about the game have been heard for years, our world exclusive cover story is the only place you’ll be able to get concrete information on the gritty crime epic. Over the course of our 10-page feature we look at the game’s astonishing reconstruction of 1947 Los Angeles and learn how the team took on such a massive undertaking. We also talk to the team to see L.A. Noire’s groundbreaking facial-animation system in action, and learn how it might change the way we look at games from now on.

Joystiq:
At long last, the never-ending mystery of whether Rockstar's "gritty detective tale," L.A. Noire, will be a multiplatform release has ... well, ended. And in a pretty unspectacular way, to boot -- in the comments section of a Game Informer post teasing the magazine's in-depth print preview of L.A. Noire, editor Matthew Kato explained, "It's not a PS3-exclusive," later adding, "it was at one point, but it's coming out for the PS3 and 360." (We've contacted Rockstar to verify this apparent reveal.)

Now, we won't know whether this news is worth getting excited about until Game Informer's preview hits newsstands. We're getting tentatively pumped, though -- but that's only because of our pure, unswerving love of fedoras. Seriously, we can't get enough of 'em.

So, sounds like another PS3 exclusive just got un-exclusive'D. But that's good news for 360 owners i guess. I'm interested to read more about this game. I like the detective/mafia gang narrative in games. Hopefully this will be a great game!

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 3 2010, 12:09 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Feb 7 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Although multi-platforming has its benefits, a console exclusive game can be honed and focused, taking advantage of that console's strong points. But meh, whatever, probably won't be getting it because I don't tend to buy games that are new and unknown to me. Same with Agent, same with RDR.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 7 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

A screenshot, finally! Shame it's not exclusive though. The PS3 has so much more of an advantage when games are tailor made for it, and it's not size restricted by the FagBox.. (Yes, I own a 360 too, fuck off fanboys, before you even start.)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 7 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #4

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Yeah first screeny lol. I expect thisgame to do well, it being a R* game and all. I feel R* have really stepped up the game in this generation and have been announcing loads of top titles.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 7 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Shit yeah... and this has pretty much been in production since before me or you were even born. So it HAS to be good.

This post has been edited by Asthenia: Feb 7 2010, 10:14 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 8 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #6

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Bit moar info.

L.A. Noire Revealed
Rockstar looks to raise the bar and change the way we view open-world games.
by Hilary Goldstein
LATEST VIDEO
View all 2 videos

February 6, 2010 - In the March 2010 issue of Game Informer (on stands this month), the first real details of L.A. Noire are revealed. Developed by Team Bondi (The Getaway), L.A. Noire is an open-world action-adventure game set in the City of Angels in 1947. Unlike previous Rockstar efforts, L.A. Noire exists in a real city, painstakingly recreated for historical accuracy. Don't expect the "shoot everyone" mentality of a Grand Theft Auto title -- this is something completely different.

You play as Cole Phelps, a beat cop looking to clean up the streets of L.A. It won't be easy, seeing as how the L.A. police force is mired in corruption from top to bottom. Phelps has his own issues to deal with, including some very bad things he did in World War II. Though he starts low on the totem pole, over the course of L.A. Noire Phelps progresses through a series of "desks" in the department, including traffic, vice and, ultimately, homicide.

As a detective, you have to solve cases through a mixture of investigations, interviews and interrogations. According to the article in GI, when you come across a scene, you won't find highlighted items sitting in obvious places. Crime scenes are said to look natural and require a deft eye to spot important clues. See a pair of glasses on the ground of a supposed murder scene and you can pick them up, noting details such as the brand etched on the inside of the frame. These little bits of information are jotted down on your notepad, which can be brought up at any time.

Things get a little more interesting in regards to the interview system. Team Bondi is using revolutionary technology that could change the way games are made. The new facial motion capturing system sets actors alone in a giant room with cameras all around. In full make-up, the actor delivers their dialogue. Every facial moment is recorded, from the most exaggerate of motions to the slightest twitch of an eye. The dialogue is recorded at this time as well, creating a seamless scene. All of this is then translated into a 3D game landscape with no animators needed. The result? According to GI, it's a picture-perfect rendering of the actor's scene. That's important to the gameplay.

When you interview someone, you'll need to watch their face and determine if they're lying. Like Mass Effect, your dialogue choices come from a handful of general options: coax, accuse or force. The way you handle an interview or interrogation is greatly determined by the reactions you get from the suspect. You can also refute testimony by selecting clues from your notebook.

Unfortunately, GI wasn't shown any of the gunplay, so the set-up for the action sequences is still a mystery.

You can read more details on the demo in the latest issue of Game Informer.

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1067305p1.html

The face shit kinda sounds like what they did for heavenly sword.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Feb 8 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #7

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

Since the game takes place in LA in 1947 I wonder if the Black Dahlia murder will play a role in the story...

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Feb 8 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #8

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Feb 8 2010, 08:00 AM) *
Since the game takes place in LA in 1947 I wonder if the Black Dahlia murder will play a role in the story...

I actually tried to "like" that comment... too much fucking time on Facebook.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 8 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I'm glad this wasn't a PS3 exclusive. Sony can suck my 1947 sack. Also, I heard that "Noire" is a typo that Rockstar just decided to run with.

I am excited about this game, even though we probably won't see it until March/April of next year.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 8 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #10

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

it's said to be rumored for a september release...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
alooper21
post Feb 9 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 754

rockstar seems to take too many ideas from other devs.

i was impressed by the hype over the drug minigame in chinatown wars until i discovered it in scarface. now this dialogue thing in la noire, wich i've seen anyway in dreamfall: the longest journey and perfected/expanded in mass effect.

what rockstar brought into gaming is guts, otherwise they don't put the player to too much thinking...

--------------------
Excerpt from GTA5:

Love is complicated :(
I fucked bitches... killed bitches... robbed bitches...
Maybe here... things won't be different :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Apr 5 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #12

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,224

@Stoic (and others about the Black Dahlia murder)

I don't know about the typo-thing, but as you might know, Noire is the feminine form of black in french. (Although, since L.A is masculine form, it should be L.A Noir).
Connection to the Black Dahlia murder perhaps?
Although as it says in bold text, "The Dark Heart of Los Angeles".

This post has been edited by SirPsychoSexy: Apr 5 2010, 08:18 PM

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Apr 5 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #13

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Who knows? I'm hoping it has a Black Dahlia feel to it. Anyway, I read an article somewhere that said Noire was supposed to be spelled Noir, but when it was released to the press, the typo included the "e" on the end. So wah-lah.

This game is totally off the radar for me. Especially with RDR coming out next month.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Apr 5 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #14

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,224

I edited my first post, so you might have missed it, but Noire is the feminine form, and Los Angeles, in spanish at least, is the masculine form. Don't know how you treat the language barriers, but it seems as if though L.A Noir without the E would be the correct form.

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jeff Threat
post Apr 5 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #15

Shoplifter

Member No.: 35,441
XBL Gamertag: Zombie RoboCop

I am very much looking forward to this game

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 5 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #16

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 5 2010, 09:18 PM) *
This game is totally off the radar for me. Especially with RDR coming out next month.

Same. I don't think i'll get this. Although I originally wasn't going to get RDR... Heh. Time will tell.

Info on this and Agent seems to be very scarce at the moment, I don't know which one I would prefer out of the two. Secretive espionage vs. hands-on detective work. Hmm... tough one.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 5 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #17

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Love the look of this but I don't think I'll be able to press the eject button when RDR is in there. I'll still get it though.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ThomasH
post Apr 6 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #18

Vandal

Member No.: 39,727

New details guys! smile.gif

The Dutch all-round gaming magazine named ‘Chief’ had the chance to check out L.A. Noire.

We’ve gathered all the interesting new details and you can check them out below.

The scans are included as well for all you visual people.

* L.A. Noire is not a “Gta1947, Mafia II” game. There isn’t a game like this released yet, thus you can’t compare it.
* The game does include a lot of actions, car chases and shoot outs.
* Instead of taking out your gun, you will take out your notepad.
* In a conversation with another person you have to see trough them to check out if they are telling the truth. Thanks to the ‘revolutionary’ facial animation system this is one of the biggest things in the game.
* You can inspect houses of suspects and check everything out, from mirrors to steel pipes, all kinds of objects.
* The crime scenes are based of real Los Angeles crime scenes back in ‘47.
* You’ll have to work your way up in a world full of lies, corruption and hidden agenda’s.
* The world is a authentic 40’s Los Angeles and everything in the world seems ‘right’. Nothing will hold you back to experience Los Angeles in 1947 to the fullest.
* Core of the game: “Lone guy against the world fighting the good fight”
* Rockstar ends with: “There is a enough mediocre crap in the industry, we want to try something different.”.

Team Bondi on their Facial Animation system;

Standard motion capture just wasn’t going to cut it according to Team Bondi boss: McNamara.

Using a complex technology with 32 camera’s we were enable to transfer the actor’s animation directly into the game.

During our presentation to Rockstar Games we had to move with the camera’s real-time to show them that everything they were watching was actually in game and not pre-rendered.

This post has been edited by ThomasH: Apr 6 2010, 09:56 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Apr 6 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #19

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

Team Bondi. Not too keen on that, as typically Aussie movie/games offerings (apart from BioShock) have been mediocre at best. Just don't have the money nor the experience...though I'm sure R* chose them for a reason.

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Apr 6 2010, 11:52 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Apr 6 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #20

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Seems like it's going to be a cross of Grim Fandango and GTA. I might get it, i'll have to wait and see.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 01:21 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4