Austin
post Jun 3 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 141

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7434193.stm

Bardot fined over racial hatred

A French court has fined former film star Brigitte Bardot 15,000 euros (£12,000) for inciting racial hatred.

She was prosecuted over a letter published on her website that complained Muslims were "destroying our country by imposing their ways".

It is the fifth time Ms Bardot been convicted over her controversial remarks about Islam and its followers. This is her heaviest fine so far.

The French film idol, who is 73, was not in court to hear the ruling.

The fine - equivalent to $23,000 - related to a letter she wrote in December 2006 to the then Interior Minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, which was published on her website, in which she deplored the slaughter of animals for the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha.

She demanded that the animals be stunned before being killed.

She said she was "tired of being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts".

In a letter to the court Ms Bardot, who is a prominent animal rights campaigner, insisted she had a right to speak up for animal welfare.

The prosecutor said she was weary of charging Ms Bardot with offences relating to racial hatred and xenophobia.

Is this a slippery slope to how Europe is going? I don't see how she is inciting racial hatred at all... are people not aloud to express their discrepancies with Islam?

It's got nothing to do with race.. religion is a set of beliefs and practises and we need to be able to stand up and say we don't agree with them and we don't want them gaining influence in our countries. Just ridiculous and sickening that she's been charged with that.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
In Kontrol
post Jun 3 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,653

It's all this PC bollocks and the fact that if you wear a towel round your head you're treated like the Queen...

But I agree with you as well.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Jun 4 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38,184

That's just dumb. Racial hatred implies that it was based on phisical characteristics that are recieved from ancestors, wich would be inciting hatred for no reason so they should have the right to fine her. However, saying you don't agree with the traditions of a certain religious group is not only nonracial, but is based on fact so it's not even discrimination and I'm pretty sure it is preotected by free speech laws.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Jun 11 2008, 04:18 AM
Post #4

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

Well the muslims do have europe by the balls. Lets just hope we i.e. america wakes up before our nuts are being held in those same hands of Mohamed's.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jun 11 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #5

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6,214

Freedom of Speech ftw etc. If a Muslim made comments about White people, there would be no such fines.

Edit: Was inciting racial hatred.

This post has been edited by Darth Sexy: Jun 11 2008, 09:11 AM

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Jun 11 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #6

Litterer

Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jun 10 2008, 11:18 PM) [snapback]1447019[/snapback]
Well the muslims do have europe by the balls. Lets just hope we i.e. america wakes up before our nuts are being held in those same hands of Mohamed's.

They already are. This whole country lives in fear since 9/11. "Oh my god - we have to stop the terrorists before they come back!" It's the whole reason we are still in Iraq.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:48 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4