Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cheats
andy42s
post May 13 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,248

Are any cheat codes availible, or do they wait to leak them until the game is released? I haven't been able to find any. I do plan to complete the game without cheats, just curious
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 13 2010, 01:09 AM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Cheats come after release.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dog Mauser Truck
post May 13 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #3

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,290

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 12 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Cheats come after release.

Thank you. I plan on buying a PS3 guide, too; any cheat RDR PS3 code; I will share them here. You should not have to spend twenty extra bucks just to make a game you spent $60.00 for work, too.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post May 13 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #4

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

you don't have to buy the Strategy Guide for cheats they are can be found on a new technology called, THE internet.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 13 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Deleted the double post.

Now that I've looked, the first bunch of cheats for GTA IV came the day before the game: http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=786567 The rest came later. So maybe we'll get some insight prior to release depending on what Rockstar wants to give us.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 13 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #6

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

haha, The Internet wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 13 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Hopefully we get some fun cheats this time. IV's cheats were pretty basic compared to SA.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 13 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #8

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

aren't there going to be cheats available for completing R* social club events and challenges? i thought i read that on the website somewhere... stuff like getting exploding bullets... but, i don't recall ever cheating with GTAIV except for one night, just to see what they were like...

i don't plan on cheating in RDR either, unless something sounds good like the rioting one from SA... but even then, i'd save it for long after i beat the game...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 13 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #9

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Yeah there's a cheat for bullets that can cause enemies to set alight.

bOnEs, really? You don't cheat at all? I don't cheat in the story, but if I'm having an Evening of Anarchy™℠ ®©℠®™©, I weapons cheat loads. Especially explosive punch and explosive sniper rounds, it's fucking hilarious trying to fight off a load of stars with just your explosive fists. Alot of my fun comes from simply watching physics alot of the time though, another reason I really cannot wait for Redemption. This improved engine, and blowing people off of their horses.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 13 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #10

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Yeah I read cheats can be unlocked by completing challenges through the social club. It's on the social club section of the red dead site at the moment.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 13 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 13 2010, 02:48 PM) *

bOnEs, really? You don't cheat at all?

nope... it's rare for me to cheat in a game... only a few times have i cheated in as many years... i had so much fun in the liberty city sandbox that i never saw a need to cheat, even when i was fucking around...like i said, i tried it once and though "meh"... so no, i rarely cheat anymore...

i've noticed too nowadays that a lot of games don't have cheat codes anymore... you more or less unlock enhancers or incentives by achieving certain objectives... the last game i played that actually had codes to enter was saints row 2...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
zeeshan810
post May 13 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #12

Do Boy

Member No.: 35,945
XBL Gamertag: zeeshan810gta
PSN Name: zeeshan810_gta

Social Club will post cheats on RDR page.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 14 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #13

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 13 2010, 10:29 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 13 2010, 02:48 PM) *

bOnEs, really? You don't cheat at all?

nope... it's rare for me to cheat in a game... only a few times have i cheated in as many years... i had so much fun in the liberty city sandbox that i never saw a need to cheat, even when i was fucking around...like i said, i tried it once and though "meh"... so no, i rarely cheat anymore...

i've noticed too nowadays that a lot of games don't have cheat codes anymore... you more or less unlock enhancers or incentives by achieving certain objectives... the last game i played that actually had codes to enter was saints row 2...

Yeah alot don't bother, and most games that don't have them I wouldn't want to use them for anyway, I strictly use them in SandBox games, and like I said, if I'm wanting to have an insane time.

I think SandBoxes will always have them, just because of the nature of the game.

That's pretty cool you don't use them though man. /brofist

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 14 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #14

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

From what I remember seeing when I played the game in New York a few weeks back, you actually unlock cheats in the pause menu by completing various challenges in the game. We never got to see it actually happen, but there's a menu in game for the cheats and they were all locked, so you might not necessarily need to use codes, you might just unlock them by finding treasure or whatever.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 14 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #15

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Noice. Did you catch a glimpse of the names of any cheats?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 14 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Psy @ May 14 2010, 05:26 AM) *
From what I remember seeing when I played the game in New York a few weeks back, you actually unlock cheats in the pause menu by completing various challenges in the game. We never got to see it actually happen, but there's a menu in game for the cheats and they were all locked, so you might not necessarily need to use codes, you might just unlock them by finding treasure or whatever.

yea, i figured that it worked that way... most games do it like that nowadays...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 14 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #17

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 14 2010, 09:37 AM) *

Nah, I think they were all blanked out sort of like hidden achievements. I think. Can't really remember. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed by that point. I guess that was Rockstar's way to keep their secrets under wraps. Get us so drunk that we forget everything. snf (31).gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 14 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #18

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Psy @ May 14 2010, 09:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 14 2010, 09:37 AM) *

Nah, I think they were all blanked out sort of like hidden achievements. I think. Can't really remember. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed by that point. I guess that was Rockstar's way to keep their secrets under wraps. Get us so drunk that we forget everything. snf (31).gif

As funny as that sounds, you're probably bang on!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 19 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #19

Hustler

Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

Cheat: Cheat List
You can enter the following codes in the Cheats Menu under "Options." Enter the entire phrase given below to activate the cheat, punctuation included. Capitalization does not matter. Once a cheat is entered you may toggle them from a master list. If the cheat effect isn't made obvious by its title, we give a description of it in parenthesis below. Entering cheats disables saving and Trophies / Achievements!

Invincibility - HE GIVES STRENGTH TO THE WEAK
Infinite Dead Eye - I DON'T UNDERSTAND IMNFINITY
Infinite Horse Stamina - MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
Infinite Ammo - ABUNDANCE IS EVERYWHERE
Money ($500) - THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, WE THANK YOU!
Horse - BEASTS AND MAN TOGETHER
Diplomatic Immunity (Marshalls ignore crime) - I WISH I WORKED FOR UNCLE SAM
Decrease Bounty - THEY SELL SOULS CHEAP HERE
Gun Set 1 - IT'S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT
Gun Set 2 - I'M AN AMERICAN. I NEED GUNS
Who? (Turn into a Nobody) - HUMILITY BEFORE THE LORD
Old School (Sepia Filter) - THE OLD WAYS IS THE BEST WAYS
Sharp Dressed Man (Unlock Gentleman's Suit) - DON'T YOU LOOK FINE AND DANDY
Lewis and Clark (Unlock all areas) - YOU GOT YOURSELF A FINE PAIR OF EYES
Jack Attack (Change John into Jack) - OH MY SON, MY BLESSED SON
Donkey Rider - ???
Coach - ???
Increase Bounty - ???
Clear Bounty - ???
Every Shot Counts - ???
Gun Set 3 - ???
Gun set 4 - ???
Punchout - ???
Famous - ???
Good Guy - ???
Bad guy - ???
So So Guy - ???
Change Weather - ???
Beastmaster - ???
Hitchcock - ???
Guns Blazing - ???
Hic - ???
Man In Uniform - ???
Gang Chic - ???
Right To Bear Arms - ???
Rise Up - ???
Dead-eye Level 1 - ???
Dead-eye Level 2 - ???
Dead-eye Level 3 - ???#

got this list off ign, i dnt think they have the codes for the ??? marked ones lol. il keep it updated.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 20 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #20

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

So, you can use cheats, but you can't save? Then what's the fucking point? I can understand disabling achievements, but not allowing me to have a separate file for cheating is fucking retarded.

Even other games made by Rockstar don't have the common sense to share the same cheat system as GTA...

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 01:29 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4