Post #21

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

QUOTE(turd burglar @ Nov 2 2008, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1470545[/snapback]
...the fantasy world is the post-nuclear DC biggrin.gif...

i'm interested in the "consequences" that occur with your decisions in the game... kill the local doctor and the town no longer has a doctor... i mean, most of the decisions you make, plays an important role in how the game plays out... which means, MULTIPLE PLAY THRUS and multiple endings!! i bet each game you play feels different than the last...

was it pretty epic the first time you stepped out of vault 101? i heard that you spend a good hour or two inside the vault at the beginning, only building the suspense for the wasteland outside...

it doesn't really sound like a true RPG to me... which i am not a big fan of but, i have enjoyed a few RPG games in the past but, i could see myself really getting into this one...

I've gotten myself lost in this game more than once or twice, whereby I mean I kind of get lulled into the world and wake up maybe a few hours later to realise it's dark outside and I haven't eaten dinner or drank a thing in 5 hours, and I have a huge headache from my TV screen. Even with the "shitty" animations, if you could play Oblivion, you can play this. I genuinely get scared sometimes in this game, it's a big world, and you're all alone (unless you've got a thousand caps, anyone?) I don't like night time, I don't like being underground, the met stations scare me. I love being around people, I traveled to Rivet City today and spent about 6 hours there (real time) just talking and find clues on an escaped.. well you'll find out. I don't like the city, not because of the look, but because the game just freaks me out in a big open space like that with no one to keep me company. There are consequences like what you speak of, you play a big part in the surroundings. If you watched any of the videos you'll know of Megaton. I single handedly slaughtered the whole town this morning, just because I felt like it after saving my progress, then I went back and loaded the old save. I used to do that in Oblivion too, you can cause chaos and it feels good, but then you can undo it, unlike in other games where you leave for awhile and come back and everyone's alive and happy. No siree, you kill a town-full of people, and they're finished. Just remember it's not always a good thing, someone got killed in my game who would have been a good character to keep around and help me, but I didn't realise until I wanted to enlist his services. Too far in to load an old save and do it all again now. A good 15 hours of play must have passed since he died. I bought the strategy guide for this cause I know I'll never find all I want to without it and have a peek at the last few pages about finishing the game, and the end you get is based on so many different things, you'll be amazed, and you'll never get all the finishes without a guide of some sort to show you how to do them. There are alot of factors.

QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Nov 2 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1470559[/snapback]

was it pretty epic the first time you stepped out of vault 101? i heard that you spend a good hour or two inside the vault at the beginning, only building the suspense for the wasteland outside...
YES! I was getting bored of the dark underground vault which felt slightly claustrophobic after a while. The moment you leave and see the scale of the open landscape, it sort of reminds you of oblivion, but still gives you that vulnerable "what shall i do now" feeling.

Ast - I don't recall spending that long in there, but I did enjoy the .. uhh.. fresh air? once I got out. First thing I did was go and stand by the Scenic Overlook
sign and save my game. happy.gif (small screenshots for save data like Oblivion).

Also Looting is pretty much the same as Oblivion, you kill someone/thing and then you can loot the guns/ammo/outfit/special items from their body. I like this, because the outfits and weapons are always a great thing to personalize your character a bit more as the "create your character" at the beginning is pretty basic, and no matter how much you tinker with the settings the face always looks pretty much the same.

Ast - It's a shame about the faces but you can make some pretty unique looks if you're willing to put up with the slowdown the game gets when changing certain aspects, Oblivion had that problem too, funny how SR2 doesn't yet it's alot more .. advanced? I know sliders are sliders but it has more of an effect on SR2.

That is all.

- edit / to do with Megaton - only undo it by loading an old save.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 3 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #22

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE(Eddie Dean @ Nov 3 2008, 01:41 PM) [snapback]1470644[/snapback]
I've gotten myself lost in this game more than once or twice, whereby I mean I kind of get lulled into the world and wake up maybe a few hours later to realise it's dark outside and I haven't eaten dinner or drank a thing in 5 hours, and I have a huge headache from my TV screen. Even with the "shitty" animations, if you could play Oblivion, you can play this. I genuinely get scared sometimes in this game, it's a big world, and you're all alone (unless you've got a thousand caps, anyone?) I don't like night time, I don't like being underground, the met stations scare me. I love being around people, I traveled to Rivet City today and spent about 6 hours there (real time) just talking and find clues on an escaped.. well you'll find out. I don't like the city, not because of the look, but because the game just freaks me out in a big open space like that with no one to keep me company. There are consequences like what you speak of, you play a big part in the surroundings. If you watched any of the videos you'll know of Megaton. I single handedly slaughtered the whole town this morning, just because I felt like it after saving my progress, then I went back and loaded the old save. I used to do that in Oblivion too, you can cause chaos and it feels good, but then you can undo it, unlike in other games where you leave for awhile and come back and everyone's alive and happy. No siree, you kill a town-full of people, and they're finished. Just remember it's not always a good thing, someone got killed in my game who would have been a good character to keep around and help me, but I didn't realise until I wanted to enlist his services. Too far in to load an old save and do it all again now. A good 15 hours of play must have passed since he died. I bought the strategy guide for this cause I know I'll never find all I want to without it and have a peek at the last few pages about finishing the game, and the end you get is based on so many different things, you'll be amazed, and you'll never get all the finishes without a guide of some sort to show you how to do them. There are alot of factors.

yea, i sorta had this feeling that being in a dark building at nighttime would bring back the scary scary memories of the past silent hill games... since, you are facing some really gruesome mutated freaks, as well as super huge insects... i mean, pitch darkness with maybe a flashlight, in an abandoned building, hearing the screeches of creatures that inhabit the land... i mean, if i saw a group of them in the daytime, i might be a little scared... but, seeing them in the darkness could really make me piss my pants...

sorta reminds me of uncharted: drake's fortune when you venture deeper into the ruins and find the cursed creatures... being alone in the dark corridors of the abandoned facility while these things are running after you... yea, i got scared biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Nov 3 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #23

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE(turd burglar @ Nov 3 2008, 07:01 PM) [snapback]1470648[/snapback]
yea, i sorta had this feeling that being in a dark building at nighttime would bring back the scary scary memories of the past silent hill games... since, you are facing some really gruesome mutated freaks, as well as super huge insects... i mean, pitch darkness with maybe a flashlight, in an abandoned building, hearing the screeches of creatures that inhabit the land... i mean, if i saw a group of them in the daytime, i might be a little scared... but, seeing them in the darkness could really make me piss my pants...

sorta reminds me of uncharted: drake's fortune when you venture deeper into the ruins and find the cursed creatures... being alone in the dark corridors of the abandoned facility while these things are running after you... yea, i got scared biggrin.gif...

You can hear a Mirelurks call a few rooms away. Mirelurks, Anchorage Memorial.

Now there's fear.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 3 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #24

are you having a hard time bringing some of the creatures down? i know that they throw even the hardest ones at you to tell you your not ready to venture this way but, overall, how is the battle system? is the VAC pretty cool?

if your in a dark building, or outside at night and see a mammoth creature, do you run? can you run? i would run biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Nov 3 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #25

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

You can run, but it feels more like a fast walk. There's no GTA style, X(or A)-tapping sprinting though. And battle is purely based on your skill with the weapon, I'm pretty good with small weapons as far as stats go, so I tend to try and stay close to the bastards, but not too close. The VAT's system is a wonderful creation, I always find enemies that haven't appeared on my compass yet but are around. I've found whole Super Mutant settlements way ahead of when I usually would have because of VATS. oh, and never venture into water without checking it out first, Mirelurks, well... they lurk in water.

I don't do much at night, I don't like being out too much at night time, it's a big wasteland, with bigger fucking creatures. Man, some of the rad insects are cool to look at.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 3 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #26

well, i am going to go pick this up in an hour... i think i might play tonight for the hell of it, and put in a couple hours... then tomorrow finish up SR2 so i can focus on fallout... but i am afraid that as soon as i put in fallout, i'll never go back to SR laugh.gif... i gotta see what all the fuss is about though biggrin.gif... everything i've read online, and heard on these boards just sounds like a really fun game to play...

hell, it sounds like you don't even have to play the missions to enjoy it... there's enough stuff to do on the side that you could basically play the game as a merchant, a slave trader, or whatever else you fancy...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Nov 4 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #27

Clepto

Group: Members
Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

The fear of anything in a game is an awesome feeling indeed.

I remember in Morrowind, I was afraid of the Ashlands for the longest time, and still to this day I'm a little scared of going in the water.

Hell, I think its a Bethesda thing. Because As far back as Daggerfall they've made me dump in my pants. The Dreughs...god I hate them. Freak me right the hell out.
And then in Oblivion the Spider Deadra. Not fucking cool.

So if this game has monsters like you say, that will freak me out, I may give it a try. I still don't know though, I love Bethesda, but I don't know how I feel about the game having a definite ending. Im the kind of guy who like to get through the story before I do and extreme exploring...

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 4 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #28

lol, who here got the sheriff of megaton killed? i didn't mean to but i did when i ratted that shady character in the bar out to the sheriff about blowing up the town laugh.gif... then, i used the sheriff's key to break into his house and i saw he had a son... i felt bad after that laugh.gif... but, the sheriff's got a nice weapon so it wasn't all fer nothing...

so far though, i'm liking the game... i am not very deep at all, i've only explored megaton a little but, so far, it's been entertaining and pretty fun trying to converse you way into getting the information you need... the VAT systems seems like a winner but, i've only had the chance to use it a few times... tonight, i am sure i'll be venturing deep into the wasteland where it'll be a bigger part of what i am doing...

haven't really had to worry at all about my health or contamination but, i feel i need to stock up for the journey i am about to embark on, which seems like it's gonna take a while to get to where i need to go... hope i am ready biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Nov 4 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #29

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 4 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1470684[/snapback]
The fear of anything in a game is an awesome feeling indeed.

I remember in Morrowind, I was afraid of the Ashlands for the longest time, and still to this day I'm a little scared of going in the water.

Hell, I think its a Bethesda thing. Because As far back as Daggerfall they've made me dump in my pants. The Dreughs...god I hate them. Freak me right the hell out.
And then in Oblivion the Spider Deadra. Not fucking cool.

So if this game has monsters like you say, that will freak me out, I may give it a try. I still don't know though, I love Bethesda, but I don't know how I feel about the game having a definite ending. Im the kind of guy who like to get through the story before I do and extreme exploring...

I've just been progressing at a slow pace with the story, you don't feel the need to keep going. I've played 30 hours now and probably done half the storyline, the rest of the time I've been exploring. I'm a lvl11 now.

QUOTE(turd burglar @ Nov 4 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1470709[/snapback]
lol, who here got the sheriff of megaton killed? i didn't mean to but i did when i ratted that shady character in the bar out to the sheriff about blowing up the town laugh.gif... then, i used the sheriff's key to break into his house and i saw he had a son... i felt bad after that laugh.gif... but, the sheriff's got a nice weapon so it wasn't all fer nothing...

so far though, i'm liking the game... i am not very deep at all, i've only explored megaton a little but, so far, it's been entertaining and pretty fun trying to converse you way into getting the information you need... the VAT systems seems like a winner but, i've only had the chance to use it a few times... tonight, i am sure i'll be venturing deep into the wasteland where it'll be a bigger part of what i am doing...

haven't really had to worry at all about my health or contamination but, i feel i need to stock up for the journey i am about to embark on, which seems like it's gonna take a while to get to where i need to go... hope i am ready biggrin.gif...

ALWAYS. stock up.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 4 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #30

so, did ya kill the sheriff or not? i am thinking of starting my game over since i am very near the beginning... i kinda thought the sheriff would provide some good help when i am out and about in the wasteland... so, i am thinking of sparing his life... maybe not though...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Nov 4 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #31

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I've been playing for about 15 hours, and most of it was exploration. I've found great enemies, allies, weapons, magazines, bobbleheads, and cool places to visit.

This post has been edited by DuPz0rô: Nov 4 2008, 07:05 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 4 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #32

yea, i found a bobble-head too but i didn't take it because i was afraid the person in the house would see me take it... what's their purpose?

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Nov 4 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #33

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I took it right in front of someone, i didn't lose karma, and they didn't say anything, so i don't think it counts as stealing from their house. They boost your skills by +10 points, and main stats by +1 point. Depending on the one you pick up.

This post has been edited by DuPz0rô: Nov 4 2008, 07:43 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Nov 4 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #34

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Keep Lucas alive. I disarmed the bomb and got a house in Megaton, inside the house you get a Bobble Head Collectors stand. They're a collectible, so you won't get any badness, like DuP said.

The story is good. Very good.

I'm fully suited in Brotherhood of Steel Power Armor now and I have a Brotherhood member who follows me as a protector.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 4 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #35

lucas simms is useful, eh? i kinda figured he would be... what about mr. burke, can i kill him? he's the one that wants me to blow up the town... i got a feeling he plays a more important role later in the game so, i guess i should keep him alive as well...

i really do wanna kill that bastard though laugh.gif...

EDIT: is there anything i can do with the burned books or are they useless? i see em all over the place so i figured they were... no, i'm not talking about the war book things laugh.gif... i haven't seen one of those yet...

This post has been edited by turd burglar: Nov 4 2008, 10:47 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Nov 4 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #36

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Burned books are useless. Now Pre-War books.. maybe keep a hold of. Store in a box for a rainy day. You can kill Mr. Burke. smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Samurai_tbag
post Nov 4 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,211

I put a bottlecap mine in Mr Burkes pocket.. the result was... entertaining ph34r.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 4 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Eddie Dean @ Nov 4 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]1470747[/snapback]
Burned books are useless. Now Pre-War books.. maybe keep a hold of. Store in a box for a rainy day. You can kill Mr. Burke. smile.gif

cool! i want that silenced pistol he used to kill simms so i can kill some other people in cold-blooded silence biggrin.gif... the silencer really does work right? i mean, i can shoot some fools without consequences if no one sees it?

sorry with all the questions but, this game is super deep...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Nov 5 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #39

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

Completed the story today. Felt pretty anti climatic. It was an alright story, nothing as majestic as I'd hoped. combat felt fairly easy too.
Also in response to game slowdown. Its due to the PS3 I think, as there has been no slowdown on the 360. Only had a few bugs here and there, easily passed. Made level 20 already, didn't take several playthroughs like they claimed. Putting it aside now, feel tired of it. 45 hours play time though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Samurai_tbag
post Nov 5 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,211

QUOTE(Kuwong @ Nov 5 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]1470796[/snapback]
45 hours play time though.

Jesus, I get the impression you need to get out a bit more. It's only been out 5 days!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:47 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4