> Original disk could not be found or authenticated
Laughing Man
post Aug 4 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,803

o.O You could just ask for the money or store credit to buy the game tongue.gif

BTW: GTA:SA for the PC has SecuROM 7 protection. So under the ISO making image settings make sure you select that.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 5 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #22

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,408

Hey I got the game because it WAS violent! Ask for gift card and then you can get all the blood and gore you like. Moms just don't understand.

But anyway, my Alcohol 120% copy does the same thing the disk copy does. There is no disk being checked but it still can't authenticate? What does this mean?

(No Windows Blinds)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ultimate Sweetne...
post Aug 5 2005, 03:01 AM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,949

QUOTE(Laughing Man @ Aug 4 2005, 10:41 AM)
o.O You could just ask for the money or store credit to buy the game tongue.gif
[right][snapback]792130[/snapback][/right]

hehe this past year I got a nice gift card for Best Buy that I used on Karaoke Revolution (Sorry, I'm Japanese, my DNA pulls me towards games like that with intensity for some reason) for Xbox and a new headset for my PC, and just got SA myself. ^^
Achievements

+Quote Post
Anachronist
post Aug 5 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 21,847

Hi,

the "disk could not be authentificated within time limit" error is most likely caused by the copy protection. There are several things you can do:

1. Download a newer driver for your dvd (if there is one - the hp of the manufactoerer of your drive is a good start)

2. Deactivate the DMA-Settings for your DVD. (Start-->Controle Panel-->System-->Hardware-->Device Manager--->IDE/ATA-Atapi Controler-->Primary Channel-->Advanced Settings-->Switch from "DMA, if available" to "PIO only-->same thing for the Secondary Controle Channel"

3. Deactivate all Applictions runnngi in the background, especially the Anti Virus Software.

4. Deinstall all kind of software meant to duplicate cd`s and dvd`s (for example Nero Burning Rom). You should also deinstall all kind of virtual drives, demon tools etc. The security software on the dvd will be triggered if it discovers stuff like that.

5. Try to slow your dvd down. If the driver software of your dvd does not allow to slow the dvd down, try to find a tool for it at the internet. Note: There isn`t such a tool for every dvd.

6. Pray or curse a lot ... don`t know if it helps, but it wouldn`t hurt wink.gif

Jörg
Achievements

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 6 2005, 04:37 AM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Thanks everyone for your ideas but still no luck. Laughing man your idea only got me a different error message. Incredably on a pretend drive it was still asking to remove the current disk (???) and incert the original disk!

Anachronist I tried everything but slowing the speed. No luck. All my drivers and Firmware are new. I tried to find a site for my drive but no luck. Where do you think I could find a new driver for this. The present diver only allowes me to change the write speed. : (
Achievements

+Quote Post
Laughing Man
post Aug 8 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

New drivers are most likely on the manufactuer's website..

I'm thinking this might have happened "http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=12125"

Edit: Yep "http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=20289". Securom 7 blacklists Alcohol 120% so you'll have to find a blacklist fix. Try the first link I posted.

This post has been edited by Laughing Man: Aug 8 2005, 12:03 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Get Sum Thug Luv
post Aug 8 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,228

If the crack didn't work try getting a patch for it. I had the same problem for a minute till I patched it wit "PatchFX" is the name
Achievements

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 15 2005, 03:49 AM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

First of all PatchFX is a virus which my system detected and erased. Just look for it on any site and you'll get a trojen, thanks Get Sum! I have enough to do tracking down a fix for this Securom nightmare, I don't need to be introduced to viruses.

I tried the Alcohol 120 and it didn't work on their either. I can try more stuff through them but thats whole other issues and more and more time.

And now for my Give UP Speach

I was not going to let this problem beat me but I have saved 16 fixes (!) (more if you add up Alcohol fixs) for this and tried them all to no effect. I think it has something to do with the security but no one knows so this can not be fixed. I just give up on this! I thank everyone for their ideas even though they didn't work. I bought this in June and I still can't play this! I have spent so many long hours downloading, installing, uninstalling, searching, and making changes on my computer all wasted. I am not going to wast any more of anyones time and call the tech's. They will tell me to do some more stuff that doesn't work and then they will tell me that I can return it if I still have the receipt and then it will finally be over. I might buy it again when it's $10 and all the problems are fixed. I will never buy a Rockstar game agian until it is patched and reduced greatly in price. If anyone has any last ideas on how to fix this thanks, I will try them before calling the Tech's. Thanks everyone! And RockStar and Securom you sooooo bite. sad.gif

This post has been edited by TravelnBoi: Aug 15 2005, 03:58 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
callmedoug
post Aug 16 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #29

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 21,768

After i installed the official "no-coffee" patch - btw, i never installed hot coffee or any other program. I installed no-coffee because it was supposed to fix the sound bug I was having.

anyway. once i installed the patch, my original CD stop being recognized. It always told me to put the orignal disk in. The only way I can now get me game to run is to open and close the diskdrive, so it runs the autorun file, and then choose "run GTA SA" from the menu.

Even doing this sometimes doesn't work, but it will run the game about 90% of the time.

btw,
when i called Rockstar, they ask me why i installed the patch if I never had hot coffee installed, and I said for the sound fix, they told me that the patch only fixed hot coffee, and did not do anything else - contrary to the patch notes.

So try running the game from the original disk autorun menu and see if that works for you.

edit to fix my horrible spelling.

This post has been edited by callmedoug: Aug 16 2005, 04:10 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
atrain
post Aug 17 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,732

i'm having the same problem & only since i installed the patch then rebooted. it played fine with the patch until the reboot. mine wont even start from the autorun. tech support for take2 games costs 2.60/minute what a joke.

who doubts rockstar will provide a fix for this? they only 'fixed' the sound bugs because of the hotcoffee thing.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Laughing Man
post Aug 17 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Btw..anyone else who has securom 7 problems can try this..

http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=19495&st=0
Achievements

+Quote Post
atrain
post Aug 19 2005, 03:52 AM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,732

i fixed it. uninstalled & reinstalled sans the patch. i backed up the set file & some of the saves & can confirm 1.1 saves will still work with 1.0
Achievements

+Quote Post
Axonis
post Aug 19 2005, 07:45 AM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,031

Intsead of Calling Tech Suport. Why dont you email them ?

Its Free !

--------------------
When it gets to your turn, they change the rules.

*Editing New Sig*

Sig too big, read the rules~Freakin-Barracuda
Achievements

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 20 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Thanks Axonis I did and am waiting for a reply.
I tried starting the game first thing as I turn on the computer but it never works for me.

They spent their time not on fixing known problems but on a patch for an unofficial mission??? So we can guess those calling the shots just don't care about their customers. This explains a lot. glare.gif

This post has been edited by TravelnBoi: Aug 20 2005, 12:51 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 21 2005, 02:50 AM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

I've also tried Alcohol 120 but it doesn't work with securom 7 unless you buy it and then you will be allowed to use the patch. That would be another $55 on top of the $50 to get the game itself! FYI I ain't buying anything that can't work on the first game I try it on! From what I have experienced GTA has developed a security system so tight even an owner can't play it. It's bananas! Jumpy.gif

This post has been edited by TravelnBoi: Aug 21 2005, 02:51 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
HyperActiveFreak
post Aug 21 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,911

Well, SA definately has a lot of technical problems...they should have a huge patch to fix them all at once biggrin.gif Although it would be impossible...
If they did, I bet they'll charge each user $10 laugh.gif

--------------------
San Andreas Completion: %100 - No Cheats

My Stats

AMD Athlon+ @ 2.0 Ghz
250GB Seagate S-ATA Harddrive
1GB DDR2 RAM
eVGA 7600GT KO 256MB
Logitech MX510 Gaming Mouse
19" NEC LCD Monitor
2 USB Analog controllers
Achievements

+Quote Post
Axonis
post Aug 21 2005, 04:05 AM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen

I did and am waiting for a reply.

From my experience, Tech Support take quite a while to get back to you. In my case. I sent them an email on the 10th Of July, and i still havent received anything.

Dont'ya hate it when things get lost ?

I fixed my problem, and in 6 months i will probaby get a reply. What The !

--------------------

*Editing New Sig*

Achievements

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 22 2005, 02:18 AM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

So in other words they don't return their emails... Sounds like RockStar. So I have to call them then if I am going to be within the deadline to return it. Well thanks for the emailling advise but thanks more for the don't email advise!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Axonis
post Aug 22 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen

Well, you can take your chances !

Personally i'd wait 6 months and not pay. But thats just me !

--------------------

*Editing New Sig*

Achievements

+Quote Post
TravelnBoi
post Aug 25 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

I am usually the same way but in 6 months the game will be patched and be half the price. By then I won't need the email. Thanks this is very helpful and probably saving me money too which is always nice. smile.gif

BY the way. I have gotten the official word back from Alcohol 120% and they said that it doesn't work for me with their system either because of the security issue. Their patch is said not to fix this in this game yet which is why I now have to get my money back.

I really rather play the game but nothing I do lets me and I have been trying everything for nearly 3 months! It really sickens me that RockStar took the time to blacklist this Alcohol but not the time to make it so that it works. I have had problems with other games and always fixed them in about 1 to 3 weeks but nothing on this scale. You have to expect some setbacks due to all the different systems and such but they know what this problem is and should just post it somewhere so I can avoid hating the company and avoiding their other games until there over a year old and on the $10 rack at Wal-mart. Lesson learned...

This post has been edited by TravelnBoi: Aug 25 2005, 11:57 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 06:00 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4