post Jul 23 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #41

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

problem solved... i found a copy of origins on amazon for $25 biggrin.gif... i am about to purchase it here in a few minutes... so, hopefully awakening is still available at the rental store and i'll be set... i just didn't want to spend $40 for origins and that's roughly what gamestop is still charging for it used... i'll take this deal no doubt... so, i'll have both games for about $40... origins for $25 and awakening for $18...

the only problem is i'll probably be waiting until later in the week next week before i get the game... but oh well, i saved about $40 for both of these games... you can't beat that... that'll leave me with with the room to purchase the "warden's keep" DLC as that's about the only one that interests me... and maybe leliana's song too... not really sure if i want any of those short quests for some new items, characters, and story...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 23 2010, 06:15 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 23 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #42

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

DO NOT get Darkspawn Chronicles. I hear it is mad gayness, despite the awesome premise.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 23 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #43

ordered... apparently i am going to have to wait a couple of weeks before i get this game, god dammit!! mad.gif... oh well, i guess that gives me a chance to beat batman: arkham asylum before i get it... while batman AA is fun, it's just not pulling me in like i thought it would... batman is by far my favorite superhero and, AA is a fun game but, it's not that engaging... i am near the end too...

but your right, massacre... i thought RDR would be the game i would spend all summer playing, waiting for new vegas... but, the luster has worn off and i haven't been compelled to continue playing my evil file... DA:O has officially sucked me into it's world, reminiscent of the capital wasteland... i think this will be the game i was hoping RDR would be... and that's a summer time-killer...

i am so glad naughty bear wasn't available to rent a couple weeks ago... if it was, i probably would of never gotten around to playing dragon age... instead opting to finish naughty bear and possibly checking out the "skate" series, or the new "mlb 10: the show"... it's funny how things work out for the better sometimes... i still need to rent naughty bear though... but, i think i can wait a little longer now that i have something else to play biggrin.gif...

EDIT: well fuck... i just got back from that rental place going out of business and they are absolutely out of PS3 games... the only 10 games that were left were all guitar hero games, which made me lol laugh.gif... so, no awakening, at least for a while... but who cares, origins will be in my hands next weekend... i'm sure that's enough to keep me busy biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 23 2010, 10:51 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 23 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #44

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Awakening will be cheap soon, I'd wager. It wasn't really all that well-received, people were very hard on it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 23 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #45

i don't think so... if origins is still $40, then awakening will be $40 too... unless they finally agree that it shouldn't be sold for the exact same price as the original... i almost wanted to hold out on buying origins because, i am sure a GOTY edition is coming with the DLC's... but, that could be months and months away...

this game was an absolute best-seller so, i am sure one is in the pipelines... bioware even said it was now their biggest franchise, and that's not bad for the first entry in the series... now bring mass effect to the PS3 please because, i am now a fan of your company biggrin.gif... you've restored my faith in getting back into the RPG genre...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 23 2010, 11:29 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 25 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #46

Attached File  mywarden.JPG ( 46.42K ) Number of downloads: 10

here's my grey warden warrior... i have yet to run across a human that looks like this... they're all clean-shaven for some reason... my guy looks like he should be hanging out with the dwarves of orzammar laugh.gif...

i do like that barbarian helmet though... the horns are badass...

EDIT: you know, i think i am just going to leave my character where he is at right now... this game is due back tomorrow but, it's not like i am in the middle of a crazy battle... i am saved right in front of the guy who leads the proving grounds... i've already convinced the other fighters to fight for homman-something... i've initiated virtually almost all of the side-quests in orzammar, which seems to have a common theme; find ohgren's wife...

it'll be a nice place to pick things up again at...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 25 2010, 05:03 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 29 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #47

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

bOnEs. Check out this Qunari from Dragon Age 2.

Some Qunari have horns now. There's a similar thing in WoW's lore among the night elves, where some of them are born with antlers, and it's a sign that they're going to do something important for their people. The horns work the same way for the Qunari. Also, that body paint is badass.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Jul 29 2010, 05:07 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 29 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #48

qunari?? not sure if i've ran across those yet in DA:O... or maybe i just thought they were regular humans... i never saw or recruited sten, a qunari so, i don't know... looks badass though, i wonder if there's a qunari origin in DA2?...

anyways yea, i got this game in the mail today... i'll continue my quest this weekend biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 29 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #49

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

There's no race options in DA2, which is why it's called Dragon Age 2 and not Origins 2. You're a human, no matter what. Fucking gay.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 29 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #50

really? wow, not interested in it anymore... we'll see though, they could be doing some grand improvements but, you should still be given the option of what race you want to be... i understand the main character now has a name and voice but, you can still put these on any race...

anyways, i was wondering, can you make an elvish blood mage? i wasn't sure if elves were limited to being just rouges... but, i am thinking about being an elf on my next game... and i want to be big on magic too...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 29 2010, 06:30 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 29 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #51

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Yeah, you can be a mage as an elf. You don't get the elf origin, though. There's a separate origin just for mages.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 29 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #52

really? damn, maybe i'll save the mage for later then... i really want to do the city elf origin... being enslaved like that, makes my character hate the world, setting up the perfect evil file... oh well... i can worry about these things later...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 29 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #53

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Yeah, mages are pretty oppressed in Dragon Age, so they all get taken to the Circle Tower for training/imprisonment until they're trustworthy enough to leave the tower. And the city elf origin is fun, it's how my second evil file started (my first was a mage).

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 2 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #54

finished the orzammar questline... that, umm "beast-thingy" with the 12 titties was quite the battle... wynne was the only one left standing during that battle... i had to keep healing myself, while attacking... it took some time but, i finally managed to get her...

then a similar situation happened against the large dragon on the mountaintop from a quest earlier... i went back there to slay it... only, alistair was the last one standing... it took about 6 health potions but, i managed to slay the dragon as well... got my first silver trophy as well...

romanced morrigan but, i did not save laugh.gif... her approval rating for some reason is now higher than alistair... i guess not taking her on my good guy quests and just giving her gifts at camp has boosted her approval of me... got the trophy for romancing her but, like i said, i didn't save because, i didn't want to start anything between me and leliana...

this kind of pisses me off though because, during the quest where i had to break out of prison, leliana and morrigan came to my rescue.. where the fuck is alistair at?! i don't even hang out with morrigan, nor take her on quests... yet, here she is trying to save me like we're best friends... i guess i need to go search for some gifts for alistair to boost his rating a little higher or something... we talk like we're best friends but, apparently morrigan is more of a friend...

oghren is now in my party as well but, he'll probably just hang out at camp like the other evil companions... he wasn't too thrilled about me killing his woman... however, i did lose one of my party members when i reached denerim for the landsmeet... i traveled to the pearl for some action and to meet the guys who were setting up a "friends of the grey warden" meet... that went well... anyways, on my way there, another assassin showed up... but, he wasn't interested in talking to me, he wanted to talk to zevran... and he convinced zevran to re-commit himself to trying to kill me... so i had to kill him and his friend... so, no more zevran back at camp... what a shame too, he even had some good gear on him... now, i'll have to find someone else to wear it... but, it's not like i was ever using him so, it's no big loss...

i just saved the queen and i think i am now on the mission to see what's up with the alienage in town... i've been waiting all game to see these elves and to hear the story of the alienage... should be interesting...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 2 2010, 02:09 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 2 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #55

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

You really should have made friends with Oghren. He's funny as fuck.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 2 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #56

don't worry, i'll befriend him in my next game... plus, it's getting to the point of the game where i could care less about another companion, i'm already set in my ways and nearing the end... i'll be sure to add him early though, i'll go to orzammar first next game... unless that 12 titty beast is just as hard, then i won't... i am hoping she levels with the character and not like the dragon that has a set level...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 2 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #57

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I've always done Orzammar pretty early in my games, so I'm not really sure.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 4 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #58

finished the landsmeet... it did not go as i planned and it seemed rather one-sided anyways... loghian did most of the talking... but, the board came to a draw and i was forced to fight loghian at the end... then, i had to kill him to keep alistair happy but, i was not about to let loghian into the wardens anyways... that just sounded like a really bad idea...

and the queen seemed very aggressive towards alistair for some reason... i can't understand the hostility to be honest... but, she's the queen and the blight is the objective now so, i am about to travel to redcliffe to meet the evil army...

i am probably about an hour or so from the end i am assuming... this is what the game has been building up to so, here we go...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 4 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #59

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The fighting leading up to the final battle is pretty lengthy, you have a couple of hours left.

And your evil file will be pleasantly surprised when he lets Loghain live.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 4 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #60

the strange things is, something tells me i can't continue my file after i beat the game... it's shame too because, i am only level 17... i don't think i'll reach level 20 before the end... so, i don't think i'll get my hands on that trophy unless i fight thousands of darkspawn or the archdemon is worth a shit-load of experience points...

but whatever, i am near the end and i'll take whatever they give me... i learned a lot about how to play with this file so, now i will be better prepared when creating my next character... i spent experience points on worthless categories and unlocked worthless skills that my character didn't even use, like two-handed weapon skills and sword and shield skills... there's about 5 wasted skills in those two categories...

but like i said, whatever... this whole file was a learning experience anyways...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 04:47 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4