post Oct 9 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

since this is nearing release, i figured it could use it's own topic...

well i got a chance to play the multiplayer beta last night, one of the benefits of being a playstation+ member biggrin.gif, and so far, it's not all that good to be honest... they were only featuring one mode last night called "wanted" where you try to locate and kill another player blending into the crowd... and if you do anything to blow your cover, like killing that person or running in the open, you'll become a target yourself and be hunted down by other players, and breaking their line of site and hiding is the only way to lose the bounty on your head, which is damn near impossible to do in the small confined spaces of the beta...

i played this mode about a half dozen times and started to get extremely bored with it... supposedly there's another mode called, "alliance", which i would like to check out but, i am not as excited about it as i might of been had the "wanted" mode been more fun... i don't know, right now it feels like a cheap tacked-on mode for the sake of adding multiplayer to an already stellar single player experience...

trust me, i am sure the single player game will be fun as hell... i am just not so sure about the multiplayer just yet... and i am probably months away from actually checking this game out and playing it... i don't see myself buying this game at all... after not playing ACII after i beat it 100%, i don't want to waste my money on purchasing another AC so soon... i think i'll just rent this sometime next year...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 9 2010, 04:11 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 9 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Definitely getting it, but definitely not getting it on release day, no matter how badly I want the collector's edition swag.

Gamestop:

Everyone else:

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Oct 11 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Hustler

Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

played the multiplayer beta on ps3, its really good. its fun for an hour then i need to turn it off but.

your HUD detects how far you are from your target and guides you towards it, at the same time someone is targeting you, there doesnt seem to be any way to defend your self, your pretty much dead if they get close enough.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 11 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Oct 11 2010, 08:01 AM) *
played the multiplayer beta on ps3, its really good. its fun for an hour then i need to turn it off but.

your HUD detects how far you are from your target and guides you towards it, at the same time someone is targeting you, there doesnt seem to be any way to defend your self, your pretty much dead if they get close enough.

you have to blow your cover to flee a pursuer... basically if someone is close, you better just run and hope you lose them somewhere... it kind of sucks though that you can't kill your pursuer... i waited in a crowd of a few people once that looked just like my chosen character, and i waited for the enemy to show up and thought that i could kill him but, i blew my cover by attempting to stab him, and he laughed and killed me...

kinda lame... and i heard the other mode "alliance" is just more of the same, only your a part of a team... booo, give us something else ubisoft, this feels like a cheap gimmick...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 11 2010, 01:24 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 11 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

This game is on my "post-Christmas" list. I love Assassin's Creed. I loved the first one and I jizzed for the second one. This one just doesn't appeal to me as much - although the multiplayer could be interesting. I think I was turned off by AC2's shitty DLC; like they were trying to milk the game for more than it was. I was hoping the next AC game would be the third in a trilogy that would wrap up the Desmond Miles story. It seems like they weren't able to move forward in history yet - I thought the next game was supposed to be more modern, featuring another assassin at another period of time; like they did with the second game.

I'm not saying they got lazy and just decided to use the engine, character models and essentially the same maps (only larger and rearranged) to put out another game; but it kind of feels like it.

I'll snag this eventually, but it's not going to be a day one purchase for me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 11 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #6

yea, it's just too soon... i mean, ACII came out this time last year!! how in the world can they put together another brilliant edition in less than a year!! i know how, by introducing barely anything new, except for a continuation of a current story... and i too am disappointed in seeing them stick with ezio but, i think they see the AC franchise as a cash cow now and they want to prolong the eventual ending to the desmond miles story for as long as they can... which in turn is going to make the desmond miles story less interesting... i think the appeal of "brotherhood" is going to be multiplayer and i think ubisoft is going to promote it as such... so, i am assuming the main story is going to be a bit of a side-quest to the desmond miles story... probably just a diversion to learn of more names in the abstergo/templar storyline...

i'm with you stoic, this is a post-christmas play... probably a rental... so far the multiplayer beta hasn't shown me anything worthy enough to make me purchase the game to play online... i'll probably mess around a few times online when i rent it and that'll be it... once i beat the story, i don't plan on playing it again...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 11 2010, 03:07 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 11 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #7

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

It basically an expansion. It's not part of the trilogy, it's just Ubisoft's way of making a little quick cash.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 11 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #8

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 11 2010, 01:04 PM) *
It basically an expansion. It's not part of the trilogy, it's just Ubisoft's way of making a little quick cash.

Motherfuckers.

I'll still play it, but I'd rather collect flags in Assassin's Creed 1.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 11 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #9

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The main rumor for the third game is feudal Japan, but with a female protagonist. I'm hoping only the Japan part ends up happening.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jáger
post Oct 12 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #10

Do Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 58,774
PSN Name: TehLastGuardian

Japan sounds cool.

Sooner or later, we're going to see a modern-day Assassins Creed with Desmond as the protagonist. It's what all this is for, basically, they're training him up to be a part of the assassins guild.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 12 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #11

yup... but with brotherhood, they seem to be taking a side-step with more assassinations in the renaissance era... i heard rome is the main city in this game, hell the only city in the this game confirmed thus far... i haven't read up on much AC news but, it seems like i've only heard about rome...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Oct 12 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #12

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Rome is the only city in the game, but it consists of multiple districts that are each as big as any city in the ACII, except maybe Venice.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Oct 14 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #13

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

I got the multiplayer beta too, but I couldn't connect to any games.
But I played their tutorial/practice thing ... and my impression was: I wouldn't get this game for the online.
I played the first game a long time ago, and it was pretty fun for the most part especially running through rooftops after performing the missions and fighting and none of that is present in the online.
I've never played the second one, so I can't really compare to that.

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Oct 14 2010, 11:36 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Nov 3 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #14

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,644

Bah! Way too soon, even if this is just a glorified expansion. I'll just read about the story somewhere. It'll spare me 15 hours or so of my life better spent playing New Vegas or watching Westerns. Or working.

I find the story behind the AC series really interesting, but they aren't games i really ever come back to for the gameplay. If i wasn't a complete loser who collects games, i would have traded them in ages ago.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 30 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

You know there are spoiler boxes, asshole. Use spoilers on specific sentences - half you post wasn't spoilers and didn't need them, just certain parts.

I don't really think there were any spoilers for anyone who hasn't played the game - it was actually pretty difficult to understand. Anyway, this is on my Christmas list. I heard it was pretty decent of a game. Instead of talking about the spoilers of the game, how about your review of the game - in general. Did you enjoy it as a whole? How does it compare to AC:2? Have you played the multiplayer?

Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Nov 30 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #16

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Theres plenty of reviews out there, read them if your wanting too know more about the game itself, my post was about my questions and thoughts on the story, you havnt played the game yet thats why it was hard for you to understand......

This post has been edited by Flea: Nov 30 2010, 07:03 PM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Nov 30 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #17

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I think poor grammar and wording might have had more to do with it than not playing the game...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Nov 30 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #18

this game is probably my first rental of next year... i would try to platinum it too but, i know i wouldn't get any of the online trophies so, it's been reduced to a 5 night rental instead...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Nov 30 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #19

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Flea @ Nov 30 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Theres plenty of reviews out there, read them if your wanting too know more about the game itself, my post was about my questions and thoughts on the story, you havnt played the game yet thats why it was hard for you to understand......

No one on this site has played this game.

Go to another site with your nonsensical rantings and terrible grammar. If there had been any kind of discussion about the game up to this point, that would be a good opportunity for you to proceed with spoiler talk. Otherwise, it's not necessary. This site isn't teeming with life and they only discussion you'll get is nurtured discussion.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 3 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #20

Boss
Group Icon

I just picked this up today by exchanging a copy of Borderlands GOTY I got on Cyber Monday for $30, then took it to Walmart where it's selling for $60. Even trade. Or so they think.

Retail Fraud Assassin.

Anyway - I'm not going to be blowing through this game. It's probably going into my backlog for a bit - I've been meaning to replay the first AC so I can collect all the fucking flags and templars. I don't think there will be any going back after playing the 3rd one.
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:31 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4