DuPz0r
post Feb 25 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I gave in to temptation today and bought it! And I'm glad i did. The campaign so far has been pretty impressive stuff. Not sure about online play yet, but i never liked it on killzone 2 anyway... Also good to see co-op campaign mode offline too.

Anyone else bought this or rented it yet?

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 25 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #2

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I think i'll file this under my don't care file.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 26 2011, 05:04 AM
Post #3

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 25 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Also good to see co-op campaign mode offline too.

nice, i havent been following the news and i didnt know it had that feature... it was one of my favorite things in Resistance 1 (cant believe its been 4 years)...

I liked Killzone 2, the gameplay was good and online was fun, the only problem i had with it was that i couldnt get into the story very much, to be honest i cant even remember what it was about...

Im getting this but probably in a couple of weeks cause im still busy with other games.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 26 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #4

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

I have it. I'm pretty happy with it. I have a busy semester so I haven't been able to play a lot sad.gif

there is a map pack already announced: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSykquq71EY
it seems too soon ...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 26 2011, 05:48 AM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 25 2011, 02:09 PM) *
The campaign so far has been pretty impressive stuff. Not sure about online play yet, but i never liked it on killzone 2 anyway...

I am quite the opposite. I didn't care for the story but loved the online play.

I don't plan on picking up KZ3 anytime soon but maybe in the future. Maybe.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 26 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

@Kamahl: The story in this one is intense. The levels are huge, epic and iconic, it'll be pretty hard to forget what has happened in this game.

@ENVi3: Yeah i think i saw a DLC on PSN the day of release, or it could have been a trailer for a DLC, i can't remember. I does seem a little too soon. Unless they're planning many DLC's they're getting it out way too early.

@Treefitty: I dunno why i didn't really get into the online. I think it's because there were so many other FPS games out at the time like Modern Warfare and Resistance 2, i preferred those and played them instead. I would like to get into this one online, but it has to have something cool enough to keep me interested.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 26 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

The DLC that's out now is retro map packs, which are free if you pre-ordered (or maybe it's for everyone that bought a new copy). But yeah that new pack in the video seems so soon ... I hope it's free otherwise it's pretty lame since they could have probably included it in the disk.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Mar 1 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

I finally got round to completing the campaign today. I love how each level it more epic than the one before it. A little short, but that's to be expected with FPS games. Now i can start playing online see how that plays.

I think I'm going to have to play through again co-op with the misses though. I like the way co-op works in this game. Being able to revive each other like resistance 2 is a nice feat.

ENVi3, you completed it yet? What did you think of it?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Mar 1 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #9

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

I think I'm going to save this for when the price drops, My priorities for this month are Homefront, Crysis 2 and possibly Bulletstorm. Loved the multiplayer demo though, so I may change my mind yet.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Mar 1 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Still Standing
Group Icon

I'm not interested in Bulletstrom, but i am interested in Crysis 2!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 1 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #11

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i am interested in none of the above.. i played the demo of killzone 3 a couple weeks ago and was unimpressed... i just don't know what it is with FPS but, they are not at all interesting... the story never grabs me, and their EPIC moments aren't really special to me... i just don't know what it is... i never connect with the story or characters... it's like they are trying to take you on this epic ride but fail to keep it interesting along the way...

the demo tried to be epic and for some reason i never connected with the characters or to my mission... when i got my hands on the jet-pack thingy, it got even worse... this game is going for shock value, and it's failing miserably... after i finished the demo, i uninstalled it and never plan to play it again... i haven't played a single killzone and it seems like i am not missing much when it comes to a story... the story of 3 has been getting bashed by almost every reviewer since release... and that's a shame because, isn't 3 suppose to wrap up the trilogy?? or am i right to assume they are prolonging the ending for more sequels...

i hope it's a success for sony's sake... they need some bonafide FPSers in their arsenal... i think the general consensus is resistance is the flagship franchise in that department on the PS3... killzone is trying but, isn't quite living up to expectations...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 1 2011, 08:48 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 1 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #12

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 1 2011, 10:50 AM) *
I think I'm going to save this for when the price drops, My priorities for this month are Homefront, Crysis 2 and possibly Bulletstorm. Loved the multiplayer demo though, so I may change my mind yet.

Those aren't priorities for me, but those are the FPS's I'm considering buying this year. If I end up buying any of them, it will likely be Bulletstorm.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Mar 2 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #13

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

@DuPz0r
Yeah I beat it on Veteran and I guess I will try Elite eventually, but we'll see.
The story was OK, but in a FPS the basic idea is to just shoot your way through and get to another cut-scene, etc.. Some of those cut-scenes obviously tried to be exciting but they were just kind of awkward. But the campaign game play itself was pretty fun. I like how they changed it up from normal shoot-your-way-through to other stuff like stealth and focusing on different weapons and vehicles, etc. The ending sucked ... It really just kind of ended abruptly and they tried to leave a off with a cliffhanger too.

With that being said, most people buy FPS just for the Online mainly, and so far that's been pretty fun except there are some pretty bad balancing issues. It's not uncommon to see a 9vs4 or a 5vs2 game. It sucks and I know I joined a game once and it put me on the team that already had the most people. Operations is tons of fun, but there's only 3 maps for that game mode currently =/

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Mar 2 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #14

Still Standing
Group Icon

Yeah i was really disappointed with the ending, especially with the huge build up and crazy change in game play type towards the end. I also felt the cutscenes were lacking anything decent to get excited about. Saying that, i will most likely go and complete it on Elite with my misses.

I still haven't bothered playing online yet, but i will eventually.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Mar 2 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #15

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

My brother in law rented this for a week, but he's gone out tonight so I've got it. I am going to try and get as much of the campaign done as I can and if I like it, I might rethink.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Mar 3 2011, 07:30 AM
Post #16

Still Standing
Group Icon

You should be able to complete it in one sitting tbh. I completed it with a friend in less than 5 hours on veteran the other day...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Mar 12 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #17

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

New patch was released http://www.dualshocknexus.com/2011/03/kill...s-now-live.html
reading through the list some of these made me happy tongue.gif
The only bummer is they haven't fixed the map rotation yet ...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:27 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4