Guests cannot vote 
Toge
post Jul 8 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 367

I play Basketball, Football, Ice hockey and Table tennis.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caliguy
post Jul 8 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #22

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

QUOTE(Supa-Nigguh @ Jul 7 2005, 11:25 AM)
Play and watch American Football and Basketball
[right][snapback]734804[/snapback][/right]

Ditto.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bitch Heartless
post Jul 8 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #23

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 11,923

I play basketball and i watch basketball and american footbal.

--------------------
LilTermite/Clutch/RedLeg
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fergo
post Jul 9 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,090

i play

Gridiron
League
Cricket
Touch
i do boxing
i surf

But the sport i love the most is league nothing can beat it...

i live in australia and have just finished my first year playing gridiron a really different sport.... it's heaps good except i don't like how u start n stop... you kinda loose the anticipation... ur like geed for 1 play then you score a td then the defence comes on then it's time for offence and ur like oh yeh kool my turn again wow.....with league ur constantly doing something.....

Whats it like playing gridiron in america?? a usa Allstars team and a Arizona Allstars team are in australia right now playing a game against our AUS team... to bad it was my first year or else i woulda been in the team.... but yeh wats it like in america??

i play RB and we only play 7 a team and a 50 metre feild.... it's under 14's to 18's then when ur 19 it's open age.....

oh yeh... union is gay it's a 1 on 1 man sport... if ur playing centre fullback or wing.. and you can beat the guy whos on u..then u score..... it's not a game of strength it's a game of nob jockys just running the ball and getting steped on...it's got no skill at all any1 could play..... all they do is kick the ball all day coz there scared of getting tackled

--------------------
Read the forum rules and resize your signature, thank you!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marriner
post Jul 9 2005, 08:05 AM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,994

QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 9 2005, 07:45 AM)
oh yeh... union is gay
[right][snapback]737361[/snapback][/right]
Hell yeah

--------------------
QUOTE(Knocc Out)
Catnip, why dont you get on all four and lick my balls and say meow, you little dirty slut

lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bulkstack
post Jul 9 2005, 12:55 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 20

I play football (soccer)

twice a week

smile.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fergo
post Jul 9 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

so whats it like playing gridiron in america???

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
kaftka
post Jul 10 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 321

QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 9 2005, 07:45 PM)
oh yeh... union is gay it's a 1 on 1 man sport... if ur playing centre fullback or wing.. and you can beat the guy whos on u..then u score..... it's not a game of strength it's a game of nob jockys just running the ball and getting steped on...it's got no skill at all any1 could play..... all they do is kick the ball all day coz there scared of getting tackled
[right][snapback]737361[/snapback][/right]

dry.gif Have you even played/watched Union? Not a game of strength? Okay, you go and play prop for a couple of games then say that. No skill? Just watch the AB's demolition of the Lions and say that. One on One? League is far more one on one in defense. Besides, League is all about possession, Union is all about position, of course there's going to be a lot of tactical kicking involved, because it's not like league with a tackle count. Theres a higher chance of losing the ball when you're pinned down in your own 22. I've played both Union and League (not competitively) and I have to say that in the forwards, it doen't come much tougher in Union as you constantly have to make it to each ruck, and try and retain the ball. Union is actually quite a tactical game.... But I wouldn't expect you to appreciate that Mr. Closedmind. sleep.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

The eternal conundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when kaftka punched himself in the face.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fergo
post Jul 10 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #29

Upstanding Citizen

hmmm mr union, league is much a tougher sport... i have not seen as many injuries in union than in league. in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals... i can not stress this enough league has more skill....more speed.... what about 1 of those tries that goes threw the whole team then back threw the whole team and they score....u can kick 40/20's....as soon as sum1 is tackled they gotta get into dummy half and play the ball it's never stop...at least union when they get in the ruck they might have at least a 3 second brake...union...wats all this lifting with line outs...u pass the ball all the way to the wing and youve got an over lap for sure.... lol u love union and i love league we both think our sports are harder and they are both hard anyone who plays any profesional sport is good

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_CowPig_*
post Jul 10 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #30

Guests

I used to play floor hockey. I don't watch any sports (on TV) but I like going to games.

I also like Soccer, but I haven't played in a while. And I like watching Beach Volleyball during the olympics XD
Achievements

+Quote Post
Redundant
post Jul 10 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,469

QUOTE(CowPig @ Jul 11 2005, 12:14 AM)
I used to play floor hockey. I don't watch any sports (on TV) but I like going to games.

I also like Soccer, but I haven't played in a while. And I like watching Beach Volleyball during the olympics XD
[right][snapback]739228[/snapback][/right]

me too drool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheMafiaGodfathe...
post Jul 11 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6

i would never be able to watch a sport it just bores me i can only play
Achievements

+Quote Post
kaftka
post Jul 11 2005, 04:22 AM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 11 2005, 10:04 AM)
hmmm mr union, league is much a tougher sport... i have not seen as many injuries in union than in league.  in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals... i can not stress this enough league has more skill....more speed.... what about 1 of those tries that goes threw the whole team then back threw the whole team and they score....u can kick 40/20's....as soon as sum1 is tackled they gotta get into dummy half and play the ball it's never stop...at least union when they get in the ruck they might have at least a 3 second brake...union...wats all this lifting with line outs...u pass the ball all the way to the wing and youve got an over lap for sure.... lol u love union and i love league we both think our sports are harder and they are both hard anyone who plays any profesional sport is good
[right][snapback]739076[/snapback][/right]

Actually I like League as well.... But then, I'm a Warriors fan so what do I know?

What do you mean the tackled dude gets a break. Sure, if you call getting 6 or 7 guys over 100kg's toppling onto you a break.

You talk about League having skill, then bag lineouts. Lineouts are one of the most skillful plays in world sport.

You rate toughness on injuries? Okay then, League may have more injuries (although I'd like to see your source), but Union has more deaths rolleyes.gif Seriously, that's a pretty sad attitude.

Also, I don't know what sort of national Union competition there is in Australia, but in NZ first class rugby players play 11 rounds of Super 12 (soon to be 13 with the Super 14 coming), and then the play in the NPC, which has about 10 teams in it. Then theres the 10-14 International fixtures in a year. Pass to the wing for an instant overlap? You obviously don't watch much Union. You sound like one of those people who wonder why they don't pass it to the fast guy more often.

--------------------
IPB Image

The eternal conundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when kaftka punched himself in the face.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Do Not Trust thi...
post Jul 11 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 3,744

i have not seen as many injuries in union than in league. in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals..

Well in England we have about 25 games perseason excluding the Heiniken Cup, The Challenge Cup, the Powergen Cup, The Wildcard Semi's and Finals and the Zurich (Guinness) Semi and Final, so that adds up to about 50 games per year for your club, then the Internationals. I Read an Article saying that the longest break from playing rugby that Josh Lewsey has had since the World Cup final was 3 weeks, and that was before this years Lions tour.

And Injuries? In the English Premiership, stats have shown that the least percentage of players injured during the season was 25%. Its far more dangerous, Look at Brian O'Driscoll getting Speared by Umaga and Mealamu, thats career threataning.

This post has been edited by lb90210: Jul 11 2005, 08:49 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks To Mech for the Animation above ^_^
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marriner
post Jul 11 2005, 09:06 AM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,994

QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 10 2005, 10:04 PM)
in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals...
[right][snapback]739076[/snapback][/right]
I don't like Leauge, but man is it better than that fucking crap union, who the fuck invented union anyway

--------------------
QUOTE(Knocc Out)
Catnip, why dont you get on all four and lick my balls and say meow, you little dirty slut

lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
Do Not Trust thi...
post Jul 11 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 3,744

QUOTE(Los Santos @ Jul 11 2005, 10:06 AM)
I don't like Leauge, but man is it better than that fucking crap union, who the fuck invented union anyway
[right][snapback]739955[/snapback][/right]

Union was invented many many years before league.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks To Mech for the Animation above ^_^
Achievements

+Quote Post
kaftka
post Jul 11 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(lb90210 @ Jul 12 2005, 04:38 AM)
QUOTE(Los Santos @ Jul 11 2005, 10:06 AM)
[right][snapback]739955[/snapback][/right]

Union was invented many many years before league.
[right][snapback]740384[/snapback][/right]

That is true. But you can't really say that. Union was a very different game back then, and the guys who invented league didn't like the direction Union was going in so they branched off and League was born. Both sports were evolved. So nobody really invented the Union we see today.

--------------------
IPB Image

Achievements

+Quote Post
House
post Jul 12 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,344

I play and wath Rugby League.
and I sometimes watch and play Union.
And I play American Football

But in my opinion League is a tougher sport players get injured more than Union or maybe its the players that are soft.

The Sofftest play in League:
Sonny Bill Williams

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
kaftka
post Jul 12 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jul 12 2005, 03:01 PM)
The Sofftest play in League:
Sonny Bill Williams
[right][snapback]741684[/snapback][/right]

Pfft. Wouldn't say he's the softest. You are talking about his silly injury aren't you?

Hes a champion.

--------------------
IPB Image

Achievements

+Quote Post
House
post Jul 12 2005, 04:20 AM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,344

Yeah im talking about hios injury it was only 5 minutes it was pathetic

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:28 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4