IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PS3 Firmware Update 3.0, now available...
bOnEs
post Sep 1 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i logged in last night and found out that the latest firmware update was released... and it might of been the fastest update ever! it only took a few minutes... but, they changed some things around in the XMB and you also now have the new startup screen that's being installed on the PS3 slims... also, the friends list was slightly modified as well... and i am sure there were plenty of other minor updates also...

so log in and get updated my friends...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GLC
post Sep 1 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #2

Anus.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 38,852

I did the update a little earlier today. Meh. Noticed the BBC iPlayer thing which is pretty cool, don't like the changes to layout and general look of the XMB though. The glitter or whatever the hell that is in the background annoys me and I haven't bothered to find if I can get rid of it or not. So yeah, a meh update for me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 2 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #3

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Pretty decent update. I love the copy+paste feature that took them three years to incorporate. I'm sure by now D-O knows how much I love it. Yeah, glitter's alright. It's pretty on an HDTV. I like/dislike the new friends list. Sometimes I think it's too bulky, while the rest of the time I like it. Also, I love the new date+time section at the top right. I like how it shows how many friends are online and how many new messages you have. Also, the little analog clock up there is cool. I like vagina.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Sep 2 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #4

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

my ps3 died after i installed 3.0

i was checking the new stuff when it turned off... and it doesnt work anymore.

Im still not sure if it was the 3.0 version taht killed it or not...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 2 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #5

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Sep 2 2009, 01:49 AM) [snapback]1520404[/snapback]
my ps3 died after i installed 3.0

i was checking the new stuff when it turned off... and it doesnt work anymore.

Im still not sure if it was the 3.0 version taht killed it or not...

That's what happened to mine after I logged in. Did it make a clicking noise? Is the light yellow or red or off?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 2 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I like the new update. I don't really like the look of my friends list. But i like the fact there is a a BBC iplayer, and an interactive PSN store under GAME.. Plus the glitter is a nice girly touch.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 2 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #7

Get off my Planet

QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 2 2009, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1520432[/snapback]
I like the new update. I don't really like the look of my friends list. But i like the fact there is a a BBC iplayer, and an interactive PSN store under GAME.. Plus the glitter is a nice girly touch.

What the hell is a BBC iplayer?
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 2 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #8

Probably some gay UK shit

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #9

the friends list moves choppy now... there seems to be a bit of a lag when moving thru the list... i don't really like the gray boxes behind all your contacts... they probably could of left that new feature out...

everything else is nice... the new clock animation for loading, the fact that your battery life isn't displayed on top of the clock, and the bigger fonts in the XMB... the startup screen is a nice change of scenery as well... i barely see the glitter most of the time, it's so fast that you almost think your screen turned into pixels for a split second laugh.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 2 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #10

Get off my Planet

The glitter is more noticable on an HDTV (wait, I forgot if you have one). The new visuals look nice, the whats new button is good. I think the only thing I don't like is the new look of the friends list. I noticed they have a PS store button under the Video section, but when I click it it says the feature isn't available in my Region/Country.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #11

i got an HDTV and i do see the glitter... it's just so unnoticeable for me...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 2 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #12

Get off my Planet

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1520477[/snapback]
i got an HDTV and i do see the glitter... it's just so unnoticeable for me...

Then your eyes suck balls.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #13

and i have better than 20/20 vision lol... seriously, it's so subtle that if it annoys you, you see it more... it doesn't bother me so, i don't notice it... it's as simple as that...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 2 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Get off my Planet

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:26 PM) [snapback]1520480[/snapback]
and i have better than 20/20 vision lol... seriously, it's so subtle that if it annoys you, you see it more... it doesn't bother me so, i don't notice it... it's as simple as that...

I got that too, but I can still see the glitter.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #15

i can see it too...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 2 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #16

Get off my Planet

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1520486[/snapback]
i can see it too...

NO YOU CAN'T
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 2 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1520487[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1520486[/snapback]
i can see it too...

NO YOU CAN'T

what, did you borrow my eyes one night and try to see the glitter but you couldn't?

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Sep 2 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #18

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 2 2009, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1520464[/snapback]
the friends list moves choppy now... there seems to be a bit of a lag when moving thru the list... i don't really like the gray boxes behind all your contacts... they probably could of left that new feature out...

I've always had trouble reading the friends list for what game people were playing. I think they wanted to make it more legible.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 2 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #19

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Sep 2 2009, 12:53 PM) [snapback]1520446[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Sep 2 2009, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1520432[/snapback]

What the hell is a BBC iplayer?

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 2 2009, 02:44 PM) [snapback]1520455[/snapback]
Probably some gay UK shit

BBC iplayer lets you watch all BBC Programs on all their channels. You just pick the program, film, series whatever you wanna watch and it streams it. It is good if you are playing a game and forget something was on TV, you just watch it when you want.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 2 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #20

I just turned the glitter off. Under theme settings, for wallpaper, hit Classic

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 10:25 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4